DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   [OT] Maths GCE O-Level text books from 70s-80s ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/601298-re-%5Bot%5D-maths-gce-o-level-text-books-70s-80s.html)

Martin Brown[_2_] December 6th 17 02:51 PM

[OT] Maths GCE O-Level text books from 70s-80s ?

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
Not a scooby. 'O' Level was 47 years ago.

And earlier!

You should be able to find them in a copyright library- though which
ones your school actually used might be harder to determine. Old exam
papers are usually available too - they make interesting reading.

Spherical trig and great circle navigation was still on the syllabus
when I did it as were the basics of integral and differential calculus.

For O level maths? (No O levels when I were at school in Scotland)

Yes. Certain. I refer you to Q6 and Q7 on this London board paper 1976

https://www.scribd.com/doc/16289310/...aper-3-June-76

(looks like the full spherical trig treatment was withdrawn by then)

It was certainly in the 1975 Astronomy syllabus of the London board.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown