DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   STICKY TAPE ON UPVS WINDOW SILLS (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/602844-re-sticky-tape-upvs-window-sills.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 18 05:56 PM

STICKY TAPE ON UPVS WINDOW SILLS

On Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 6:31:38 PM UTC+1, Jo Hunt wrote:
Another little problem I have ........

We are having the outside of the house painted and the painters stuck
masking tape on all windows sills of our news UPVC windows.
The work had to stop due to rain and now the tape seems to be "baked"
on the sills and it is extremely difficult to get the tape off and
restore the sills to their former condition. The tape was left on
for nearly three weeks ! We have used soap (fairy liquid) and hot
water, tried a bit of white spirit and even petrol.
Help please: what is the safest and best way to remove the tape and
glue and not damage the sills long term.

Brian Gaff January 4th 18 08:31 AM

STICKY TAPE ON UPVS WINDOW SILLS

Where did this old thread pop up from. 2003?

I blame the Wombles myself.
Brian

--
----- -