Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a pump overrun

replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...run-33024-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2017 20:14, swoopdave wrote:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Electricity?

This must be a record for homeownershub - a question posted 14 years ago

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2017 20:14, swoopdave wrote:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

I presume this is reply to a very ancient post since Ed has not posted
hear for ages. However you will probably find what you need he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...Pump_Ov errun

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
swoopdave m writes:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Why does it matter which way it's open during overrunning?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2017 10:33, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
swoopdave m writes:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Why does it matter which way it's open during overrunning?

If its open to the DHW, and that is already satisfied, you won't dump
much additional heat from the primary circuit into the cylinder - and
will lose more out of the flue than you would expect if overruning
through the rads.

--
Cheers,

John.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

swoopdave m writes:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Why does it matter which way it's open during overrunning?

If its open to the DHW, and that is already satisfied, you won't dump
much additional heat from the primary circuit into the cylinder - and
will lose more out of the flue than you would expect if overruning
through the rads.

And if it dumps it to the CH, and all the rads have TRVs which are
closed, it won't have anywhere at all to go.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

swoopdave m writes:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Why does it matter which way it's open during overrunning?

If its open to the DHW, and that is already satisfied, you won't dump
much additional heat from the primary circuit into the cylinder - and
will lose more out of the flue than you would expect if overruning
through the rads.

And if it dumps it to the CH, and all the rads have TRVs which are
closed, it won't have anywhere at all to go.

Wouldn't that have been happening before the boiler turned off?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

swoopdave m writes:
replying to Ed Sirett, swoopdave wrote:
What keeps the 3 way valve open to the rads while its over running?

Why does it matter which way it's open during overrunning?

If its open to the DHW, and that is already satisfied, you won't dump
much additional heat from the primary circuit into the cylinder - and
will lose more out of the flue than you would expect if overruning
through the rads.

And if it dumps it to the CH, and all the rads have TRVs which are
closed, it won't have anywhere at all to go.

Wouldn't that have been happening before the boiler turned off?

The boiler would probably cycle off on its own stat in the circumstance.

Just one of those cases of not being able to win em all!

--
Cheers,

John.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
And if it dumps it to the CH, and all the rads have TRVs which are
closed, it won't have anywhere at all to go.

Wouldn't that have been happening before the boiler turned off?

The boiler would probably cycle off on its own stat in the circumstance.

Just one of those cases of not being able to win em all!

Thought it wasn't recommended to have TRVs on every rad?

I have none in the living room and that's where the main temperature
sensor is. Every other rad has a TRV.

--
*Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
And if it dumps it to the CH, and all the rads have TRVs which are
closed, it won't have anywhere at all to go.

Wouldn't that have been happening before the boiler turned off?

The boiler would probably cycle off on its own stat in the circumstance.

Just one of those cases of not being able to win em all!

Thought it wasn't recommended to have TRVs on every rad?

Its isn't generally - although you do find some systems that have no
main stat and have all TRVs.

(Some systems have a bypass to ensure there is always an available path
for flow, and some modern boilers include an internal one (as does my
Vaillant for example)).

I have none in the living room and that's where the main temperature
sensor is. Every other rad has a TRV.

Yup, similar arrangement here - although I have a second zone upstairs
where all the rads have TRVs, you get enough heat leakage into the
landing (where the zone stat is) from downstairs to satisfy that stat
anyway.

--
Cheers,

John.

---

Pump overrun Nigel Hewer UK diy 9 November 28th 06 09:17 PM
Baxi Solo 3 Boiler clicking relay after pump overrun MARTINHOG UK diy 5 May 29th 06 11:20 PM
Baxi Solo 3 pump overrun ? Geronimo W. Christ Esq UK diy 19 February 10th 06 12:10 AM
CH Wiring Queries - Pump Overrun? Matthew UK diy 4 March 26th 05 02:06 PM
Central heating Pump Overrun Malcolm H UK diy 29 January 7th 04 12:34 AM