DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   4mm set screws with hexagon heads. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/604230-4mm-set-screws-hexagon-heads.html)

Dave Plowman (News) January 26th 18 03:30 PM

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.

Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Robin January 26th 18 03:37 PM

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.

Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

You don't give the full spec but eBay lists a fair few - eg
311462663267, 121794891675, 181721390214

--
Robin

whisky-dave[_2_] January 26th 18 04:40 PM

On Friday, 26 January 2018 15:30:17 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

I assume you mean M4 rapid has them.

https://www.rapidonline.com/sealey-h...din-933-562477

harry January 26th 18 04:51 PM

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.

On Friday, 26 January 2018 15:30:17 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

Obtainable from Model Engineering supplier.

Dave Plowman (News) January 26th 18 06:01 PM

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 26 January 2018 15:30:17 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

I assume you mean M4 rapid has them.

https://www.rapidonline.com/sealey-h...din-933-562477

Odd - I'd already looked there. They seem to be listed under 'other bolts'

I have found some online and the correct length, though. Just surprised
the likes of Screwfix don't have them.

--
*The statement above is false

Dennis@home January 26th 18 07:33 PM

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.

Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads?

Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too.
And plenty with allen heads.

But for this partially obstructed application, I can only get to the sides
of the head.

There are quite a few on amazon.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Bolt-Base...B0/ref=sr_1_19