DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rexon scroll saw - any good? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/5969-rexon-scroll-saw-any-good.html)

David Kerr February 9th 04 02:06 PM

Rexon scroll saw - any good?

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap(ish) but good quality scroll saw for
hobby work. Saw that Screwfix do the Rexon SS16A 2 speed
model with 400mm capacity for £99.99

Has anyone used/owned one of these machines? Any good?

ps: have just noticed that B&Q are selling them for £79.98
Maybe this is indicative of their quality - i.e. hobbyist rather
than serious professional standard?

TIA,

David

PoP February 9th 04 05:55 PM

Rexon scroll saw - any good?

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:06:30 -0000, "David Kerr"
wrote:

I'm looking for a cheap(ish) but good quality scroll saw for
hobby work. Saw that Screwfix do the Rexon SS16A 2 speed
model with 400mm capacity for £99.99

If you don't get any useful replies here you might like to ask this
question on the Screwfix talk carpentry forum. There's a guy who goes
by the name of Wolf who seems to know his stuff about all manner of
carpentry equipment.

I'm not wishing to take anything away from this forum, it's simply
another avenue worth exploring.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.