DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Overheating extractor fan (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/615897-re-overheating-extractor-fan.html)

John S[_6_] July 30th 18 01:14 PM

Overheating extractor fan

replying to Pete C, John S wrote:
On my third Manrose fan after two resistor burnouts. Where can I get a safe
higher wattage resistor? Will drilling some holes
in the circuit board box help to keep it cool?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...fan-94390-.htm

[email protected] July 30th 18 06:44 PM

Overheating extractor fan

On Monday, 30 July 2018 13:14:06 UTC+1, John S wrote:
replying to Pete C, John S wrote:
On my third Manrose fan after two resistor burnouts. Where can I get a safe
higher wattage resistor?

rapidonline.com

Will drilling some holes
in the circuit board box help to keep it cool?

yes. But the holes may clog with dust in time, losing the benefit.

NT

Brian Gaff July 30th 18 07:18 PM

Overheating extractor fan

The question is, what is there a resistor in it for in the first place?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...