DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glow worm ultimate 40ff no lights at pcb (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/600489-glow-worm-ultimate-40ff-no-lights-pcb.html)

Loopylew125 November 20th 17 01:14 PM

Glow worm ultimate 40ff no lights at pcb

My glow worm ultimate 40ff stopped working this morning. There are no lights
illuminated at the pcb! I thumped the bottom of the pcb and it fired up but
only worked for about 20 mins. Now wont work at all no lights on at the pcb
again!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...b-1251347-.htm

Steve[_84_] November 20th 17 02:08 PM

Glow worm ultimate 40ff no lights at pcb

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:14:06 GMT
Loopylew125 m wrote:

My glow worm ultimate 40ff stopped working this morning. There are no
lights illuminated at the pcb! I thumped the bottom of the pcb and it
fired up but only worked for about 20 mins. Now wont work at all no
lights on at the pcb again!!

I've repaired quite a few Glow worm PCBs, almost always capacitor
failure.

There are 2 caps close together and next to a heatsink that is
tight up against a transformer - are their tops bulging?

Brian Gaff November 20th 17 06:08 PM

Glow worm ultimate 40ff no lights at pcb

Its busted, just like the interface you posted from.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...