DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thermostatic shower - what?? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/607658-thermostatic-shower-what.html)

[email protected] March 24th 18 07:50 PM

Thermostatic shower - what??

According to Ebay I can buy a thermostatic mixer bar shower from about £5 upward. I find that hard to believe. What's going on there?

A friend needs a new one, contract quality. Recommendations or avoids welcome. He wants to keep the price down as long as as he doesn't get something no good or short lived. Need to buy from uk, China's too slow. Any input?

NT

Andy Burns[_13_] March 24th 18 08:00 PM

Thermostatic shower - what??

wrote:

According to Ebay I can buy a thermostatic mixer bar shower from about £5 upward

The ones I can see with a price from £4.95 to £34.99 are a multi-item
offering, for a fiver you get the hose only from the droplist, not a bar
mixer ...

Adrian Caspersz March 24th 18 08:16 PM

Thermostatic shower - what??

On 24/03/18 20:00, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

According to Ebay I can buy a thermostatic mixer bar shower from about
£5 upward

The ones I can see with a price from £4.95 to £34.99 are a multi-item
offering, for a fiver you get the hose only from the droplist, not a bar
mixer ...

eBay need to jump on this somehow.

It skews the listings if ye sort by price+delivery.

--
Adrian C

Jim K[_3_] March 25th 18 12:01 PM

Thermostatic shower - what??

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
wrote:

According to Ebay I can buy a thermostatic mixer bar shower from about £5 upward

The ones I can see with a price from £4.95 to £34.99 are a multi-item
offering, for a fiver you get the hose only from the droplist, not a bar
mixer ...

Bless :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Jim K[_3_] March 25th 18 12:01 PM

Thermostatic shower - what??

wrote:

According to Ebay I can buy a thermostatic mixer bar shower from about
£5 upward

The ones I can see with a price from £4.95 to £34.99 are a multi-item
offering, for a fiver you get the hose only from the droplist, not a bar
mixer ...

eBay need to jump on this somehow.

It skews the listings if ye sort by price+delivery.

--
Adrian C

I expect they'll be promoting this as a selling "feature"
somewhere... Presumably their "logic" is the more buyers overpay
the more their % cut will be...

They appear to permit lots of un-buyer-friendly crap these days.
I've largely given up with eBay.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----