Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for less green after brexit!

alan_m wrote:

The greenies see this as the solution to storing (excess) energy from
solar and wind turbines by using the batteries in electric cars. It
was suggested that with smart power distribution that cars couldn't
be charged if there was insufficient output from renewable green
energy generators.

Will I have to dash out and unplug my PHEV when it's full, so that Doris
down the road doesn't start sucking charge out of it for her
tumble-drying before I set off for work?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2017 22:00, Andy Burns wrote:
alan_m wrote:

The greenies see this as the solution to storing (excess) energy from
solar and wind turbines by using the batteries in electric cars. It
was suggested that with smart power distribution that cars couldn't
be charged if there was insufficient output from renewable green
energy generators.

Will I have to dash out and unplug my PHEV when it's full, so that Doris
down the road doesn't start sucking charge out of it for her
tumble-drying before I set off for work?

No, not unless you have agreed to the sale of your electricity.

However you may have your charger switched off when Doris switches on
her dryer. Or pay more for using electricity at peak demand.

---