Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remove Arrone door handle

Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)? I've
removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just
slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any
advice greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mark
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Manning m wrote

Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?
I've removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the
handle to just slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying,
I've given up! Any advice greatly appreciated.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Presumably its just tight on the shaft.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/18 02:14, Mark Manning wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?Â* I've
removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just
slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any
advice greatly appreciated.Â*Â* Cheers, Mark
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Undo the screws holding the plate to the door. The grub screws are
merely to stop the bar moving out of contact with the handles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Manning wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?Â* I've
removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just
slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any
advice greatly appreciated.Â*Â* Cheers, Mark
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Bash it with a hammer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
On 20/08/18 02:14, Mark Manning wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?Â* I've
removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just
slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any
advice greatly appreciated.Â*Â* Cheers, Mark
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Undo the screws holding the plate to the door. The grub screws are
merely to stop the bar moving out of contact with the handles.

The screws are concealed under the circular plate at the base of the
handle. You just twist it off to reveal the screws underneath.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2018 02:14, Mark Manning wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?Â* I've
removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just
slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any
advice greatly appreciated.Â*Â* Cheers, Mark
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

You tube is your friend - instructional video at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSC3drM3dE

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As Tim+ said try unscrewing the round cover plate, on cheaper types the plate may just be sprung on so if it will not unscrew look for a small notch in the edge of the plate usually at the bottom and use a straight bladed screwdriver to prise it off.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 13:26:57 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?
I've removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the
handle to just slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying,
I've given up! Any advice greatly appreciated.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

Presumably its just tight on the shaft.

So you don't know. Why can't you just say so, Mr Know-it-all?

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to alan_m, Mark Manning wrote:
Thanks Alan,

Tried that, but no luck I'm afraid. You'll see in that video, the handles
slides easily off the center, square shaft. This is the problem I have, the
handle is super tight on the shaft, and won't slide off. Might need a bigger
hammer!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1309428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to FMurtz, Mark Manning wrote:
Tried that mate - the handle is seriously tight on the shaft. Bigger hammer
time, or hacksaw time!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1309428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Tim+, Mark Manning wrote:
Cheers Tim. Had already tried loosing the screws that hold the bsckplate on -
no luck there. The shaft runs through the center and both handles are super
tight on the shaft, so the backplates can only move so far...I do wonder if
someone glued them on?!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1309428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Richard, Mark Manning wrote:
Thanks Richard. Tried that, but the handles prevent the backplates from being
removed, and the handle is super tight on the shaft, so the challenge is how
to get the actual handle off the square shaft.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1309428-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Manning m wrote
Tim+ wrote

Cheers Tim. Had already tried loosing the screws that hold the bsckplate
on -
no luck there. The shaft runs through the center and both handles are
super
tight on the shaft, so the backplates can only move so far...I do wonder
if
someone glued them on?!

Yeah, its certainly possible some fool did that.

Whets the history of that door and handle ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Manning m wrote

Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)?
I've removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the
handle to just slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying,
I've given up! Any advice greatly appreciated.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fw
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fx

From the second photo with the cover off the door plate with screws,
it looks like you might well be able to tap a flat bladed screwdriver
into the gap between the end of the round part of the handle with
the grub screw hole in it and get some leverage involved to get the
handle to move on the square shaft it slides on. Do that in a number
of places around the round part of the handle. That might well even
break the glue if some fool has glued the handle on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2018 19:14, Mark Manning wrote:
replying to alan_m, Mark Manning wrote:
Thanks Alan,

Tried that, but no luck I'm afraid.Â* You'll see in that video, the handles
slides easily off the center, square shaft.Â* This is the problem I have,
the
handle is super tight on the shaft, and won't slide off.Â* Might need a
bigger
hammer!

Have you tried taking the handle off on the other side?

You indicate that maybe you cannot get the screws out

Cranked screwdriver
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Offset-Angl.../dp/B00EJKA5ZW

Or ratchet drive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Offs...t+with+ratchet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 04:26:18 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Cheers Tim. Had already tried loosing the screws that hold the bsckplate
on -
no luck there. The shaft runs through the center and both handles are
super
tight on the shaft, so the backplates can only move so far...I do wonder
if
someone glued them on?!

Yeah, its certainly possible some fool did that.

Whets the history of that door and handle ?

It's certainly not as old as you, you endlessly driveling senile cretin!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 20/08/2018 19:14, Mark Manning wrote:
replying to alan_m, Mark Manning wrote:
Thanks Alan,

Tried that, but no luck I'm afraid. You'll see in that video, the
handles
slides easily off the center, square shaft. This is the problem I have,
the
handle is super tight on the shaft, and won't slide off. Might need a
bigger
hammer!

Have you tried taking the handle off on the other side?

You indicate that maybe you cannot get the screws out

Cranked screwdriver
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Offset-Angl.../dp/B00EJKA5ZW

Or ratchet drive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Offs...t+with+ratchet

But the youtube video suggest that the handle still has to slide
off the square section that slides into it to get the handle off.
Hard to see what else the grub screw is there for except to
hold the handle on the square section it slides onto.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 04:35:47 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

From the second photo with the cover off the door plate with screws,
it looks like you might well be able to tap a flat bladed screwdriver
into the gap between the end of the round part of the handle with
the grub screw hole in it and get some leverage involved to get the
handle to move on the square shaft it slides on. Do that in a number
of places around the round part of the handle. That might well even
break the glue if some fool has glued the handle on.

What if the glue sticks even firmer than you, you sticky Ozzie pest?

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 05:10:34 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

But the youtube video suggest that

I suggest you stop pestering these groups with your senile presence finally,
Rot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.