DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/615844-what-difference-48-hours-makes-loft-temperature.html)

Andrew[_22_] July 29th 18 03:20 PM

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature

3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

Jim GM4DHJ ... July 29th 18 03:25 PM

"Andrew" wrote in message
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

staying in a static caravan was intollerable....now it is a bit cold .....

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] July 29th 18 04:26 PM

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature

Andrew has brought this to us :
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

An insulated roof makes a loft more tolerable.

Andrew[_22_] July 29th 18 05:17 PM

On 29/07/2018 16:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Andrew has brought this to us :
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday* = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

An insulated roof makes a loft more tolerable.

Not when the insulation is above the ceiling and not under the
roofing 'felt' :-(

harry July 29th 18 05:29 PM

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 15:20:23 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

What a difference solar panels on the roof make too!

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] July 29th 18 05:39 PM

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 09:29:19 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 15:20:23 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

What a difference solar panels on the roof make too!

Have you tried them in the cellar ?

AB

Jim[_48_] July 29th 18 06:25 PM

harry wrote:

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 15:20:23 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

But hot weather will be back by next Friday, so maybe
a brief interlude to fix that dripping ballcock in the
loft ?.

What a difference solar panels on the roof make too!

I hadn't thought of that. I've been wondering if panels on the West
side of my house, where my bedroom is, would be enough to power an
aircon unit for said bedroom, but hadn't figured on the additional heat
shelter provided by the panels themselves.

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] July 29th 18 09:53 PM

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature

Andrew pretended :
Not when the insulation is above the ceiling and not under the
roofing 'felt' :-(

We have no felt, just three layers of tiles. I insulated between
rafters/ under tiles. Between tiles and plasterboard. It made an
incredible difference to the heat up there in the summer sun.

Bob Martin July 30th 18 07:58 AM

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature

in 1713508 20180729 152020 Andrew wrote:
3 PM Friday = 44.5 centigrade
3PM Sunday = 21.5 centigrade.

Where was that? (and it's called Celsius now)