DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Breeze block" (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/609874-breeze-block.html)

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:04 PM

"Breeze block"

On Tue, 01 May 2018 15:10:00 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 17:27:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 30/04/18 17:13, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:51:15 +0100, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:35:44 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

Yebbut that's from potassium. Coal ash is from uranium and thorium.
The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Oh, quite. Uranium and thorium are not 'created' under normal
environmental circumstances, nor are any other elements, for that
matter.

Radon?

Well yes, if you call radioactive decay a normal environmental
circumstance, which you could, I suppose. In which case you'd include
lead.

Come come come. Of course it's a normal environmental circumstance.
What else would it be?

What is more natural than an atmoic bomb? I know, a fusion bomb! Also
known as a supernova, that created at least half the earth's elements.

Harnesssing natural radioactivity is no different to harnessing wind or
solar power, also created by a far more dangerous reactor with no
shielding that - unlike earth bound reactors - does pose a serious
health hazard.

The sun poses a health threat? What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket science. Your skin gets used to it after a while. It's called a tan. How the **** can you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing (the sun) can be bad for you? No.... we would never have evolved to get used to it, that would be impossible....

--
In Today's Market Activity, Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Sun peaked at midday. Balloon prices were inflated. And, Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. Invest wisely!

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:05 PM

"Breeze block"

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 16:33:58 +0100, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:38:07 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:35:43 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 13:00:26 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Oh, quite. Uranium and thorium are not 'created' under normal
environmental circumstances, nor are any other elements, for that
matter.

But they are blown into the atmosphere with volcanic activity ?

It doesn't require volcanic activity. Both elements exist in ppm
quantities throughout the earth's crust, more concentrated in some
places than in others. Natural groundwater movements will leach both
species and make them available to plants.

Which leads into an interesting question I encountered recently ...

Lets suppose that 100,000 years ago a civilisation of h. Sapiens

Why did you abbreviate homosapiens?

emerged
and attained the *exact* same level of technological advancement as we
enjoy today.

Then something caused them to lose it all.

What - if any - traces of them could we sensibly expect to survive for us
to find now.

Or, if you don't like the premise, more straightforwardly, is there
*anything* modern man could do that could leave a 100,000 year legacy ????

What would our nuclear test sites (and waste) look like in 100,000 years
time ???? Given that they aren't that confident we can contain it at
Sellafield for 100 years ??????

--
It is impossible to hold a sandwich between your elbows and eat it.

Max Demian May 1st 18 11:18 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 13:00:26 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Oh, quite. Uranium and thorium are not 'created' under normal
environmental circumstances, nor are any other elements, for that
matter.

But they are blown into the atmosphere with volcanic activity ?

It doesn't require volcanic activity. Both elements exist in ppm
quantities throughout the earth's crust, more concentrated in some
places than in others. Natural groundwater movements will leach both
species and make them available to plants.

Which leads into an interesting question I encountered recently ...

Lets suppose that 100,000 years ago a civilisation of h. Sapiens

Why did you abbreviate homosapiens?

It's like T. Rex or E. Coli. Saves time.

--
Max Demian

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:21 PM

"Breeze block"

On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:13:20 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:

On Tue, 01 May 2018 15:05:13 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Try this for a start, and dispel a very tiny portion of your massive
ignorance

https://www.skincancer.org/skin-canc...n-cancer-facts

I'll tell you what causes skin problems, people who aren't used to the sun
going out in the sun. All these morons buying suncream and staying pasty
white. I never use suncream, my skin gets used to it and gets tanned, and I
never ever get burnt.

Of course it does. So what. I also did that, one year. But if you look
at 40 year old women who ski etc all the, and are suntanned all the
time, you'll observe that their skin is ****ed.

If you go out in the sun a lot, you can get a bit wrinkly, but you need a LOT of sun for that.

In any case having a suntan is naff, like having tattoos.

Having no tan makes you look ill and pasty, like Queen Victoria. It also means you lack vitamin D.

And going out in the sun can give you bad sunburn, which is what we are
talking about. Do try to stay focussed.

I already explained you can't get sunburn unless you go in the sun more than you have before. Or you usually use suncream, then forget. I never use suncream, so my skin is used to the amount of sun I always get.

--
Bumper sticker seen on a B-2 Stealth Bomber:
"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THEN WE WASTED 50 BILLION BUCKS."

Max Demian May 1st 18 11:22 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

The sun poses a health threat?* What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket
science.* Your skin gets used to it after a while.* It's called a tan.
How the **** can you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing
(the sun) can be bad for you?* No.... we would never have evolved to get
used to it, that would be impossible....

Tanning protects you from sunburn but not cancer and other nasties. I
think you have to 'evolve' naturally dark skin to protect you from them.

--
Max Demian

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:22 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

The sun poses a health threat? What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket science.
Your skin gets used to it after a while. It's called a tan. How the **** can
you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing (the sun) can be bad for
you? No.... we would never have evolved to get used to it, that would be
impossible....

Being bedridden for a week is a bit of a clue that something bad had
happened wouldn't you say, ****-fer-brains?

On that day at the beach, it was a bit foggy most of the day. But not
foggy enough, obvs.

So you were so stupid that you didn't notice your skin going red? If I go abroad and my skin gets a little red, I either go indoors, into the shade, or apply suncream. It's not difficult.

--
Love conquers all, except in tennis.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:23 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 13:00:26 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Oh, quite. Uranium and thorium are not 'created' under normal
environmental circumstances, nor are any other elements, for that
matter.

But they are blown into the atmosphere with volcanic activity ?

It doesn't require volcanic activity. Both elements exist in ppm
quantities throughout the earth's crust, more concentrated in some
places than in others. Natural groundwater movements will leach both
species and make them available to plants.

Which leads into an interesting question I encountered recently ...

Lets suppose that 100,000 years ago a civilisation of h. Sapiens

Why did you abbreviate homosapiens?

It's like T. Rex or E. Coli. Saves time.

H DOT SPACE
or
homo

Not much difference, especially if you consider the capital S.

--
Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:25 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

The sun poses a health threat? What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket
science. Your skin gets used to it after a while. It's called a tan.
How the **** can you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing
(the sun) can be bad for you? No.... we would never have evolved to get
used to it, that would be impossible....

Tanning protects you from sunburn but not cancer and other nasties. I
think you have to 'evolve' naturally dark skin to protect you from them.

We're all evolved to take the sun in our own country. The only people in danger are those who move to somewhere more tropical.

And you're wrong anyway, someone who has never been in the sun and someone with a good tan go somewhere hot and lay on the beach all day. The first person gets badly burnt, the other doesn't. The first is the one with the risk of cancer.

--
Experience is what you got by not having it when you need it.

Peeler[_2_] May 1st 18 11:32 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:13:20 +0100, Tim Streater, another obviously mentally
challenged, troll-feeding moron, blathered:

Of course it does. So what. I also did that, one year. But if you look
at 40 year old women who ski etc all the, and are suntanned all the
time, you'll observe that their skin is ****ed.

In any case having a suntan is naff, like having tattoos.

And going out in the sun can give you bad sunburn, which is what we are
talking about. Do try to stay focussed.

Do try to resist swallowing every single bait the gay Scottish ****** sets
out for you, troll-feeding idiot!

Dave Plowman (News) May 1st 18 11:34 PM

"Breeze block"

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I'll tell you what causes skin problems, people who aren't used to the
sun going out in the sun. All these morons buying suncream and staying
pasty white. I never use suncream, my skin gets used to it and gets
tanned, and I never ever get burnt. The sun is a natural phenomenon,
and believing we're supposed to invent artificial chemicals to shield
ourselves from it is preposterous.

Those light skinned races who live in countries with lots of sun cover
themselves against it.

--
*Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Peeler[_2_] May 1st 18 11:35 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:17:14 +0100, Tim Streater, another obviously mentally
challenged, troll-feeding moron, blathered:

Being bedridden for a week is a bit of a clue that something bad had
happened wouldn't you say, ****-fer-brains?

On that day at the beach, it was a bit foggy most of the day. But not
foggy enough, obvs.

So you KNOW that he's an idiot and a troll! But you STILL are stupid enough
to swallow all his baits! LMAO!

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 1st 18 11:54 PM

"Breeze block"

On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:34:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I'll tell you what causes skin problems, people who aren't used to the
sun going out in the sun. All these morons buying suncream and staying
pasty white. I never use suncream, my skin gets used to it and gets
tanned, and I never ever get burnt. The sun is a natural phenomenon,
and believing we're supposed to invent artificial chemicals to shield
ourselves from it is preposterous.

Those light skinned races who live in countries with lots of sun cover
themselves against it.

There isn't lots of sun in the UK.

If you move somewhere hotter, get yourself used to it over a couple of years.

--
"I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."
He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 12:06 AM

Troll-feeding Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 1 May 2018 23:18:43 +0100, Max Demian, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding retard, blabbered:

Why did you abbreviate homosapiens?

It's like T. Rex or E. Coli. Saves time.

You want to "save time", but then you keep feeding the filthy troll! Just
HOW retarded are you? LOL

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 12:08 AM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!Q

On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:34:00 +0100, Dave Blowman (News), the notorious
troll-feeding idiot, driveled again:

Those light skinned races who live in countries with lots of sun cover
themselves against it.

....and Blowman arrives to give the dumbest troll around another blow-job!
LOL

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 12:10 AM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 1 May 2018 23:22:07 +0100, Max Demian, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding retard, blabbered:

Tanning protects you from sunburn but not cancer and other nasties. I
think you have to 'evolve' naturally dark skin to protect you from them.

Does the unwashed Scottish ******'s cock taste THAT good to you? Or why do
you keep sucking him off?

Dave Plowman (News) May 2nd 18 12:27 AM

"Breeze block"

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2018 23:34:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I'll tell you what causes skin problems, people who aren't used to
the sun going out in the sun. All these morons buying suncream and
staying pasty white. I never use suncream, my skin gets used to it
and gets tanned, and I never ever get burnt. The sun is a natural
phenomenon, and believing we're supposed to invent artificial
chemicals to shield ourselves from it is preposterous.

Those light skinned races who live in countries with lots of sun cover
themselves against it.

There isn't lots of sun in the UK.

There can be more than enough to do yourself damage.

If you move somewhere hotter, get yourself used to it over a couple of
years.

Perhaps sunstroke some years back accounts for your problem.

--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 2nd 18 12:31 AM

"Breeze block"

Complete and utter ********. Do you seriously believe an animal (as in us) would have evolved to not cope with it's natural surroundings?

If you move somewhere hotter, get yourself used to it over a couple of
years.

Perhaps sunstroke some years back accounts for your problem.

Sunstroke doesn't cause anything like what you're thinking of. Don't give up the day job, your humour isn't good enough for standup.

--
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.

Rod Speed May 2nd 18 01:40 AM

"Breeze block"

o.uk...
wrote:

The sun poses a health threat? What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket
science. Your skin gets used to it after a while. It's called a tan.
How the **** can you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing
(the sun) can be bad for you? No.... we would never have evolved to get
used to it, that would be impossible....

Tanning protects you from sunburn but not cancer and other nasties.

Yes.

I think you have to 'evolve' naturally dark skin to protect you from them.

Nope, they still get melanoma, just at a lower rate.

So do wild animals, most obviously on the tips of their ears.

Rod Speed May 2nd 18 01:44 AM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

The sun poses a health threat? What **** have you been reading?

Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

Er.... when your skin goes red you go out of the sun, it's not rocket
science. Your skin gets used to it after a while. It's called a tan.
How the **** can you possibly think the most naturally occurring thing
(the sun) can be bad for you? No.... we would never have evolved to get
used to it, that would be impossible....

Tanning protects you from sunburn but not cancer and other nasties. I
think you have to 'evolve' naturally dark skin to protect you from them.

We're all evolved to take the sun in our own country.

But then you europeans chose to invade the rest of the world.

The only people in danger are those who move to somewhere more tropical.

Bull****.

And you're wrong anyway, someone who has never been in the sun and someone
with a good tan go somewhere hot and lay on the beach all day.

No one can lie on the beach in full sun all day without sunscreen etc.

Rod Speed May 2nd 18 01:47 AM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I'll tell you what causes skin problems, people who aren't used to the
sun going out in the sun. All these morons buying suncream and staying
pasty white. I never use suncream, my skin gets used to it and gets
tanned, and I never ever get burnt. The sun is a natural phenomenon,
and believing we're supposed to invent artificial chemicals to shield
ourselves from it is preposterous.

Those light skinned races who live in countries with lots of sun cover
themselves against it.

There isn't lots of sun in the UK.

If you move somewhere hotter, get yourself used to it over a couple of
years.

Not possible. There's a reason we have a much higher melanoma rate than you
lot do.

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 09:46 AM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 02 May 2018 00:27:00 +0100, Dave Blowman (News), the notorious
troll-feeding idiot, driveled again:

There isn't lots of sun in the UK.

There can be more than enough to do yourself damage.

You must have first-hand experience of that, you brain-damaged Yankietard.

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 09:46 AM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 02 May 2018 08:37:17 +0100, Tim Streater, another obviously mentally
challenged, troll-feeding moron, blathered:

So you were so stupid that you didn't notice your skin going red? If I go
abroad and my skin gets a little red, I either go indoors, into the shade, or
apply suncream. It's not difficult.

Skin doesn't go red straight away.

Listen, stupid cocksucker, if you already keep sucking his cock, you'd
better also follow the advice the Scottish ****** keeps giving you. It's all
part of his game! BG

Adam Funk[_3_] May 2nd 18 10:09 AM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-04-30, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

"Radiation! Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about
it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for
you. Pernicious nonsense!"

The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes of
elements that have those and non-radioactive isotopes, or do they just
concentrate certain elements? (I can see how the second happens; the
first seems a bit odd to me.)

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] May 2nd 18 10:19 AM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-04-30, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

"Radiation! Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about
it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for
you. Pernicious nonsense!"

The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes of
elements that have those and non-radioactive isotopes, or do they just
concentrate certain elements? (I can see how the second happens; the
first seems a bit odd to me.)

I think you are probably correct. The point is that all isotopes of
uranium and thorium are radioactive.

Just, in the case of U238 and thorium, not very....

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)

Dave Plowman (News) May 2nd 18 10:25 AM

"Breeze block"

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Perhaps sunstroke some years back accounts for your problem.

Sunstroke doesn't cause anything like what you're thinking of.

Good to know you've investigated what did cause it. Care to share your
conclusions? So others can take steps to avoid it.

Don't give up the day job, your humour isn't good enough for standup.

--
*If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 11:07 AM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 02 May 2018 10:25:51 +0100, Dave Blowman (News), the notorious
troll-feeding idiot, driveled again:

Perhaps sunstroke some years back accounts for your problem.

Sunstroke doesn't cause anything like what you're thinking of.

Good to know you've investigated what did cause it. Care to share your
conclusions? So others can take steps to avoid it.

Yeah, idiot! THAT's what the Scottish attention whore likes! Give her ALL
the attention she will ever need! tsk

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] May 2nd 18 11:52 AM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-04-30, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

"Radiation! Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about
it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for
you. Pernicious nonsense!"

The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes of
elements

The answer appears to be "Yes".

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Ca...the_food_chain

Well having ploughed through a lot of ********, teh answer appers to be
for heavier elements 'no one actually knows'

Josef Stalin

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 2nd 18 01:59 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

[...]

Yes it does. If I get out of the sun as soon as my skin gets a little red, I have no sunburn by the next day. It's the best way to do it, either that or wait for a little redness then put on high factor sunblock for the rest of the day to give your skin a rest. Maximum tan, maximum getting your skin used to the sun.

--
John Montagu: "Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox."
Samuel Foote: "That will depend my lord, on whether I embrace your lordship's principles or your mistress."

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 2nd 18 05:37 PM

"Breeze block"

wrote:

Skin doesn't go red straight away.

Yes it does. If I get out of the sun as soon as my skin gets a little red, I
have no sunburn by the next day.

No it doesn't, as I discovered in Greece one summer. Shirt off for 15
mins, shirt back on, no change to skin colour until later in the
evening when sun-burn started.

Then you must have weird skin. Everyone I know goes red well before they've had too much. Some quickly, some not, but there's always a warning.

In fact if you managed to get burnt in 15 minutes, you have some seriously ****ed up skin. Doesn't it ever see the sun?

--
FART stands for FAst Repetitive Ticks, and herrings use them to communicate.

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 06:06 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 02 May 2018 17:32:03 +0100, Tim Streater, another obviously mentally
challenged, troll-feeding moron, blathered:

No it doesn't, as I discovered in Greece one summer. Shirt off for 15
mins, shirt back on, no change to skin colour until later in the
evening when sun-burn started.

You just don't get it, eh, you abysmally stupid troll-bait? LOL

harry May 2nd 18 06:51 PM

"Breeze block"

On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 16:57:52 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

You need to watch the area affected for skin cancer.

Rod Speed May 2nd 18 08:07 PM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-04-30, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

"Radiation! Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about
it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for
you. Pernicious nonsense!"

The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes
of elements that have those and non-radioactive isotopes,

Nope, not possible.

or do they just concentrate certain elements?

Yep, its potassium with brazil nuts and bananas.

(I can see how the second happens;
the first seems a bit odd to me.)

Not just odd, impossible.

Roger Hayter[_2_] May 2nd 18 08:22 PM

Peeler wrote:

On Wed, 02 May 2018 10:25:51 +0100, Dave Blowman (News), the notorious
troll-feeding idiot, driveled again:

Perhaps sunstroke some years back accounts for your problem.

Sunstroke doesn't cause anything like what you're thinking of.

Good to know you've investigated what did cause it. Care to share your
conclusions? So others can take steps to avoid it.

Yeah, idiot! THAT's what the Scottish attention whore likes! Give her ALL
the attention she will ever need! tsk

Now you are using being female as an insult. What an unpleasant little
troll you are.

--

Roger Hayter

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 2nd 18 08:22 PM

"Breeze block"

Tim Streater wrote:
Ah, I must have imagined being in bed for a week with very bad sunburn
when aged 19, because I foolishly spent the whole day on the beach.

You need to watch the area affected for skin cancer.

Or just stop being an alarmist.

--
I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice

Peeler[_2_] May 2nd 18 09:13 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 2 May 2018 20:22:09 +0100, Roger Hayter, another pathetic smartass,
blathered:

Yeah, idiot! THAT's what the Scottish attention whore likes! Give her ALL
the attention she will ever need! tsk

Now you are using being female as an insult. What an unpleasant little
troll you are.

IS she an attention whore, or isn't she, you ridiculous pathetic smartass?

Adam Funk[_3_] May 3rd 18 02:39 PM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-04-30, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:57:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Maybe the tree ferns and other vegetation that eventually became the
carbon in coal were able to concentrate those heavy metals from the
groundwater.

Brazil nuts are faintly radioactive (as are bananas).

"Radiation! Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about
it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for
you. Pernicious nonsense!"

The extensive root systems work to concentrate *already existing*
radioactive compounds.

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes of
elements

The answer appears to be "Yes".

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Ca...the_food_chain

Interesting, thanks.

Adam Funk[_3_] May 3rd 18 02:42 PM

"Breeze block"

On 2018-05-02, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Adam Funk
wrote:

Do any plants concentrate specifically the radioactive isotopes of
elements that have those and non-radioactive isotopes, ...

Only by accident. Different isotopes of the same element have differing
numbers of neutrons in the nucleus of each atom (same number of

That's what I expected...

protons). Thus, the density and possibly other physical properties will
differ slightly and maybe enough to affect transport through the plant.

but that makes sense too; Huge's link specifically mentions water with
different hydrogen isotopes.