DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hose pipe brush - bonding plastic bitts to alloy pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/612933-hose-pipe-brush-bonding-plastic-bitts-alloy-pipe.html)

David June 15th 18 02:43 PM

Hose pipe brush - bonding plastic bitts to alloy pipe

We have a brush on the end of extendible alloy pipe with plastic
compression clamps which plugs into a hose pipe.

Good for washing car windows and the like.

The last time I used it it partially disassembled itself and I sliced the
end of my thumb on some adhesive which was supposed to have held the
plastic and alloy together.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...Metal_Glue.jpg

Any recommendations for a suitable glue?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Brian Gaff June 15th 18 08:59 PM

Hose pipe brush - bonding plastic bitts to alloy pipe

If its alloy, its probably oxide which has caused the failure. I really
don't know but I know when you solder alloys you often need a flux that has
a slight corrosive nature to allow one to solder to the metal properly.
With glue you really need the area degreased and maybe roughened to stand
any chance of it lasting. No other way to affix them then?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...