DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washing machine door seal replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6230-washing-machine-door-seal-replacement.html)

Peter Watson February 18th 04 03:00 PM

Washing machine door seal replacement

I've got to replace the door seal on my Candy TC1000 Washer/Dryer (after
12 years I can't really complain!)

Any pointers on how to go about doing this? I've seen references to
fitting the new seal to the drum first and then the door?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Christian McArdle February 18th 04 04:46 PM

Washing machine door seal replacement

Any pointers on how to go about doing this? I've seen references to
fitting the new seal to the drum first and then the door?

There's a Haynes manual for washing machines, in case you ever get stuck.
Useful to have around if you intend to service your own.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q13022377

Christian.

Mathew J. Newton February 18th 04 08:55 PM

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
I've got to replace the door seal on my Candy TC1000 Washer/Dryer (after
12 years I can't really complain!)

Any pointers on how to go about doing this? I've seen references to
fitting the new seal to the drum first and then the door?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

There's some good info in the FAQ... ..which I take it you checked first but
must've missed right? ;-)

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/pl...3.html#washing

Mat

Peter Watson February 18th 04 09:25 PM

Washing machine door seal replacement

In article ,
says...

There's some good info in the FAQ... ..which I take it you checked first but
must've missed right? ;-)

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/pl...3.html#washing

Thanks Mat, believe it or not I did look at the FAQ first but I didn't
spot Washing Machine Leaks in the plumbing index.

Doh!

Peter