DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fathers day and a bit of DIY (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/613031-fathers-day-bit-diy.html)

ARW June 17th 18 07:09 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

So I went round to my parents and gave him the present my mother bought
and the card that my gf bought and he asked me "Did you write the card
yourself?"

I certainty did write it myself and told him so. I also asked him what
my Mum had bought him (never seen it as it was at their house).

I was then told not to bother with cards any more as that card cost the
same as a pint of beer and he would prefer a pint of beer.

I then wired up their new boiler and weather compensator.

The final job was to seal off their old washing mashing trap.

Tight to get to behind some kitchen units

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:PROBLEM.jpg

but I think I have fixed it

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...BLEMSOLVED.jpg

I blocked the pipe with newspaper and then filled it with silicone.

Any problems with that? I would say job done.

--
Adam

Cursitor Doom[_4_] June 17th 18 07:56 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 19:09:55 +0100, ARW wrote:

I blocked the pipe with newspaper and then filled it with silicone.

Any problems with that? I would say job done.

Argh! You should have stuffed some chicken wire in along with the
newspaper; that's what a pro would have done.

Jim K[_3_] June 17th 18 08:01 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

ARW Wrote in message:
So I went round to my parents and gave him the present my mother bought
and the card that my gf bought and he asked me "Did you write the card
yourself?"

I certainty did write it myself and told him so. I also asked him what
my Mum had bought him (never seen it as it was at their house).

I was then told not to bother with cards any more as that card cost the
same as a pint of beer and he would prefer a pint of beer.

I then wired up their new boiler and weather compensator.

The final job was to seal off their old washing mashing trap.

Tight to get to behind some kitchen units

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:PROBLEM.jpg

but I think I have fixed it

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...BLEMSOLVED.jpg

I blocked the pipe with newspaper and then filled it with silicone.

Any problems with that? I would say job done.

You sure they're not pics of you knobbing the gf?
Jim K

[email protected] June 17th 18 08:31 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

On Sunday, 17 June 2018 19:09:56 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
So I went round to my parents and gave him the present my mother bought
and the card that my gf bought and he asked me "Did you write the card
yourself?"

I certainty did write it myself and told him so. I also asked him what
my Mum had bought him (never seen it as it was at their house).

I was then told not to bother with cards any more as that card cost the
same as a pint of beer and he would prefer a pint of beer.

I then wired up their new boiler and weather compensator.

The final job was to seal off their old washing mashing trap.

Tight to get to behind some kitchen units

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:PROBLEM.jpg

but I think I have fixed it

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...BLEMSOLVED.jpg

I blocked the pipe with newspaper and then filled it with silicone.

Any problems with that? I would say job done.

Looks sealed to me. There's sod all pressure on waste pipes. I'd have wiped the inside of the pipe clean to ensure the silicone sticks, but it probably still will.

NT

ARW June 17th 18 09:12 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

On 17/06/2018 19:55, Jim K wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
[...]

They saw enough of that after my cousins wedding in the 90's.

Should have used a new tape in the camcorder IMHO and then the first 20
minutes of wedding footage would not have been me knobbing my gf.

--
Adam

T i m June 17th 18 09:31 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 19:09:55 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

I was then told not to bother with cards any more as that card cost the
same as a pint of beer and he would prefer a pint of beer.

And they were absolutely right. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Not sent anyone a card for anything in *years* (although I'm
often thanked for cards we apparently sent)? ;-)

Rod Speed June 17th 18 09:49 PM

Fathers day and a bit of DIY

"ARW" wrote in message
So I went round to my parents and gave him the present my mother bought
and the card that my gf bought and he asked me "Did you write the card
yourself?"

I certainty did write it myself and told him so. I also asked him what my
Mum had bought him (never seen it as it was at their house).

I was then told not to bother with cards any more as that card cost the
same as a pint of beer and he would prefer a pint of beer.

He's right.

I then wired up their new boiler and weather compensator.

The final job was to seal off their old washing mashing trap.

Tight to get to behind some kitchen units

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:PROBLEM.jpg

but I think I have fixed it

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...BLEMSOLVED.jpg

I blocked the pipe with newspaper and then filled it with silicone.

Any problems with that? I would say job done.

Should be fine.