DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Traditional bath/shower mixer tap (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/610783-traditional-bath-shower-mixer-tap.html)

Sharon Sullivan May 14th 18 08:44 PM

Traditional bath/shower mixer tap

The lever to switch from bath to shower will not now turn to the right
(shower). The taps are new. I changed the washer in the flex as it was
dripping from the shower and now it will not turn.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1287373-.htm

Rod Speed May 14th 18 09:19 PM

Traditional bath/shower mixer tap

Sharon Sullivan m wrote

The lever to switch from bath to shower will not now turn to the right
(shower). The taps are new. I changed the washer in the flex as it was
dripping from the shower and now it will not turn.

Likely you stuffed it up when you changed the washer.

Whenever something stops working when you change something, its
almost always what you just changed thats the reason it stopped working.

Brian Gaff May 15th 18 09:27 AM

Traditional bath/shower mixer tap

Yes aunt that the truth. I did a replacement of a rectifier diode which had
gone open circuit on a very early VCR when I could see. it was fine for a
week then the machine would shut down at random times. Turned out all the
rectifiers had lose wires into the plastic body and were thus breaking off
inside with the temperature cycling.

Brian

--
----- -