DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Consumer unit and air conditioning (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/5958-consumer-unit-air-conditioning.html)

Alex H February 9th 04 01:30 AM

Consumer unit and air conditioning

We are about to install a new consumer unit for the office circuits, which
includes 3 air conditioning units on separate 20amp C type fuses.

Should we place the air conditioning units on a separate consumer unit to the
lights and the rings mains sockets or is it ok to used just one consumer unit?

Thanks for your help.

--
Alex Harris
Remove NEWS to reply

JhnWil876 February 9th 04 01:47 AM

Consumer unit and air conditioning

Subject: Consumer unit and air conditioning
From: EWS (Alex H)
Date: 09/02/04 01:30 GMT Standard Time

Should we place the air conditioning units on a separate consumer unit to the
lights and the rings mains sockets or is it ok to used just one consumer
unit?

I really dont know what the IEE guidelines are, I always thought that it was a
good idea to put the lighting on a lighting only circuit so that if anything
blew/tripped , then you could see in the dark and not fall over.

Also what current does the AC draw?

John.

Lurch February 9th 04 08:55 PM

On 09 Feb 2004 01:30:35 GMT, EWS (Alex H) wrote:

We are about to install a new consumer unit for the office circuits, which
includes 3 air conditioning units on separate 20amp C type fuses.

Should we place the air conditioning units on a separate consumer unit to the
lights and the rings mains sockets or is it ok to used just one consumer unit?

It'll be perfectly acceptable to put them all on one CU.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.