DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One for those with a chemical bent. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/621069-re-one-those-chemical-bent.html)

FMurtz October 9th 18 02:30 PM

One for those with a chemical bent.

newshound wrote:
On 09/10/2018 12:38, FMurtz wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 09/10/2018 10:00, FMurtz wrote:
I DIY.ed my first batch of Castile soap, (1.5 litres) but I used an
old Bamix blender not thinking ahead. The Bamix blender stalk is
made of aluminium, the soap is made of olive oil and sodium
hydroxide so I have ended up with soap containing maybe an amount of
Sodium aluminate.
I am wondering how much, and the danger of using it (seems a pity to
waste 1.5 litres of oil at today's prices.

My only question is why?

Because there may not be any reason to discard it.

No, I meant why make your own soap.

Because I can, it is so easy,and am a Mean miserable so and so. :)