DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baxi wm 381 rs chb.boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/604097-baxi-wm-381-rs-chb-boiler.html)

William Jordan January 24th 18 02:14 PM

Baxi wm 381 rs chb.boiler

My boiler has just had fitted a new gas valve new thermcouple,new water pump
and pilot light assembly,but my radiators are only getting warm,and the
radiator in my bathroom has to be bled daily

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1264944-.htm

John Rumm January 24th 18 02:36 PM

Baxi wm 381 rs chb.boiler

On 24/01/2018 14:14, William Jordan wrote:

My boiler has just had fitted a new gas valve new thermcouple,new water
pump
and pilot light assembly,but my radiators are only getting warm,and the
radiator in my bathroom has to be bled daily

Have you checked the temperature set on the boiler's thermostat? (not
the room stat, but the one the boiler itself that controls/limits the
flow temperature from the boiler)

If the system has been drained and refilled, its not unusual for some
rads to need bleeding over a few days as all the entrained air comes out
of the fresh water used to refill the system. This air will often
accumulate in the first rad in the circuit...

You also need to make sure there was adequate corrosion inhibitor added
to the system after it was refilled - otherwise gas production from
corrosion will occur and cause further need for bleeding (not to mention
damage to the system).

--
Cheers,

John.