DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   EICR insurance and customers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/624859-re-eicr-insurance-customers.html)

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 18 02:13 PM

EICR insurance and customers

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Oldest wiring I personally have seen still in place was in a hotels
basement where a short length of single bare wires laid in a wooden conduit
comprising two grooves moulded in it and a wooden lid placed on top.

GH

That does ring a bell - I think I saw that in one of my dad's old books
on engineering. I wasn't going to count that as the cables were
effectively enclosed.

I've seen singles in a wood conduit - two grooves with a lid - in a house
in Tooting. Not in use - just left under floorboards after a re-wire. But
IIRC the singles were insulated.

--
*Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled*

Dave Plowman London SW