Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default The holiday has got off to a good start

Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/18 08:48, ARW wrote:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

Where to, so I can follow the mishaps?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/08/2018 08:53, Richard wrote:
On 12/08/18 08:48, ARW wrote:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was
about to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

Where to, so I can follow the mishaps?

East coast N Yorks.

Door now screwed up ie a couple of lengths of CLS screwed to it keep it
closed.

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 08:48, ARW wrote:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

Rule C17: never, ever let the cat see you pack - it triggers the
perversity response.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 09:33:26 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

Couldn't you have left it there as that seems to be how many people
get infected with cats in the first place (and cheaper than a
cattery)? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/18 08:48, ARW wrote:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was
about to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

Where to, so I can follow the mishaps?

East coast N Yorks.

Door now screwed up ie a couple of lengths of CLS screwed to it keep it
closed.

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of
course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 09:55, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 09:33:26 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

Couldn't you have left it there as that seems to be how many people
get infected with cats in the first place (and cheaper than a
cattery)? ;-)

The cat would probably be happier too.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam

The very *first* step of preparing to leave on holiday if you're a
cat owner should be "Where's the f*cking cat?" ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Filey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BTW Brid is not N Yorks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 12:10:31 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 12/08/2018 09:55, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 09:33:26 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

Couldn't you have left it there as that seems to be how many people
get infected with cats in the first place (and cheaper than a
cattery)? ;-)

The cat would probably be happier too.

Quite, owner whores that they are. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:59:14 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Tim+
wrote:

ARW Wrote in message:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam

The very *first* step of preparing to leave on holiday if you're a
cat owner should be "Where's the f*cking cat?" ;-)

As a dog owner you don't generally have to worry about such things as
the dog will be in the car as soon as they get wind that you might be
going out in it! ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 11:59, Tim+ wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam

The very *first* step of preparing to leave on holiday if you're a
cat owner should be "Where's the f*cking cat?" ;-)

Tim

Nah. We just have a cat flap so they can come and go as they please
while we are away and we get my parents to come round to feed them and
give them a bit of a fuss each day. The only checks are that that they
haven't got into a room that will be left closed or locked and haven't
decided the investigate in the car while it is open for packing! So more
a case of "Where aren't the f*cking cats?"

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of
course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course)
Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of year,
so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate supply of
condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of
course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course)
Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of
year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate
supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite nice.
However:
The fish and chips was not too wonderful and the little figures of the bloke
with the teeth who landed there did not impress me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 15:34, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of
course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course)
Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of
year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate
supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite nice.

Everyone's standards are relative :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 13:25, wrote:
Filey.

Plenty of cat houses in Filey

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want
of course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course)
Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of
year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate
supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite
nice.

Everyone's standards are relative :-)

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Brighton?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Brighton?

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive.
Full of poofters. I have no problem with gay people.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 08:45:16 -0700, arwadsworth2020 wrote:

Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to
do.

Wow! You must have a hell of a scoring rate if it's cheaper for you to
buy an actual machine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 16:54:08 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Brighton?

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive. Full of poofters. I
have no problem with gay people.

I recall going to Brighton via the A23 back in the late 60s. There are
two large pillars on each side of the road (I think they're still there)
where the boundary is. Some wag had taken a red spray paint can and
scrawled in big letters, "Welcome to Dog****-by-Sea" on the right hand
pillar. Even from 50 years ago I remember how apposite that was. And it's
only got worse since.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want
of course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course)
Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of
year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate
supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite
nice.

Everyone's standards are relative :-)

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

You passed through sometime?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Brighton?

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive. Full of poofters. I
have no problem with gay people.

I recall going to Brighton via the A23 back in the late 60s. There are
two large pillars on each side of the road (I think they're still
there) where the boundary is. Some wag had taken a red spray paint
can and scrawled in big letters, "Welcome to Dog****-by-Sea" on the
right hand pillar. Even from 50 years ago I remember how apposite
that was. And it's only got worse since.

I think that my last visits were in 2001 - 2002.
Ever tried Blackpool?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks.
Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you
want of course.

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of
course) Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at
this time of year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with
an adequate supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case
they fail.)

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite
nice.

Everyone's standards are relative :-)

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

You passed through sometime?

Too many times.
Now, **** off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

Brighton?

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive. Full of poofters. I
have no problem with gay people.

I recall going to Brighton via the A23 back in the late 60s. There are
two large pillars on each side of the road (I think they're still
there) where the boundary is. Some wag had taken a red spray paint
can and scrawled in big letters, "Welcome to Dog****-by-Sea" on the
right hand pillar. Even from 50 years ago I remember how apposite
that was. And it's only got worse since.

I think that my last visits were in 2001 - 2002.
Ever tried Blackpool?

Morecambe has got to be the real pits - worse than Blackpool. Out of season,
it becomes dead (most shops closed) along the seafront, and a mecca for
teenagers and stag/hen parties a couple of streets inland.

Scarborough and Whitby, which we know well in all seasons, still retain some
life (even if it's slightly tacky around the amusement arcades) out of
tourist season.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
On 12/08/18 15:57, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Beats the living daylights out of the Great ******** Of The South.

You passed through sometime?

Too many times.

I think you may have missed Richard's point about what it makes you if you
pass through a ********..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 17:37, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 08:45:16 -0700, arwadsworth2020 wrote:

Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to
do.

Wow! You must have a hell of a scoring rate if it's cheaper for you to
buy an actual machine.

It could be for the Scout Hut. Is the motto still "be prepared"?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
[...]

As a contractor I used to work Morecambe and it was not too good. Its a toss
up between Bleakpool and Morecambe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brings back memories of when my parents were alive. Nothing ever goes wrong
till you need it to go right.

I take it you have no cat friendly neighbours. Cats are far happier in their
own territory.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about to
take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Robin" wrote in message
On 12/08/2018 17:37, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 08:45:16 -0700, arwadsworth2020 wrote:

Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to
do.

Wow! You must have a hell of a scoring rate if it's cheaper for you to
buy an actual machine.

It could be for the Scout Hut. Is the motto still "be prepared"?

If you're looking for adventure of a
New and different kind
And you come across a Girl Scout who is
Similarly inclined
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared
Be prepared!

Tom Lehrer: "Be Prepared"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Brings back memories of when my parents were alive. Nothing ever goes
wrong till you need it to go right.

I take it you have no cat friendly neighbours.

He must have given that Toby was found dozing on their couch.

Cats are far happier in their own territory.

Dogs in spades. I could never get mine back into any kennel that
had ever had him once, drove everyone mad howling for me.

He was fine left at home with someone coming in to check that
he was doing fine daily.

"ARW" wrote in message
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat ****ed off just as I was about
to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 12 August 2018 16:45:19 UTC+1, wrote:
Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to do.

I thought they were usually rented, or on loan or commission from a machine operator.

I wonder if 3D printers would be able to do made-to-measure.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2018 19:49, NY wrote:
"Robin" wrote in message

It could be for the Scout Hut.Â* Is the motto still "be prepared"?

If you're looking for adventure of a
New and different kind
And you come across a Girl Scout who is
Similarly inclined
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared
Be prepared!

Tom Lehrer: "Be Prepared"

There used to be a cartoon captioned:

"Boy scouts... girl guides..."

But I can't find it.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:17:55 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I think that my last visits were in 2001 - 2002.
Ever tried Blackpool?

Er, no. Anyway, I've heard it's full of druggies which is a bit of a deal-
breaker. Out of druggies and slappers, I'll take slappers any day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:51:27 +0100, NY wrote:

I think you may have missed Richard's point about what it makes you if
you pass through a ********..

A Saltdean to Hove commuter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
writes

Oh ****. My neighbours have just gone there. Must ring and warn them.

Door now screwed up ie a couple of lengths of CLS screwed to it keep it
closed.

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

--
bert