Old September 16th 18, 08:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default USB flexible cameras

I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

Old September 16th 18, 08:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/09/2018 20:04, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

Lidl 40 quid not USB.

Is that a current offer?

Old September 16th 18, 08:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

Lidl 40 quid not USB.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old September 16th 18, 08:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 20:02:28 UTC+1, GB wrote:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

fwiw a small lens would change the focal field.
Old September 16th 18, 11:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GB
writes
On 16/09/2018 20:04, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

Lidl 40 quid not USB.

Is that a current offer?

I can't suggest any current offering, but I have two of these cameras.
One has lights (get quite hot) at the camera end and is hopeless.

The good one has a camera that is at right angles to the gooseneck tube
and has a focus ring. I think this came from Lidl ages and ages ago.
I've used this to provide a temporary camera pointing at the tow hitch ,
with the usb cable running along the guttering of the car (Disco at the
time), and it made hitching up various fishing and pleasure boats a
single-handed doddle.
Other uses include photographing the inside of a guitar prior to
replacing the bridge and checking odd places under furniture etc.

The only real difficulty with the Lidl one is that it doesn't have any
inbuilt lights, and this made the guitar, in particular, a bit of a
challenge finding a torch to fit and provide the right illumination.
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Old September 17th 18, 07:01 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
On 16/09/2018 20:04, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too
expensive.

Lidl 40 quid not USB.

Is that a current offer?

They come around regularly enough.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old September 17th 18, 09:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

The issue with depth of focus is due to the low light level. to be small
enough any leds that illuminate the scene are going to be very weedy.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...