Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Country lanes - no curbs

soup wrote:

On 21/02/2018 17:49, Mark wrote:

and it dosent have any rubber inserts on the tracks which tends to make a
real mess of tarmac roads

or even cobbled ones . This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2018 00:09, Mark wrote:
soup wrote:

On 21/02/2018 17:49, Mark wrote:

and it dosent have any rubber inserts on the tracks which tends to make a
real mess of tarmac roads

or even cobbled ones . This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

I wasn't seriously suggesting that was you.

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea
You have problems with the powerplant at all (everything I've read says
the Leyland multi-fuel job was pants) ?

Not a Valentine, have a suspicion that is a Leopard1 conversion (Biber)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2018 03:10, soup wrote:
On 24/02/2018 00:09, Mark wrote:
soup wrote:

On 21/02/2018 17:49, Mark wrote:

and it dosent have any rubber inserts on the tracks which tends to
make a
real mess of tarmac roads

or even cobbled ones .Â* This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded
Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

I wasn't seriously suggesting that was you.

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea

The Chieftain was introduced into service in 1966.

Korean War ended in 1953.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

I wasn't seriously suggesting that was you.

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea
You have problems with the powerplant at all (everything I've read says
the Leyland multi-fuel job was pants) ?

You sure about the name? Korean war suggests Centurion. Chieftain
introduced in mid 60s much later.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:02:23 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

snip

This (driving a 'tank') is often used by folk as a way of 'protecting
them and their family' but they are either unaware ... or are and
simply don't care that the only way that will work is if they crash
into something smaller, putting other peoples families at greater
risk. ;-(

snip

Fact, the above has *nothing* to do with anyone's personal driving
style (so you can wind you neck in). ;-)

Your own reference states:

"Regardless of what you drive, all experts agree that how you drive is
the most important safety factor. Human performance and behavior factors
contribute to more than 90 percent of crashes, according to NHTSA."

No, really?

(From:
https://www.edmunds.com/car-safety/a...fe-as-large-ca
rs.html
)

If you don't hit another car, large or small, then size really doesn't
matter.

Irrelevant mate.

The discussion was:

"This (driving a 'tank') is often used by folk as a way of 'protecting
them and their family' but they are either unaware ... or are and
simply don't care that the only way that will work is if they crash
into something smaller, putting other peoples families at greater
risk. ;-("

*Nothing* to do with driving styles, *everything* to do with bigger is
safer.

My point (which still stands and is supported by all the research) is
that *IF* you buy a *bigger vehicle* because it would make it safer
for *your family* then statistically you are only making it safer for
*your family* at the expense of *everyone else in a std / smaller
vehicle's family*.

Then they should drive carefully, get out of my away and not drive into
my big tank.
Given that the vast majority of 'other people' on the road will be
ordinary people in smaller vehicles again statistically someone in a
bigger vehicle is 'more likely' to hit someone in a 'smaller vehicle'
than hitting a 'larger vehicle'.

I've not mentioned anything about anything else other than that.

The idea of buying a bigger vehicle with any though of it being
'safer' for you and your family also means taking up more room (even
if it only 1"), using more fuel / mile, therefore creating more
pollution / mile and doing more damage to the road / mile (than a
typical smaller (lighter) car of the same era).

And paying more road tax.
Now, if you bought a 'bigger vehicle' because you had a bigger family
or needed to tow a caravan or regularly carry bulky items (a
wheelchair etc) then you may have simply bought said vehicle for
wholly / only practical purposes. e.g. The fact that it happens to be
'safer' than and at the cost of a smaller vehicle is by the by.

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

I'm a Land Rover driver - couldn't give a ****.
Cheers, T i m

--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:34:15 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

My point (which still stands and is supported by all the research) is
that *IF* you buy a *bigger vehicle* because it would make it safer
for *your family* then statistically you are only making it safer for
*your family* at the expense of *everyone else in a std / smaller
vehicle's family*.

Then they should drive carefully, get out of my away and not drive into
my big tank.

But what if you have driven into them 'old man'? ;-(

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

I'm a Land Rover driver - couldn't give a ****.

No, I expect many don't (low EQ) ... or maybe not till one of your
family, happily minding their own business in their std family saloon
gets crushed by someone who makes a mistake in their 4x4 (that's never
ever been off road or towed a horse box ...).

And it was completely predicted of you of course, you are a fanatic
Brexiteer so have already demonstrated your total disregard for any
one else ...

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2018 03:10, soup wrote:

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea

..

No he didn't, it was Centurion (as mentioned else thread).
Mea culpa

I am forever getting the two names mixed up.

Centurion , immediate post war (a lot say best tank in the world [for
its time]).

Chieftain good tank but let down by an underpowered and unreliable
engine (developed out but the Chieftain ~ crap engine concept was deep
in the pysche.
C.F. The rifle 556 [was SA80] pre rebuild it was a POS after the
rebuild it was quite good but the SA80 ~ crap was in the psyche so the
556 is still regarded as a POS

That a fair synopsis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/18 12:57, whisky-dave wrote:
Left brainer :- Linear thinking, maths, logic, facts.

= useful stuff that keeps people alive

Right brainer :- imagination, rythum , holistic thinking, arts.

= Emotional masturbation

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/18 19:56, soup wrote:
On 21/02/2018 20:48, Brian Reay wrote:
On 21/02/2018 12:23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home" wrote:

On 20/02/2018 22:55, Tim Streater wrote:

Glad to hear that - a sensible approach. I live in dread that some
pedestrian on one of the local lanes will have just read the
admonition
in the Highway Code about walking facing the traffic, and I'll meet
them going round a left hand bend. Most of the roads round here are
unsafe for pedestrians.

You mean the drivers around there are unsafe for pedestrians!

You unable to read?

We were walking in Battle today, a little after lunch time.
TheÂ* we were on the pavement, the road was quite wide and busy. I'm
not sure what the limit was, probably 30mph. The road was certainly
busy enough and the traffic moving so freely that, had I wished to
cross, I'd have looked for a crossing or, as min, somewhere with an
central 'island' etc.

Unfortunately, not everyone shows such caution. A woman of, perhaps
30-40 decided to try and run across the road. She 'made it' but only
because a car had better brakes/the driver had better reactions than
her running ability.Â* She blamed the driver, at least judging by her
shouts.

Who would you blame?

The driver.

=Translate that to 'an asteroid falls in the road and a car travelling
at 60mph crashes into it, who would you blame'

'the driver'

What a tosser you are, soup.

The first person I ever saw killed was at age 13, when a little old lady
without warning stepped off the kerb straight in front of a Rover doing
less than 30mph.

If the presence of a pedestrian on a pavement, less than a meter from a
car means that you have to slow down to a speed such that you can stop
IN that meter if they step out...well.

... if you're reaction times is 0.2 seconds just to REACT in that yard
menas toy cant be travelling at more than = 5m/s - about 11mph.

Add in the stopping distance, and its unlikely that anyone travelling at
more than about 6mph would be able to 'stop in time'

And indeed less for joggers, cyclists and horses whose brakes are much
inferior.

Tell you what, why don't we have a man with a red flag walk in front of
all our cars soup?

A great job for a sochslist I'd say.

Â* It wouldn't matter if the limit was 60 MPH (the speed limit is a limit
it is NOT a recommended speed or anything like that).Â* An appropriate
speed would be one where you can cope with the unforeseen.

The whole point about the unforeseen is bty definition you cannot cope
with it.

I was narrowly missed by a pigeon falling out if the sky a fortnight
ago., It crashed two feet from where I was standing anbd died.

Â*No-where do you indicate she was 'running out' between parked cars
(if she had then it would take a fuller knowledge of the facts to
ascertain blame) so the driver will have seen her for quite some
Â*distance.

Â* Knowing it was likely a tourist area (1066 and all that)Â* I would have
slowed right down (better to get honked at from behind than to kill
someone).

You have shown yourself to be a handwavy armchair theorist with no
abilitry to do maths or understand te real world.

I suggest you use your wavy hand for masturbation only, in future.

Its very 'right brain'

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/18 19:56, soup wrote:
[...]

menas toy cant be travelling at more than = 5m/s -Â* about 11mph.

Add in the stopping distance, and its unlikely that anyone travelling at
more than about 6mph would be able to 'stop in time'

And indeed less for joggers, cyclists and horses whose brakes are much
inferior.

Tell you what, why don't we have a man with a red flag walk in front of
all our cars soup?

A great job for a sochslist I'd say.

Â*Â* It wouldn't matter if the limit was 60 MPH (the speed limit is a limit
it is NOT a recommended speed or anything like that).Â* An appropriate
speed would be one where you can cope with the unforeseen.

The whole point about the unforeseen is bty definition you cannot cope
with it.

I was narrowly missed by a pigeon falling out if the sky a fortnight
ago., It crashed two feet from where I was standing anbd died.

Â*Â*No-where do you indicate she was 'running out' between parked cars
(if she had then it would take a fuller knowledge of the facts to
ascertain blame) so the driver will have seen her for quite some
Â*Â*distance.

Â*Â* Knowing it was likely a tourist area (1066 and all that)Â* I would have
slowed right down (better to get honked at from behind than to kill
someone).

You have shown yourself to be a handwavy armchair theorist with no
abilitry to do maths or understand te real world.

I suggest you use your wavy hand for masturbation only, in future.

Its very 'right brain'

Indeed.

Years ago, pre 1983 (I remember the car I was driving), I was driving
down a road near here. Cars on both sides, very little room. Police car
behind me. I wasn't traveling quite slowly. There was an alley between
some houses- all but invisible until you were on it, I saw a 'flash', no
more and reacted. A young lad was being chased- he came out of the
alley, between the parked cars and fell in front of my car. Somehow I
stopped without hitting him. There must have been inches in it. To this
day I don't know how. He was up and off before I was out of the car. The
police spoke to me. I was still shaking. Obviously no problem on my part
but the officer said I didn't stand a chance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"soup" wrote in message

or even cobbled ones . This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded
Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea
You have problems with the powerplant at all (everything I've read says
the Leyland multi-fuel job was pants) ?

yes the most unreliable overweight expensive underpowered fuel guzzling
engine ever made
a product of the MOD thinking at the time, we use petrol in all military
vehicles but they use Diesel in Europe so we need an engine that can run on
both
however it was a very good tank for the time, when it was going
the upside for me since it does gallons per mile was the fuel to run it was
delivered to me free of charge thanks to people mis-fueling there cars

Not a Valentine, have a suspicion that is a Leopard1 conversion (Biber)

could well be but it looks quit small to be a real moden "tank" conversion

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:34:15 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

My point (which still stands and is supported by all the research) is
that *IF* you buy a *bigger vehicle* because it would make it safer
for *your family* then statistically you are only making it safer for
*your family* at the expense of *everyone else in a std / smaller
vehicle's family*.

Then they should drive carefully, get out of my away and not drive into
my big tank.

But what if you have driven into them 'old man'? ;-(

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

I'm a Land Rover driver - couldn't give a ****.

No, I expect many don't (low EQ)

Low is good
... or maybe not till one of your
family, happily minding their own business in their std family saloon
gets crushed by someone who makes a mistake in their 4x4 (that's never
ever been off road or towed a horse box ...).

Just as likely to be killed by a crashing jumbo jet.
And it was completely predicted of you of course, you are a fanatic
Brexiteer so have already demonstrated your total disregard for any
one else ...

Positive, adventurous. entrepreneurial, wealth generator, able to see
the bigger picture.
Not like small petty minded risk-averse remoaners like you who can only
think of any slight change in their material well-being.
Cheers, T i m

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:23:33 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

I'm a Land Rover driver - couldn't give a ****.

No, I expect many don't (low EQ)

Low is good

It's obviously good you because it saves you having to worry about
anyone other than yourself.

... or maybe not till one of your
family, happily minding their own business in their std family saloon
gets crushed by someone who makes a mistake in their 4x4 (that's never
ever been off road or towed a horse box ...).

Just as likely to be killed by a crashing jumbo jet.

Nope, not just as likely at all (so just more fanatic Brexiteer lies,
denial and bs).

http://etsc.eu/wp-content/uploads/20...u_overview.pdf

And it was completely predicted of you of course, you are a fanatic
Brexiteer so have already demonstrated your total disregard for any
one else ...

Positive,

Delusional (no wider view to provide a fully considered outcome).

adventurous.

Reckless (no consideration of the potential range of outcomes).

entrepreneurial,

Gambler (generally with other peoples money and lives).

wealth generator,

Gambler (generally with other peoples money and lives).

able to see
the bigger picture.

Totally unable to see the bigger picture. (And thanks for the perfect
demonstration of that).

Not like small

'Small'? (A sure sign of an arrogant 'superior / selfish' attitude).

petty minded

Willing to consider the smaller and often important factors.

risk-averse

Not gamblers (especially with other peoples money and lives).

remoaners like you

And the BS continues. To be *counted* as 'a Remoner' I would have had
to voted remain ... and I didn't ... 'Brexsh1teer'.

Further, what you consider me to be is completely and utterly
irrelevant (as are you to any fully considered decision).

who can only
think of any slight change in their material well-being.

WTF are you drooling on about now Brexsh1teer?

So, how are the Brexit negotiations going then? Are they working out
as your crystal ball predicted or don't you still know yet? What did
you vote for again *exactly* ... ?

Oh, and I neither expect or want an answer from you on that because we
all know it would just be more gambling.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:21:03 -0000, "Mark" wrote:

snip

the upside for me since it does gallons per mile was the fuel to run it was
delivered to me free of charge thanks to people mis-fueling there cars

'Every cloud ...' ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
[...]

No you didn't even have the sense to vote, so sure were you that remain
would win.
Further, what you consider me to be is completely and utterly
irrelevant (as are you to any fully considered decision).

who can only
think of any slight change in their material well-being.

WTF are you drooling on about now Brexsh1teer?

So, how are the Brexit negotiations going then? Are they working out
as your crystal ball predicted or don't you still know yet? What did
you vote for again *exactly* ... ?

Oh, and I neither expect or want an answer from you on that because we
all know it would just be more gambling.

Cheers, T i m

What no left brainer garbage? Has the message finally got through oh
half brained one?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark writes
soup wrote:

On 21/02/2018 17:49, Mark wrote:

and it dosent have any rubber inserts on the tracks which tends to make a
real mess of tarmac roads

or even cobbled ones . This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded
Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

-

Have you seen the adverts on some of the TV channels for some tank based
video games? Brilliant. Love the guy filling up at the petrol station.
10,000 litres
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 20:48:37 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

Totally unable to see the bigger picture. (And thanks for the perfect
demonstration of that).

Not like small

'Small'? (A sure sign of an arrogant 'superior / selfish' attitude).

petty minded

Willing to consider the smaller and often important factors.

risk-averse

Not gamblers (especially with other peoples money and lives).

remoaners like you

And the BS continues. To be *counted* as 'a Remoner' I would have had
to voted remain ... and I didn't ... 'Brexsh1teer'.

No you didn't even have the sense to vote,

And another perfectly example of a left brainer at work (having false
beliefs of others (or just making sh1t up ass in your case).

so sure were you that remain
would win.

Bingo. You really can't make this stuff up (well, you try obviously).

snip

So, how are the Brexit negotiations going then? Are they working out
as your crystal ball predicted or don't you still know yet? What did
you vote for again *exactly* ... ?

Oh, and I neither expect or want an answer from you on that because we
all know it would just be more gambling.

What no left brainer garbage?

What no answers to my questions?

Has the message finally got through oh
half brained one?

How are the answers to my questions coming along. You know, sharing
your brilliant insight with the group (oh, and the government might be
interested as well).

Your silence (or more BS) will tell all of course.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/18 20:48, bert wrote:

Cheers, T i m

What no left brainer garbage? Has the message finally got through oh
half brained one?
--
bert

It is a common tendency for those who are ignorant, to belittle those
that are not, by making some other quality they can lay claim to more
important than knowledge or intelligence. No one has more scorn for
science and mathematics than the art student.

This fools leftists who are all like that anyway - it is after all the
politics of failure.

"Saki"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bert wrote:

In article , Mark writes
soup wrote:

On 21/02/2018 17:49, Mark wrote:

and it dosent have any rubber inserts on the tracks which tends to make a
real mess of tarmac roads

or even cobbled ones . This you Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNQbwWP3hQ

(I know it's a bridge layer not a tank [though based on a tank chassis])

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded
Valentine
which only weight about 15ton
i would do a Lot more damage then that
and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun

-

Have you seen the adverts on some of the TV channels for some tank based
video games? Brilliant. Love the guy filling up at the petrol station.
10,000 litres

no not seen that
never got anywhere near filling the Chieftain up 400lt doesnt seem to even move the fuel gauge so dont know how much it would hold
but the little Scorpion holds about 450lt of petrol in a rubber bag, and seems to do under 5mpg which gets a bit expensive

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 00:23:46 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 25/02/18 20:48, bert wrote:

Cheers, T i m

What no left brainer garbage? Has the message finally got through oh
half brained one?
--
bert

It is a common tendency for those who are ignorant, to belittle those
that are not,

Irrelevant.

by making some other quality they can lay claim to more
important than knowledge or intelligence.

Because they often are. Denial won't change that fact.

No one has more scorn for
science and mathematics than the art student.

Nice strawman.

This fools leftists who are all like that anyway - it is after all the
politics of failure.

And some political BS to try to rubber stamp the other BS. Brilliant.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
[...]

No answer needed. Success after Brexit is such a dead cert. I see the
experts at OBR have admitted they got it wrong - again.
Has the message finally got through oh
half brained one?

How are the answers to my questions coming along. You know, sharing
your brilliant insight with the group (oh, and the government might be
interested as well).

Your silence (or more BS) will tell all of course.

Cheers, T i m

It's all in my spreadsheet.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:49:16 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

What no answers to my questions?

No answer needed.

That sounds like a cop out to me.

Success after Brexit is such a dead cert.

Then it would be very easy for you to explain how / why surely?

I see the
experts at OBR have admitted they got it wrong - again.

IDGAF about them, I want to know what facts you used to come to the
conclusion you did.

snip

It's all in my spreadsheet.

So, Dropbox or some other share?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:49:16 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

What no answers to my questions?

No answer needed.

That sounds like a cop out to me.

Success after Brexit is such a dead cert.

Then it would be very easy for you to explain how / why surely?

It's all in my spreadsheet.
I see the
experts at OBR have admitted they got it wrong - again.

IDGAF about them, I want to know what facts you used to come to the
conclusion you did.

IDGAF about what you want - I don't think many others in here do either.
snip

It's all in my spreadsheet.

So, Dropbox or some other share?

No no. If I shared it all you remoaners would do would be to nit-pick
about the process rather than concentrate on the outcomes.
Cheers, T i m

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:59:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

snip

It's all in my spreadsheet.

So, Dropbox or some other share?

That's reserved for the Meaning of Life.

What I find funny is the more convinced the fanatic Brexiteers think
they are right the more they make me laugh. ;-)

I mean, if it were so obvious and easy I'm guessing 1) we would all be
behind it and 2) it would be done and dusted by now?

But it's very very obvious (to all but those with the red mist in
front of their eyes) that neither are the case and it doesn't seem to
be getting any better (for the fanatical Brexiteers) or clearer as we
go on.

It was an ill conceived and poorly implemented 'crusade' started by a
minority of fanatics who tricked (1/3rd of) the UK electorate into
thinking leaving *would* be better for everyone. So far it doesn't
look like it's going to be any better other than for the few parasites
who always gain from the misfortune of others.

I would really like to be proved wrong but so far that hasn't
happened.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:00:09 +0000, bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:49:16 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

What no answers to my questions?

No answer needed.

That sounds like a cop out to me.

Success after Brexit is such a dead cert.

Then it would be very easy for you to explain how / why surely?

It's all in my spreadsheet.

So, too frightened to share it eh?

I see the
experts at OBR have admitted they got it wrong - again.

IDGAF about them, I want to know what facts you used to come to the
conclusion you did.

IDGAF about what you want -

I know, you are a left brained fanatic Brexiteer.

I don't think many others in here do either.

A classic left brainer comment, assuming how many other people might
feel the same as you do?

Given the leave / remain split was near 50:50, there is no reason why
the same demographic wouldn't apply here so your 'many' is likely no
better than half.

snip

It's all in my spreadsheet.

So, Dropbox or some other share?

No no. If I shared it all you remoaners would do would be to nit-pick
about the process rather than concentrate on the outcomes.

I would be very very surprised if you were even slightly close on any
of it, *especially* the 'outcome'.

You are no different from the government not publishing the results of
the 50+ reports because doing so would 'weaken their hand'!!!

How bad must the reports be that they would 'weaken our hand'!!! ;-(

Have you offered your spreadsheet to the Government and if not why
not? They surely could do with some good premonitions right now.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know the attitude some fanatic Brexiteers feel towards
'foreigners' (and Remainers apparently). How sure are you that you
won't attract the same negative feeling, should this whole Brexit
farce costs everyone as it looks like it might? Do you feel lucky?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
[...]

How would you know as you don't have any facts.
You are no different from the government not publishing the results of
the 50+ reports because doing so would 'weaken their hand'!!!

I didn't say I wouldn't publish the results - typical half brain
thinking.
How bad must the reports be that they would 'weaken our hand'!!! ;-(

My reports are brilliant.
Have you offered your spreadsheet to the Government and if not why
not? They surely could do with some good premonitions right now.

I have already said I will not share it and given the reason. Can't you
hold anything in your brain for more than two sentences?
Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know the attitude some fanatic Brexiteers feel towards
'foreigners' (and Remainers apparently).

No.
How sure are you that you
won't attract the same negative feeling, should this whole Brexit
farce costs everyone as it looks like it might?

My spreadsheet says it won't.
Do you feel lucky?

You sound about as rational as Jeremy Corbyn in PMQs.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:58:38 +0000, bert wrote:
snip

No no. If I shared it all you remoaners would do would be to nit-pick
about the process rather than concentrate on the outcomes.

I would be very very surprised if you were even slightly close on any
of it, *especially* the 'outcome'.

How would you know as you don't have any facts.

You left brainers are such hard work ... ;-(

What part of 'very surprised' confuses you? 'Of course' that means I
don't have the facts because no one does (and that includes you of
course)!

I was speculating that you don't (actually) have a real handle on the
final deal because anything you thought you had on it yourself was
also only speculation.

You are no different from the government not publishing the results of
the 50+ reports because doing so would 'weaken their hand'!!!

I didn't say I wouldn't publish the results - typical half brain
thinking.

So what did you mean when you said: "No no. If I shared it all you
remoaners would do would be to nit-pick about the process rather than
concentrate on the outcomes."

That sounds very much like a refusal to me or were you intending the
spirit of what you actually said to mean something different?

Even if you had said 'If I share it with ...' that would make it sound
like there was a chance? Or are you talking about something else?

How bad must the reports be that they would 'weaken our hand'!!! ;-(

My reports are brilliant.

Then why don't you share them with us and get all those who
specifically voted against Leave on board?

Have you offered your spreadsheet to the Government and if not why
not? They surely could do with some good premonitions right now.

I have already said I will not share it and given the reason.

OFFS, make your mind up mate!

Can't you
hold anything in your brain for more than two sentences?

Oh the irony!!! You really couldn't make this stuff up !!!!!

snip

How sure are you that you
won't attract the same negative feeling, should this whole Brexit
farce costs everyone as it looks like it might?

My spreadsheet says it won't.

Well, so you say ... ;-(

Do you feel lucky?

You sound about as rational as Jeremy Corbyn in PMQs.

Coming from you after all the above ... that's funny. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Hey, if you were to give us a copy of your spreadsheet, or even
one that was simplified down to the core issues that most people
(might have) voted on then we can all play a game of 'Brexit Bingo' or
Lottery on Friday when that Mrs May reads out what might actually
happen. ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 23:04:06 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:58:38 +0000, bert wrote:

How would you know as you don't have any facts.

You left brainers are such hard work ... ;-(

Yes we find it very difficult to explain to those right brainers which rely on
immagination, holistic thinking and art rather than maths and logic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/le...t-brain-theory

personally I,m not ashamed if somethone called me a left brainer, but if they called me a right brainer I'd be pretty ****ed off.
But I also know that no one only uses half their brain, well I didn't think I knew anyone but you seem to be proving it to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:58:38 +0000, bert wrote:
snip

No no. If I shared it all you remoaners would do would be to nit-pick
about the process rather than concentrate on the outcomes.

I would be very very surprised if you were even slightly close on any
of it, *especially* the 'outcome'.

How would you know as you don't have any facts.

You left brainers are such hard work ... ;-(

What part of 'very surprised' confuses you? 'Of course' that means I
don't have the facts because no one does (and that includes you of
course)!

I was speculating that you don't (actually) have a real handle on the
final deal because anything you thought you had on it yourself was
also only speculation.

Your speculation is just that.
You are no different from the government not publishing the results of
the 50+ reports because doing so would 'weaken their hand'!!!

I didn't say I wouldn't publish the results - typical half brain
thinking.

So what did you mean when you said: "No no. If I shared it all you
remoaners would do would be to nit-pick about the process rather than
concentrate on the outcomes."

Just what I said.
That sounds very much like a refusal to me or were you intending the
spirit of what you actually said to mean something different?

Even if you had said 'If I share it with ...' that would make it sound
like there was a chance? Or are you talking about something else?

No chance
How bad must the reports be that they would 'weaken our hand'!!! ;-(

My reports are brilliant.

Then why don't you share them with us and get all those who
specifically voted against Leave on board?

For the reason I have already given - something I learned from the
climate change brigade.
Have you offered your spreadsheet to the Government and if not why
not? They surely could do with some good premonitions right now.

I have already said I will not share it and given the reason.

OFFS, make your mind up mate!

OFFS read what's there not what you want to be there.
Can't you
hold anything in your brain for more than two sentences?

Oh the irony!!! You really couldn't make this stuff up !!!!!

snip

How sure are you that you
won't attract the same negative feeling, should this whole Brexit
farce costs everyone as it looks like it might?

My spreadsheet says it won't.

Well, so you say ... ;-(

You have no facts on which to offer a counter opinion.
Do you feel lucky?

You sound about as rational as Jeremy Corbyn in PMQs.

Coming from you after all the above ... that's funny. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Hey, if you were to give us a copy of your spreadsheet, or even
one that was simplified down to the core issues that most people
(might have) voted on then we can all play a game of 'Brexit Bingo' or
Lottery on Friday when that Mrs May reads out what might actually
happen. ;-)

No matter how much I simplified it, it would still be too complicated
for a half-brain.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 23:04:06 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:58:38 +0000, bert wrote:

How would you know as you don't have any facts.

You left brainers are such hard work ... ;-(

Yes we find it very difficult to explain to those right brainers which rely on
immagination, holistic thinking and art rather than maths and logic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/le...n#left-brainri
ght-brain-theory

personally I,m not ashamed if somethone called me a left brainer, but
if they called me a right brainer I'd be pretty ****ed off.
But I also know that no one only uses half their brain, well I didn't
think I knew anyone but you seem to be proving it to me.

Exactly!!
--
bert