DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal polishers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/597529-metal-polishers.html)

rick September 29th 17 09:29 PM

Metal polishers

HI ... anyone know of a good metal polisher

I have a US product, its has 2 hydrofoil wings, these are made out of
billet aluminium ... here is pic of one of them (new)
http://tinyurl.com/y78zh83z

After good polishing I had then anodized (salt water use) been great
but after a few years use the trailing edge which is thin down to almost
knife edge, has become dinged.

IN US you can send wings to several places, they refurbish and they come
back as new - with a new Ano finish if required.

Getting them anodized is no issue, but wan to get them refurbished to
take out dents and dings in edges.

Anybody know of a place that does such work in UK ?

Here is a pic of such a service in US (shipping makes it too expensive)
http://www.skyski.com/product-p/49-0300.htm

Rob Morley September 30th 17 04:59 AM

Metal polishers

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 21:29:51 +0100
rick wrote:

HI ... anyone know of a good metal polisher

I have a US product, its has 2 hydrofoil wings, these are made out of
billet aluminium ... here is pic of one of them (new)
http://tinyurl.com/y78zh83z

After good polishing I had then anodized (salt water use) been great
but after a few years use the trailing edge which is thin down to
almost knife edge, has become dinged.

IN US you can send wings to several places, they refurbish and they
come back as new - with a new Ano finish if required.

Getting them anodized is no issue, but wan to get them refurbished to
take out dents and dings in edges.

Anybody know of a place that does such work in UK ?

Did you try your local alloy wheel refurbisher?