Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dangerous copper clad aluminium stranded flex warning

http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.
--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

We did have BSI standards before everything was changed to
ENnnnnn CE marking, which were frequently the same thing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

Didn't seem *that* difficult under the EU regs, so what's your point?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2018 11:39, Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

Or lack of proberty.

I'm sure there is a ready market for this stuff in
Brazil for wiring up those instant shower heads that
are installed at scalp height in cheap doss houses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

What are you on about? We're already importing it.

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

What are you on about? We're already importing it.

But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

What are you on about? We're already importing it.

But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

That's earned you a KF for irrelevant wibbling

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

Quite the opposite. Given Turkish goods are free to enter the EU I would
say this is because of the EU rules and regulations that allow anyone to
manufacture in a developing EU country and pass it off as safe.

As soon as we have a border and importation becomes the responsibility
of a UK entity, things will become a lot safer.

Have you never come across the BSI and its standards? You seem to have
led a blinkered life believing all standards started with the EU?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

What are you on about? We're already importing it.

But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU. Brexit will mean a
UK entity will import items and become the manufacturer. It will have to
conform to the existing rules and regulations, and not be some rogue
company in a far off developing country that has the right to export
free of customs restrictions to the EU.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

Quite the opposite. Given Turkish goods are free to enter the EU I would
say this is because of the EU rules and regulations that allow anyone to
manufacture in a developing EU country and pass it off as safe.

As soon as we have a border and importation becomes the responsibility
of a UK entity, things will become a lot safer.

Have you never come across the BSI and its standards? You seem to have
led a blinkered life believing all standards started with the EU?

Ah - right. Are you saying that such cable doesn't conform to UK regs, but
is forced upon us by the EU?

BTW, the UK is free as part of the EU to impose tariffs on goods from
Turkey.

--
*Keep honking...I'm reloading.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

The topic is STANDARDS, not TARIFFS.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 November 2018 14:08:56 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

The Grenfell tower fire was down to EUSSR regulations

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

We did have BSI standards before everything was changed to
ENnnnnn CE marking, which were frequently the same thing.

we still have British Standards but, yes, the may have an EN number as well.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

After Brexit, yes.

Currently, NO. Turkey even has preferential arrangements as per, "1/2006
of the EC-Turkey Customs Co-operation Committee". Turkey is in effect
part of the Customs Union.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

The Grenfell tower fire was down to EUSSR regulations

Which ones were they?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

I have and seen documents regarding their preferential treatment.

Perhaps you should look harder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2018 17:48, Fredxx wrote:

Currently, NO. Turkey even has preferential arrangements as per, "1/2006
of the EC-Turkey Customs Co-operation Committee". Turkey is in effect
part of the Customs Union.

The fact that Turkey is, or is not, part of the EU is irrelevant. EU
regulations control imports into the UK, and the Westminster government
has no control over them.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/18 17:49, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

I have and seen documents regarding their preferential treatment.

Perhaps you should look harder.

Who would have guessed that a cable warning would go full BREXIT?

Silly Dave...

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

I have and seen documents regarding their preferential treatment.

Then perhaps you should read them.

Perhaps you should look harder.

Perhaps you should re think the freedom of choice you Brexiteers go on and
on about.

--
*WHERE DO FOREST RANGERS GO TO "GET AWAY FROM IT ALL?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 05/11/18 17:49, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

I have and seen documents regarding their preferential treatment.

Perhaps you should look harder.

Who would have guessed that a cable warning would go full BREXIT?

Silly Dave...

All about being able to buy the very cheapest ****e from anywhere in the
world. Surely this is a Brexiteer principle?

--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 05/11/2018 17:48, Fredxx wrote:

Currently, NO. Turkey even has preferential arrangements as per, "1/2006
of the EC-Turkey Customs Co-operation Committee". Turkey is in effect
part of the Customs Union.

The fact that Turkey is, or is not, part of the EU is irrelevant. EU
regulations control imports into the UK, and the Westminster government
has no control over them.

Not so, Andy. All the EU controls is any tariffs that may have to be
applied.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 05/11/18 17:49, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU.

There are times when you come across as arrogant as well as stupid.

Look up the terms under which Turkey trades with the EU and EU member
countries.

I have and seen documents regarding their preferential treatment.

Perhaps you should look harder.

Who would have guessed that a cable warning would go full BREXIT?

Silly Dave...

All about being able to buy the very cheapest ****e from anywhere in the
world. Surely this is a Brexiteer principle?

You definitely are in need of therapy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 10:53:28 UTC, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

Who would have guessed that a cable warning would go full BREXIT?

Silly Dave...

All about being able to buy the very cheapest ****e from anywhere in the
world. Surely this is a Brexiteer principle?

You definitely are in need of therapy.

It's either stupidity or trolling.

Aluminium clad ply Nick UK diy 1 April 25th 11 05:58 PM
Bimetalic domes (digression, explosive welding, copper clad cookware) William Wixon Metalworking 13 November 12th 09 05:14 AM
Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes? Harry Muscle Home Repair 173 February 16th 06 12:27 AM
Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes? Billy H Home Repair 4 February 5th 06 07:42 PM
Aluminum clad MC cable in a chase with copper pipe Paul Home Repair 1 March 10th 05 06:24 PM