Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default handle missing

I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar is 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suit ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick Wrote in message:
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar is 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suit ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles

Bit of hosepipe and duct tape would do the job I reckon.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 12:10, rick wrote:
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar isÂ*Â* 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suitÂ* ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles

A few layers of shrink wrap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 12:10, rick wrote:
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar isÂ*Â* 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suitÂ* ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles

Just been using an identical one today. One or two layers of bubble wrap
(for flexibility) bound around with PVC electrical tape.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 14:05, newshound wrote:

Just been using an identical one today. One or two layers of bubble wrap
(for flexibility) bound around with PVC electrical tape.

Self amalgamating tape.
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/self_amalg.htm

See section on cycling on that page

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bit of hosepipe and duct tape would do the job I reckon.

Tim

Hosepipe is to large a diam, 22MM Hep20 also too large .... been
looking all over my garage for something to fit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 13:42, dennis@home wrote:

A few layers of shrink wrap.

Did think of that .. have stuff too large and too small - typical.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 17:22, alan_m wrote:
On 14/08/2018 14:05, newshound wrote:

Just been using an identical one today. One or two layers of bubble
wrap (for flexibility) bound around with PVC electrical tape.

Self amalgamating tape.
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/self_amalg.htm

See section on cycling on that page

I do have a roll of that somewhere .. may have gone off by now, time to look
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick Wrote in message:

Bit of hosepipe and duct tape would do the job I reckon.

Tim

Hosepipe is to large a diam, 22MM Hep20 also too large .... been
looking all over my garage for something to fit

Um, standard hosepipe is nearer 13-15mm internal diameter
(depending on wall thickness).

I would have thought that a bit of the thin walled (cheap) stuff
heated in hot water and lubricated would have slipped over a
16.5mm handle.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 19:03, Tim+ wrote:
rick Wrote in message:

Bit of hosepipe and duct tape would do the job I reckon.

Tim

Hosepipe is to large a diam, 22MM Hep20 also too large .... been
looking all over my garage for something to fit

Um, standard hosepipe is nearer 13-15mm internal diameter
(depending on wall thickness).

I would have thought that a bit of the thin walled (cheap) stuff
heated in hot water and lubricated would have slipped over a
16.5mm handle.

Tim

My yellow reinforced hose is too loose a fit - I tried it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick wrote:

My yellow reinforced hose is too loose a fit - I tried it.

A few wraps of insulating tape to make it tight enough?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick wrote:
On 14/08/2018 19:03, Tim+ wrote:
rick Wrote in message:

Bit of hosepipe and duct tape would do the job I reckon.

Tim

Hosepipe is to large a diam, 22MM Hep20 also too large .... been
looking all over my garage for something to fit

Um, standard hosepipe is nearer 13-15mm internal diameter
(depending on wall thickness).

I would have thought that a bit of the thin walled (cheap) stuff
heated in hot water and lubricated would have slipped over a
16.5mm handle.

Tim

My yellow reinforced hose is too loose a fit - I tried it.

You must have the wide-bore stuff. This is where the duct tape comes in.
;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
rick writes:
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar is 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suit ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles

A piece of thin walled pipe insulation.

A bicycle handlebar grip with the closed end cut off.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2018 12:10, rick wrote:
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack)
There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of
the metal arm ...... but it has been lost.

The bar isÂ*Â* 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial 11/16" tube)

Tried looking on line, cant find any push on handle to suitÂ* ....
anybody any suggestions where I can get one (or what to make one of)

Obviously I could take a piece of wood dowel and drill it ... but
rubber/plastic grip would be better.

Handle shown here in vertical position ... https://tinyurl.com/y8ozc5cs
I have tried several retailers - none stock spare handles

end result was as per suggestion .... 3 layers of heat shrink.