DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Power Shower Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/622-power-shower-problem.html)

Fredrick Skoog July 26th 03 01:29 PM

Power Shower Problem

Hi All,

The pump on my power shower is playing up and I was looking for some advice.
What happens is that after about 10-15 minutes use (or two successive
showers say) the flow suddenly goes very hot, loses all pressure and then
stops altogether. The pump seems to have died but then starts to 'twitch'
every five seconds or so, which continues even after the tap has been set
back to off. The only way to stop it twitching is to turn it off at the
plug.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

BigWallop July 26th 03 05:41 PM

Power Shower Problem

"Fredrick Skoog" wrote in message
Hi All,

The pump on my power shower is playing up and I was looking for some

advice.
What happens is that after about 10-15 minutes use (or two successive
showers say) the flow suddenly goes very hot, loses all pressure and then
stops altogether. The pump seems to have died but then starts to 'twitch'
every five seconds or so, which continues even after the tap has been set
back to off. The only way to stop it twitching is to turn it off at the
plug.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Water leaking slowly into the motor, or the cold water supplying the pump
has dried up.

Harv July 28th 03 10:35 AM

Power Shower Problem

The pump on my power shower is playing up and I was looking for some

advice.
What happens is that after about 10-15 minutes use (or two successive
showers say) the flow suddenly goes very hot, loses all pressure and then
stops altogether. The pump seems to have died but then starts to 'twitch'
every five seconds or so, which continues even after the tap has been set
back to off. The only way to stop it twitching is to turn it off at the
plug.

I would check the header tank, as it sounds to me as though it is emptying.

Mine gives the same symptoms when two showers are taken succesively, may I
suggest allowing the tank to refill between showers?

Harv

John Stumbles August 3rd 03 11:37 PM

Power Shower Problem

"Harv" wrote in message

[...]

Cheers Harv,

I can see why the pump would suddenly 'die' if the tank was emptying but

why
would it twitch?

Maybe air getting into the system (creating an oscillation driven by the
pump compressing a bubble of air)?

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Harv August 4th 03 09:11 AM

Power Shower Problem

I would check the header tank, as it sounds to me as though it is
emptying.

Mine gives the same symptoms when two showers are taken succesively, may

suggest allowing the tank to refill between showers?

I can see why the pump would suddenly 'die' if the tank was emptying but

why
would it twitch?

It "twitches" because as the incoming water goes into the header tank, and
enough goes down into the pump for it to push some through.

Harv

Fredrick Skoog August 4th 03 09:52 PM

Power Shower Problem

"Harv" wrote in message
I would check the header tank, as it sounds to me as though it is

emptying.

Mine gives the same symptoms when two showers are taken succesively,

may
suggest allowing the tank to refill between showers?

I can see why the pump would suddenly 'die' if the tank was emptying but

why
would it twitch?

It "twitches" because as the incoming water goes into the header tank, and
enough goes down into the pump for it to push some through.

Harv

Would that happen even after the shower has been switched off, which should
turn the pump off as well?