Old September 16th 18, 08:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideas wanted: cheap shed wall

I need to replace some asbestos-cement cladding on one side of a large
shed that's currently used as a wood shed. The wall is about 12m long
and 2.6m high and can only be seen from the neighbouring farmyard (and
not from my property). It needs to be cheap and preferably at least part
of it needs to be translucent or transparent.
Ideas so far have included:
polycarb twinwall,
PVC corrugated,
GRP corrugated,
wood (shiplap, weatherboard, etc.)

.... but I'd prefer to find something cheaper. What should I investigate?

Old September 16th 18, 08:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is online now

On 16/09/2018 20:22, wrote:

.... but I'd prefer to find something cheaper. What should I investigate?

Dig up some mud. Add a bit of straw. Make bricks. Draw something rude on
the finished wall, so the farmer paints it for you.

Cheap enough?

Old September 16th 18, 08:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 20:22:47 UTC+1, wrote:

I need to replace some asbestos-cement cladding on one side of a large
shed that's currently used as a wood shed. The wall is about 12m long
and 2.6m high and can only be seen from the neighbouring farmyard (and
not from my property). It needs to be cheap and preferably at least part
of it needs to be translucent or transparent.
Ideas so far have included:
polycarb twinwall,
PVC corrugated,
GRP corrugated,
wood (shiplap, weatherboard, etc.)

... but I'd prefer to find something cheaper. What should I investigate?

the local auctions.

NT
Old September 16th 18, 08:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 20:22:47 UTC+1, wrote:
What should I investigate?

Two sheets of second-hand holey corrugated iron, with overlapped fertiliser bags between the layers.

Owain

Old September 17th 18, 07:01 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 16 September 2018 20:22:47 UTC+1, wrote:
What should I investigate?

Two sheets of second-hand holey corrugated iron, with overlapped fertiliser bags between the layers.

Owain

You've done this before! :-)
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----