Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car was brush with one-way valve

Does anyone remember those gadgets? I guess they're on Ebay - if you enter
the right search terms.

The brush has a a wide bit of tubing attached. Bottom of tube holds a
one-way valve. Dip tube in bucket of suds.

Shake up and down action "pumps" the suds uphill and into the soft brush.
Are they still made? TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably made by the same company that made valour cloths brushes you
pressed a trigger in the handle to reverse the direction. After a couple of
years the plastic cam system broke and shot the bits across the room. Then
there was the buttoneer, a bit like those tagging machines they use in shops
for security tags on clothes.

Anyone remember the Ktel record vacuum. I had one of those, if you took out
the silly foam pads and replaced them with carbon fibre brushes it worked
but as shipped all it did was charge the disc up to about 10000 volts so you
dropped it when you tried to pick it up!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:46:49 +0000, Bertie Doe wrote:

Does anyone remember those gadgets? I guess they're on Ebay - if you
enter the right search terms.

The brush has a a wide bit of tubing attached. Bottom of tube holds a
one-way valve. Dip tube in bucket of suds.

Shake up and down action "pumps" the suds uphill and into the soft
brush. Are they still made? TIA

I suspect they were **** ? They certainly looked it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

no no

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bertie Doe wrote:
Does anyone remember those gadgets? I guess they're on Ebay - if you enter
the right search terms.

The brush has a a wide bit of tubing attached. Bottom of tube holds a
one-way valve. Dip tube in bucket of suds.

Shake up and down action "pumps" the suds uphill and into the soft brush.
Are they still made? TIA

http://mgrretail.com/WashMatik-Full-Kit

Appear on TV shopping channels occasionally, I tried one years ago and it
was next to useless.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Marland" wrote in message ...

Bertie Doe wrote:

Shake up and down action "pumps" the suds uphill and into the soft brush.
Are they still made? TIA

http://mgrretail.com/WashMatik-Full-Kit

Appear on TV shopping channels occasionally, I tried one years ago and it
was next to useless.

Yep, that's the one. I guess all the money went into Marketing and not the
product.

Pity, seemed like a good idea - no hosepipe, no electrics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Marland" wrote in message ...

Bertie Doe wrote:

Shake up and down action "pumps" the suds uphill and into the soft
brush.
Are they still made? TIA

http://mgrretail.com/WashMatik-Full-Kit

Appear on TV shopping channels occasionally, I tried one years ago and it
was next to useless.

Yep, that's the one. I guess all the money went into Marketing and not the
product.

Guess again. The problem isnt what the money is spent on.

Pity, seemed like a good idea - no hosepipe, no electrics.

Problem is that it wont work well no matter
how much money is spent on it. Its a dud idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:03:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yep, that's the one. I guess all the money went into Marketing and not the
product.

Guess again. The problem isnt what the money is spent on.

....and the abnormal auto-contradictor struck again! LOL

Pity, seemed like a good idea - no hosepipe, no electrics.

Problem is that it wont work well no matter
how much money is spent on it. It¢s a dud idea.

....and the abnormal senile auto-contradictor struck again! ****ing
hilarious! LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No No what?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
no no

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message news
Anyone remember the Ktel record vacuum.

I remember K-tel from the early tv ads. Interesting history on wiki :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-tel

Records, non-stick pans, veg slicers etc., and still going strong in
N.America, UK and Aussie.

I'm surprised they're still earning on their back record catalogues from the
50s to 70s. I thought there was a time limit on royalties?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message news
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:46:49 +0000, Bertie Doe wrote:

Does anyone remember those gadgets? I guess they're on Ebay - if you
enter the right search terms.

I suspect they were **** ? They certainly looked it.

Agreed, thanks Jethro, Rod and all. Clearly not designed for the job.

I've order one of those 8 litre capacity, hand-pumped low pressure washers.
They're on Ebay, sub £20, free postage and come with a soft brush and
separate spray lance.

Ok, there's plenty of plastic bits to break but I'll happily settle for 2 -
3 years useage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Quick quick no ?

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message: