Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default deck building

Just watched a Wicked video, https://www.wickes.co.uk/how-to-guid...raised-decking, on deck building.

Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me.

Any one tried ground screws for this ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

My neighbour had decking put down less than 10 years ago, it has just had to
be redone as the wood has rotted underneath. I knew this decking stuff was a
load of rot!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"fred" wrote in message
Just watched a Wicked video,
https://www.wickes.co.uk/how-to-guid...raised-decking,
on deck building.

Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ?
Really? Sounds excessive to me.

Any one tried ground screws for this ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/06/2018 08:42, fred wrote:
Just watched a Wicked video, https://www.wickes.co.uk/how-to-guid...raised-decking, on deck building.

Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me.

Any one tried ground screws for this ?

2 min 24 seconds is a new meaning to the words "slightly longer" as at
6min 45 sec they chop half of it down.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2018 08:42, fred wrote:
Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me.

Depends on the ground.

The footings for my new man cave go down 4ft. For a timber framed
building. The ground is sort of soft and wet and clay... for piled
houses AIUI they just push until they can't get it to go in any more.

Our old house was on sand, and I put a patio down just by levelling the
ground. It was still OK after 10 years.

Andy