Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default As on topic as anything else here..

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

Date of starting self employment? xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2017 20:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

Date of starting self employment?Â* xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....

If it's xxx then jan or Jan, feb or Feb etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , alan_m
writes
On 19/09/2017 20:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
Docusign spit!
Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!
Date of starting self employment?* xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....

If it's xxx then jan or Jan, feb or Feb etc.

Hmm.. I didn't try lower case!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

Zactly, I would have binned it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

Zactly, I would have binned it.

+1, that sort of format issue would raise alarms with me.

Forward to

(as an aside, why can't they all use phishing@...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2017 21:00, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

If it actually is Docusign, then its a its authenticated and traceable.
If in doubt just go to docusign.com and access the document directly
from there.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2017 20:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

Date of starting self employment?Â* xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....

The only wrong detail was that it said I was unemployed. I tried to
change that to retired, but then it asked for my salary. Since I'm
retired, I don't have a salary. Eventually, on the third attempt, it
changed to retired, but it still asked for my salary. And date of
starting self employment. I'm not self employed, 'cos I'm retired, see?
I suppose I could enter my income, but why should I? It's none of their
business, but if they really want to know they can look at the money
going into my account, unless they think I receive cash in hand for
services rendered, but it I do it's none of their business.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

If it actually is Docusign, then its a its authenticated and traceable. If
in doubt just go to docusign.com and access the document directly from
there.

Easier to bin it, John. Same as dumping the phone on the telephone
arseholes.
If it's genuine, they'll get back somehow, you can bet on it.
I have to admit to being a complete ******* with phone calls and emails.
Even if a mate calls, if he takes 2 secs to speak, he gets dumped.
Don't start about JWs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 19/09/2017 20:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair enough
but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

Date of starting self employment? xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....

The only wrong detail was that it said I was unemployed. I tried to change
that to retired, but then it asked for my salary. Since I'm retired, I
don't have a salary. Eventually, on the third attempt, it changed to
retired, but it still asked for my salary. And date of starting self
employment. I'm not self employed, 'cos I'm retired, see? I suppose I
could enter my income, but why should I? It's none of their business, but
if they really want to know they can look at the money going into my
account, unless they think I receive cash in hand for services rendered,
but it I do it's none of their business.

Simply bin the ****ers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

A follow on from their exhaustive sign in to pay a bill.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Max
Demian writes
On 19/09/2017 20:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
Docusign spit!
Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!
Date of starting self employment?* xxx/xxxx so month and year?
Any suggestions for a combination that might work? None that I tried.
If it wasn't for the legacy free banking.....

The only wrong detail was that it said I was unemployed. I tried to
change that to retired, but then it asked for my salary. Since I'm
retired, I don't have a salary. Eventually, on the third attempt, it
changed to retired, but it still asked for my salary. And date of
starting self employment. I'm not self employed, 'cos I'm retired, see?
I suppose I could enter my income, but why should I? It's none of their
business, but if they really want to know they can look at the money
going into my account, unless they think I receive cash in hand for
services rendered, but it I do it's none of their business.

Quite! My income was displayed as 50,001 which has to be an outright
guess as there is only pension money going to that account.

Had this not popped up at the end of a normal payment session, I would
have jumped out fast.

NatWest have advised not using stored log in addresses.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

A follow on from their exhaustive sign in to pay a bill.

Do you have a Barclays PINsentry unit?

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

A follow on from their exhaustive sign in to pay a bill.

Do you have a Barclays PINsentry unit?

If that is what it is called, Yes. Card reader for Barclays and another
for NatWest.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 20:56:53 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

A follow on from their exhaustive sign in to pay a bill.

Do you have a Barclays PINsentry unit?

If that is what it is called, Yes. Card reader for Barclays and another
for NatWest.

--
Tim Lamb

I believe that all banks use the same, but differently branded, card-readers.

Jonathan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonathan wrote:

I believe that all banks use the same, but differently branded,
card-readers.

Certainly the Barclays and Natwest ones are interchangeable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-21, Jonathan wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 20:56:53 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim
Streater writes
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

Docusign spit!

Barclays wish me to confirm my details for security reasons. Fair
enough but the electronic form used is a pile of poo!

How d'ye know it's them?

A follow on from their exhaustive sign in to pay a bill.

Do you have a Barclays PINsentry unit?

If that is what it is called, Yes. Card reader for Barclays and
another for NatWest.

--
Tim Lamb

I believe that all banks use the same, but differently branded,
card-readers.

NatWest and Barclays do. HSBC don't use card readers at all; they use
these;

https://www.vasco.com/products/two-f...tors/hardware/

transaction-data-signing/pin-protected/digipass-270.html

One of the building societies I use requires the use of a small card with
columns A-J and rows 1-5. You are asked for the letter/digit in three
locations on the card.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Tim Lamb, Ann wrote:
Same problem nothing works