DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flush ceiling rose adapter? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/607130-flush-ceiling-rose-adapter.html)

R D S[_2_] March 16th 18 09:57 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

I've got some Hager Klik ceiling roses. Assumed they'd recess into the
ceiling but no, they need a 'back box'.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...earth-terminal

Is anyone aware of a flush/recessed box?
Or they'll be sticking 2 inch off the ceiling!

Steve Walker[_5_] March 16th 18 10:38 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

On 16/03/2018 21:57, R D S wrote:
I've got some Hager Klik ceiling roses. Assumed they'd recess into the
ceiling but no, they need a 'back box'.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...earth-terminal

Is anyone aware of a flush/recessed box?
Or they'll be sticking 2 inch off the ceiling!

Is that not the same size and screw spacing as a standard, round back box?

https://tinyurl.com/y8hn8y9l

SteveW

R D S[_2_] March 16th 18 10:53 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

On 16/03/18 22:38, Steve Walker wrote:
On 16/03/2018 21:57, R D S wrote:
I've got some Hager Klik ceiling roses. Assumed they'd recess into the
ceiling but no, they need a 'back box'.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...earth-terminal

Is anyone aware of a flush/recessed box?
Or they'll be sticking 2 inch off the ceiling!

Is that not the same size and screw spacing as a standard, round back box?

https://tinyurl.com/y8hn8y9l

SteveW

I hope so, if it is, nice one, thanks.

Bob Eager[_5_] March 16th 18 11:31 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

On 16/03/2018 21:57, R D S wrote:
I've got some Hager Klik ceiling roses. Assumed they'd recess into the
ceiling but no, they need a 'back box'.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...-mounting-box-

with-earth-terminal

Is anyone aware of a flush/recessed box?
Or they'll be sticking 2 inch off the ceiling!

Is that not the same size and screw spacing as a standard, round back
box?

https://tinyurl.com/y8hn8y9l

SteveW

I hope so, if it is, nice one, thanks.

It is. I have some. But since our rooms are about 3 metres high, I just
used the surface box!

Tricky Dicky[_4_] March 16th 18 11:52 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

I suspect you need a BESA box along the lines of this.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/deta-bzp-...box-20mm/7744j

Richard

R D S[_2_] March 16th 18 11:57 PM

Flush ceiling rose adapter?

On 16/03/2018 21:57, R D S wrote:
I've got some Hager Klik ceiling roses. Assumed they'd recess into the
ceiling but no, they need a 'back box'.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...-mounting-box-

with-earth-terminal

Is anyone aware of a flush/recessed box?
Or they'll be sticking 2 inch off the ceiling!

Is that not the same size and screw spacing as a standard, round back
box?

https://tinyurl.com/y8hn8y9l

SteveW

I hope so, if it is, nice one, thanks.

It is. I have some. But since our rooms are about 3 metres high, I just
used the surface box!

This is a room that was 2 rooms but a wall has been removed, one room
had a sloping ceiling, I couldn't cope with this so have ended up with a
stepped ceiling where the lower part is probably only 2m.