DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   So much for less green after brexit! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/593901-so-much-less-green-after-brexit.html)

alan_m August 1st 17 09:54 PM

So much for less green after brexit!

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 29/07/2017 02:56, wrote:
On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 4:17:52 PM UTC+8, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

at the moment there is about 8 hours of low demand betwen 11pm and 7
a.m.

when everybody is charging their electric cars, that will become peak
hours!!

And the greenies are advocating that charging cars can _only_ happen
when the wind blows or the sun shines!

You've made that up.

No, it was on news at 10?? the other day. The greenies see this as the
solution to storing (excess) energy from solar and wind turbines by
using the batteries in electric cars. It was suggested that with smart
power distribution that cars couldn't be charged if there was
insufficient output from renewable green energy generators.

Andy Burns[_13_] August 1st 17 10:00 PM

alan_m wrote:

The greenies see this as the solution to storing (excess) energy from
solar and wind turbines by using the batteries in electric cars. It
was suggested that with smart power distribution that cars couldn't
be charged if there was insufficient output from renewable green
energy generators.

Will I have to dash out and unplug my PHEV when it's full, so that Doris
down the road doesn't start sucking charge out of it for her
tumble-drying before I set off for work?

Dennis@home August 1st 17 11:11 PM

On 01/08/2017 22:00, Andy Burns wrote:
alan_m wrote:

The greenies see this as the solution to storing (excess) energy from
solar and wind turbines by using the batteries in electric cars. It
was suggested that with smart power distribution that cars couldn't
be charged if there was insufficient output from renewable green
energy generators.

Will I have to dash out and unplug my PHEV when it's full, so that Doris
down the road doesn't start sucking charge out of it for her
tumble-drying before I set off for work?

No, not unless you have agreed to the sale of your electricity.

However you may have your charger switched off when Doris switches on
her dryer. Or pay more for using electricity at peak demand.

---