Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British gas smart meter beeping

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a pay as you
go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping is driving me mad

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1291304-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a pay as you
go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping is driving me mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move it
to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

Other than that, call British Gas ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:23:06 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a
pay as you go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping
is driving me mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move
it to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

Other than that, call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd have thought the first place to ask is British Gas.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tracey" m wrote in
message ...
My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a pay as
you
go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping is driving me mad
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1291304-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:23:06 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a
pay as you go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping
is driving me mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move
it to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

Other than that, call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

I had to call out BG,

I didn't get a visit from a Penguin

(I have no idea what you are talking about BTW)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/06/2018 13:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping.Â* It's a
pay as you
go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping is driving me
mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move it
to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

My mother had the same problem with hers.
It was to do with the spend limits being set far too low.
IIRC I simply went through menus and reset daily(?) limits from the
pre-set few £'s to something she'd never reach such as £30 or something.

Seems like a common issue and the bloody device has a rechargeable
battery so you couldn't simply unplug it to ease the pain.
I was borderline chucking it into a bowl of water to shut the thing up!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Davey
writes
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:23:06 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Other than that, call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

Singing Dominique?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Davey wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

Their website says the pen^H^H^Hengineers always call ahead to let you
know when they're on the way, but the radio adverts say they call ahead
95% of the time, presumably they think customers won't mind if they are
the unlucky 5%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a
pay as you go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping
is driving me mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move it
to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

Other than that, call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

So, not some weird tie-in with Linux then? The key clue word here being
"annoying" rather than "friendly". :-)

Apropos of "annoying", I'm guessing it must be some irritating TV advert
that "The Product" endure whilst awaiting their favourite "advert bait"
programme to start (or resume - it's all the same thing really, what with
it being just a 'legitimate' way to avoid 'dead air' in the gaps between
advert breaks).

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/06/2018 14:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought the first place to ask is British Gas.

Trust me. It's not.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Davey expressed precisely :
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:23:06 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping. It's a
pay as you go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping
is driving me mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move
it to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

Other than that, call British Gas ...

You might get a visit from that annoying penguin...

The penguin only does gas boilers.. Þ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Sharon megson wrote:
How to stop smart box from beeping

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1291304-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Tracey, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
My smart meter wont stop beeping

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1291304-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2018 16:14, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
replying to Tracey, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
My smart meter wont stop beeping

Sing along to it then...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2018 16:14, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
replying to Tracey, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
My smart meter wont stop beeping

many possible explanations: sign that you have exceeded your budget;
message that all is discovered, flee at once;...

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2018 16:14, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
replying to Tracey, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
My smart meter wont stop beeping

The beeping is to tell you that you have a gas leak.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Susan wilkinsin m wrote

My smart meter wont stop beeping

Dont worry, its just going to explode.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hush if you let on everyone will want one!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Susan wilkinsin" m wrote
in message ...
replying to Tracey, Susan wilkinsin wrote:
My smart meter wont stop beeping
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1291304-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Go into the menu scroll down to settings, volume and change to off. Press set.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bloody brilliant thanks as ive just turned off the volume ...ssoooooo irritating beeping every 10 mins!! Peace at last happy days ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It keeps beeping hiyer than tv only got meters in 2 weeks ago & I keep turning meter off cant handle the beep beep all the time
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/2019 14:05, wrote:
It keeps beeping hiyer than tv only got meters in 2 weeks ago & I keep turning meter off cant handle the beep beep all the time

Gas leak detection!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 06:05:48 -0800, dannamuir31071 wrote:

It keeps beeping hiyer than tv only got meters in 2 weeks ago & I keep
turning meter off cant handle the beep beep all the time

You can't turn the meter off.
That would cut off your supply (if this was allowed).

As others have said it is likely to be the remote monitor.

Cheers

Dave R