Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Money worries

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 08:09:02 +0100, Indy Jess John wrote:

And when I turned the petrol pump back on at the bottom of the hill,
there was no BANG.

There wouldn't be a bang without any juice left in it. I used to do it
*with* the petrol on down Mt. Pleasant in Tunbridge Wells when I was a
callow youth of 20; got a really *loud* report towards the bottom when I
switched the ign back on. One day I did this in a 3.8 Jag and blew the
silencer box wide open. I didn't do it any more after that. Still, it was
fun while it lasted. One bloke I'd sized-up waiting at the road side to
cross managed to jump backwards up an 10" curb he was so alarmed (and
that was the one that blew the silencer).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 17:24:59 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

snip

One bloke I'd sized-up waiting at the road side to
cross managed to jump backwards up an 10" curb he was so alarmed

snip

A mate used to do that to girls but just by blipping the throttle on
his Gixxer as he was about to pass them.

I was following him once and saw a couple collapse in fits of
laughter, like yours, after they jumped 10". ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:18:40 +0100, T i m wrote:

A mate used to do that to girls but just by blipping the throttle on his
Gixxer as he was about to pass them.

I was following him once and saw a couple collapse in fits of laughter,
like yours, after they jumped 10". ;-)

I didn't worry about the throttle.

I had a Honda CB72, and managed to fit a pair of Maserati air horns to it.

That worked very well. One pair jumped *into* the road, though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Jun 2018 21:31:49 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:18:40 +0100, T i m wrote:

A mate used to do that to girls but just by blipping the throttle on his
Gixxer as he was about to pass them.

I was following him once and saw a couple collapse in fits of laughter,
like yours, after they jumped 10". ;-)

I didn't worry about the throttle.

I had a Honda CB72,

That was going back a bit. A predecessor to my CB250 Nighthawk.

and managed to fit a pair of Maserati air horns to it.

Hehe.

That worked very well.

I bet!

One pair jumped *into* the road, though.

Ooops. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:53:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

I had a Honda CB72,

That was going back a bit. A predecessor to my CB250 Nighthawk.

I bought it in 1967. Kept it for about 6 years, but had a car for the
last 3.

I pretty well stripped it down and rebuilt it, engine included.