DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electrical controls for domestic ch/dhw (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/609317-electrical-controls-domestic-ch-dhw.html)

Tim Lamb[_2_] April 19th 18 09:19 PM

Electrical controls for domestic ch/dhw

Well the boiler got installed and eventually the electrician returned to
wire up the system.

Without much thought or any advice, I had opted for W plan. The circuit
diagram looked simple enough:-(

Using heatmiser manifold controls is not at all simple. Basically they
don't tell you what is inside the box only a dumbed down version of what
to connect to which terminal.

After several hours of try this, try that, the electrician claimed to
have a working set up and went home.

I have not yet had an opportunity to check:-(

Anyone done this? Or pointers to some suggested arrangements?
--
Tim Lamb

[email protected] April 19th 18 09:33 PM

On Thursday, 19 April 2018 21:19:41 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
Well the boiler got installed and eventually the electrician returned to
wire up the system.
Without much thought or any advice, I had opted for W plan. The circuit
diagram looked simple enough:-(

Well it is only 6 connections and earth. Even a plumber should be able to join that up.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...iority:_W-Plan

Owain

Tim Lamb[_2_] April 20th 18 09:45 AM

Electrical controls for domestic ch/dhw

In message ,
writes
On Thursday, 19 April 2018 21:19:41 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
Well the boiler got installed and eventually the electrician returned to
wire up the system.
Without much thought or any advice, I had opted for W plan. The circuit
diagram looked simple enough:-(

Well it is only 6 connections and earth. Even a plumber should be able
to join that up.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Controls_and_Z
oning#DHW_priority:_W-Plan

Indeed.

Sadly underfloor systems tend to have individual roomstats and further
complicated by splitting the manifolds upstairs/downstairs.

Boiler overrun provision also needs checking. I don't know if this is
internal to the Viessmann boiler in which case the boiler pump could
circulate through the output/return loop (about 20m of 28mm insulated
piping)

I'll have a play this morning and report back:-)

--
Tim Lamb