DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Energy switching: Hidden charge (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/600308-energy-switching-hidden-charge.html)

AnthonyL November 16th 17 12:20 PM

Energy switching: Hidden charge

Until a couple of years ago I'd never switched.

Now I've done a couple and it seems that both companies charge the
daily rate for the day of the switch even though there will not have
been any consumption charge for the company being left.

I've just received my final 27p bill for a switch carried out on 16
June! Well the new one started on 16th, but the old one has charged
for that day too.

OK it's small but surely wrong nonetheless?

--
AnthonyL

Andy Bennet November 16th 17 12:35 PM

On 16/11/2017 12:20, AnthonyL wrote:
Until a couple of years ago I'd never switched.

Now I've done a couple and it seems that both companies charge the
daily rate for the day of the switch even though there will not have
been any consumption charge for the company being left.

I've just received my final 27p bill for a switch carried out on 16
June! Well the new one started on 16th, but the old one has charged
for that day too.

OK it's small but surely wrong nonetheless?

My experience is the opposite - old company meter charge up to day
before switch, and new company day after - 1 free day of meter charge!
Must depend on the pairing of switched energy suppliers with different
policies.

Michael Chare[_4_] November 17th 17 10:04 AM

Energy switching: Hidden charge

On 16/11/2017 12:20, AnthonyL wrote:
Until a couple of years ago I'd never switched.

Now I've done a couple and it seems that both companies charge the
daily rate for the day of the switch even though there will not have
been any consumption charge for the company being left.

I've just received my final 27p bill for a switch carried out on 16
June! Well the new one started on 16th, but the old one has charged
for that day too.

OK it's small but surely wrong nonetheless?

It might depend on the companies charging policies. Maybe they could
either charge the first day but not the last day, or vice versa. Maybe I
should check my bills more closely. There should be a government
standard procedure.

--
Michael Chare