Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Airbags at Lidl

Lidl have packs of two airbags like WinBags

https://www.tradecounterdirect.com/s...iAAEgLop_D_BwE

They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much better if you want to deflate the bag slowly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:

They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can
control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much
better if you want to deflate the bag slowly.

Good price, not that I found any issue with the bulb/button arrangement
for inflating/deflating winbags
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2018 20:25, Andy Burns wrote:
Murmansk wrote:

They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can
control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much
better if you want to deflate the bag slowly.

Good price, not that I found any issue with the bulb/button arrangement
for inflating/deflating winbags

Not that good a price:

https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+hand-t...utlands+dk7082

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

They are £7 or 8 for two

Good price

Not that good a price

I meant the lidl price, not the tradecounter price ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Who knew air could be so useful.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
o.uk...
Murmansk wrote:

They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can
control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much
better if you want to deflate the bag slowly.

Good price, not that I found any issue with the bulb/button arrangement
for inflating/deflating winbags

Not that good a price:

https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+hand-t...utlands+dk7082

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2018 20:09, Murmansk wrote:
Lidl have packs of two airbags like WinBags

https://www.tradecounterdirect.com/s...iAAEgLop_D_BwE

They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much better if you want to deflate the bag slowly.

Bought some in my Lidl a couple of months ago. Wonder if I will ever use
them though. Or if I will remember where I put them when I think of a use.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've found them very useful for lifting washing machines and freezers up to adjust their legs. I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window frames, if you have a few of them (the bags that is).

I've also found them useful for lifting heavy doors up so you can get the hinge in line with the screw holes and I had a baby gate that needed taking apart and an airbag was the only way I could exert enough force on it without damaging it.

One day I might find a child with their head stuck in some railings and they'd be useful then too!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:

I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window frames

That's what I bought mine for, replaced all doors and windows
single-handed using them (apart from a lift into place with the largest
one).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2018 16:03, Murmansk wrote:
I've found them very useful for lifting washing machines and freezers up to adjust their legs. I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window frames, if you have a few of them (the bags that is).

I've also found them useful for lifting heavy doors up so you can get the hinge in line with the screw holes and I had a baby gate that needed taking apart and an airbag was the only way I could exert enough force on it without damaging it.

Both useful tips, must try to remember them. I knew about the use on
window frames but don't have any plans to do this ever!

One day I might find a child with their head stuck in some railings and they'd be useful then too!

Don't think the little lidl ones would be strong enough for that.
However I kept a couple of scissor jacks out of scrapped cars, they have
come out of storage occasionally to jack up a joist.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2018 16:03, Murmansk wrote:
I've found them very useful for lifting washing machines and freezers up to adjust their legs. I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window frames, if you have a few of them (the bags that is).

I've also found them useful for lifting heavy doors up so you can get the hinge in line with the screw holes and I had a baby gate that needed taking apart and an airbag was the only way I could exert enough force on it without damaging it.

I find them handy for various wood working applications where you need a
spreader clamp (can be augmented with a length of wood for more reach)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Murmansk wrote:

I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window
frames

That's what I bought mine for, replaced all doors and windows
single-handed using them (apart from a lift into place with the largest
one).

Think I saw some in Aldi,did not buy, now am kicking myself.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Murmansk, John Robinson wrote:
https://www.tradecounterdirect.com/s...rlock-flight-p

romotion/new-winbag-air-wedge-offer-buy_type.html?gclid�IaIQobChMI_IKG6
_vn2wIVSLTtCh00GgZYEAAYAiAAEgLop_D_BwE
I wouldn't say better than Winbag, who conceived the product and have a robust
and tested product.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1295840-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 December 2018 21:44:04 UTC, John Robinson wrote:
replying to Murmansk, John Robinson wrote:
https://www.tradecounterdirect.com/s...rlock-flight-p

romotion/new-winbag-air-wedge-offer-buy_type.html?gclid�IaIQobChMI_IKG6
_vn2wIVSLTtCh00GgZYEAAYAiAAEgLop_D_BwE
I wouldn't say better than Winbag, who conceived the product and have a robust
and tested product.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1295840-.htm

I think the Lidl ones are better than Winbags because on the Lidl ones you turn a turn a knob to release some air, on the Winbag you press a button - the former gives much finer control than the latter - just like on an old fashioned hospital sphygmomanometer (blood pressure machine).

Lidl Drill Mitch UK diy 1 January 7th 13 07:30 PM
Lidl by Lidl The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 January 8th 09 04:25 PM
Lidl tools Michael Mcneil UK diy 87 July 14th 04 10:00 PM
cheap bench vice in lidl at the moment SimonP UK diy 2 June 24th 04 11:40 AM
airbags Andrey Electronics Repair 91 February 29th 04 11:48 AM