Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT More on Brexit

On 25/07/2017 19:35, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Andy Burns
wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

I can't see how this is any different to washing out a baby's bottle
with Milton which is based on sodium hypochlorite aka standard household
bleach.

Do people avoid eating American chicken if they go there (or anywhere
that imports from there) on holidays?

I expect Tarquin takes his own chicken with him.

And chokes it when he gets there?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2017 20:20, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:42:13 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea

I don't eat meat, so haven't got a cock in this fight, but ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/ignore-the-scare-stories-from-remainers-over-chlorinated-chicken

That article is misleading. It ignores a basic, fundamental fact.
Properly produced, fresh meat does not need chlorine.

Chlorine is bad for the individual and bad for the environment.

A considerable number of factions would be dead against these
products, The Brexit connection simply means that products of this
nature are going to flood the British market without due regard for
the risks.

Americans are not nice when it comes to business, it's cash first and
worry about the consequences after,

AB

you don't have to buy it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

Presumably Mr Biscuit-Barrel is unaware that bagged salad, freely
available in supermarkets, is chlorinated.

Certainly bags of prepared carrots (sticks) seem to be washed in
something. We've had some from Waitrose that stank of what smelled like
a mixture of vinegar and formic acid^, and were inedible.
*Maybe it WAS chlorine.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:51:36 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:35:19 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Food apart, I couldn't even chlorinate final effluent due to the
contamination of the organic matter.

Final effluent isn't a foodstuff. Rancid American chicken portions
are.

OOI, why should they be rancid. Do you think Americans would eat
rancid chicken, or Brits for that matter? If they have a bad taste,
either because they are rancid or because they taste of chlorine, no
one is going to buy them, either here or over there.

AIUI, the chicken carcasses get washed in bleach shortly after they've
been killed and plucked, the object being to kill bacteria on the
surface. I remember seeing Heston Blumenthal on TV a few years ago,
demonstrating the slow, low-temperature cooking of chicken. He
stressed that the bacteria were on the surface, not within the
carcass, and he flamed the surface with a blowlamp to kill them,
suggesting that the US practice has some justification.

So what's not to like about chlorine-washed chicken?

Tarquin doesn't like it. QED.

I have never ever tried it.

I have dined on home killed chicken, milk that was unpasturised and
vegetables directly from the soil.

The Farms were clean, family owned and they took great care over the
produce.

Obviously some of the contributers wouldn't give a hoot for fresh,
quality food, but that's hardly surprising.

Stuff whatever crud you wish inside you, it seems that an entire
continent is acting in accordance with my requirements, so it isn't
going to be a problem getting proper food.

On the plus point, Trump thinks he can do a fast deal, I bet the pet
food skips in the States are going to be seriously depleted soon.

Brexiters seem to have the same taste in food as they do in
newspapers.

No surprises there!

Bon Appetit!!

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I bet the pet food skips in the States are going to be seriously
depleted soon.

Like the Spanish ones?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624073
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 20:53:24 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I bet the pet food skips in the States are going to be seriously
depleted soon.

Like the Spanish ones?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624073

The difference is it's illegal in the EU.

They were caught!

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:31:01 +0100, Handsome Jack
wrote:

tim... posted

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 23:46:17 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

Ireland are planning a new second city as Dublin absorbs the financial
institutions that wish to maintain an EU presence.

Dream on. The Irish can plan whatever they like but they're still on
the
bones of their arse and will have to raise taxes pretty damn soon;
economists know this well and so do the banks! If there is an exodus of
banks from the City (yay good riddance!) Ireland is about the last
place
they'll re-settle.

actually not

it's higher up the list than Paris (too many restrictive employment
laws, taxes too high) and Frankfurt (a cultural desert)

That the French and German banks might be moving back to France and
Germany

They're not.

France is working very strongly attract the banks.

and achieving very little

doesn't not prove that the American banks will

Nobody will "move" anywhere. The most that might happen is that some
banks will set up subsidiary offices in an EU member state that they
might not have done before.

That's quite naive. If they think they are going to get a good deal
they'll relocate.

as I already stated,

Investment banking relies very heavily on economies of scale, that's why
they all accumulated in London in the first place

Unless there is a legal reason why they have to, one is no going to relocate
to France unless they all do

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Burns
writes

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...stories-from-r
emainers-over-chlorinated-chicken

Chlorine is bad for the individual and bad for the environment.

It's in water, and I gather salmonella isn't so good for you either. If
the chlorine washed meat is as white as is claimed, I'm sure you'll be
able to tell it apart from the yellow corn-fed chicken ... at a price.

We've not just got chlorine but fluorine in our water.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark wrote:
Nobody will "move" anywhere. The most that might happen is that some
banks will set up subsidiary offices in an EU member state that they
might not have done before.

That's quite naive. If they think they are going to get a good deal
they'll relocate.

They certainly will if the reason they chose London as a head office was
to give access to the EU.

no, it wasn't - only 15% of business of these banks is with the EU, and when
they came it was far less.

it was because it was in the right time zone (from an era where instant
communications did not exist) and had the right business and legal culture

It's why most banks have a third office in Tokyo, Singapore or HK

The three locations (with the US) combined give it 24 hour coverage.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:39:46 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:13:46 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...re-stories-fro
m-remaine
rs-
over-chlorinated-chicken

That article is misleading. It ignores a basic, fundamental fact.
Properly produced, fresh meat does not need chlorine.

Nice shimmy, Mr Biscuit-Barrel: you have no argument so you shift the
goal posts.

I think you miss the point. Chlorine kills bacteria and removes
smells. Like wearing hard hats or dust masks, it is far better to
remove the problem at source instead of taking precautions.

Hear that chaps? We don't actually need to wear hard hats, protective
glasses, or dust masks.

You really don't understand the "system" do you.

Basic H&S, remove the risk at source, PPE is a last resort.

Not really a mystery. The most basic operator on a civil's site would
grunt something in agreement.

You should get out more.

I think the "chaps" might be having a bit of a chuckle behind your
back incidentally

If chicken is produced in a clean hygenic environment, ...

Good luck with that.

It's chumps like you, the people that don't see the need for
regulations or standards that are a risk to us all.

If companies get away with food production in a fithy environment,
then they can undercut the company paying skilled cleaning staff.

Soon there is a shortage of honest decent suppliers, as competition
isn't possible if the market is skewed by malpractice.

Malpractice and filth needs chlorine. Clean, fresh produce doesn't.

You mean like the irradiated salads in the super markets?
Got it yet??

AB

Do wish you ******s would get a news reader which follow the regulations
you are so keen on.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Archibald Tarquin
Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken.

the problem simply arises in using the term chlorinated chicken instead of
the official term chlorine washed chicken.

the former implies to the reader that the chlorine is injected into the
chicken

I had to laugh at the the challenge that Liam Fox was given to eat
chlorinated chicken

given that he is (was) in the US at the time, I suspect that all he has to
do is walk into the nearest Denny's and select a chicken dish from the menu

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-07-25, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

Even the EU's scientists don't think there's a problem with "chlorinated
chicken". (It's no such thing, of course.) The ban is merely to protect
European chicken producers, and their reasoning ("farm to fork") is
nonsense.

Can we believe any of this though?

now many USans do you see dropping dead because they have eaten it?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-07-25, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

I can't see how this is any different to washing out a baby's bottle
with Milton which is based on sodium hypochlorite aka standard household
bleach.

Do people avoid eating American chicken if they go there (or anywhere
that imports from there) on holidays?

No.

And I find American steak better than most of what is on offer here.

me too

I'm looking forward to the possibility of buying US imported steak here

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I bet the pet food skips in the States are going to be seriously
depleted soon.

Like the Spanish ones?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624073

The difference is it's illegal in the EU.

the difference is they were selling "not fit for human consumption" meat

the fact that it was horse was incidental,

Some countries openly sell horse meat, and others in pies hidden in the
small print of the ingredients, as I discovered in The Netherlands

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

Presumably Mr Biscuit-Barrel is unaware that bagged salad, freely
available in supermarkets, is chlorinated.

Certainly bags of prepared carrots (sticks) seem to be washed in
something. We've had some from Waitrose that stank of what smelled like a
mixture of vinegar and formic acid^, and were inedible.
*Maybe it WAS chlorine.

Unlikely with carrots.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:43:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:25:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 23:51:31 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 20:05:06 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:09:27 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITbhTu2BBQ

******* like that only go to show that all those years back Charles
de
Gaulle was right to try to exclude Britain.

No One could understand how someone we gave so much assistance to,
could reject our common market membership.

Onward and upward, next stop Dublin.

Thanks Brexiters, just don't come back!

AB

Want to know how much the harry lot are costing us? Β£100 billion, that
is
life in luxuary while the NHS staff get paid peanuts. 1% pay rise for
the
best and the opposite harry lot vermin live in paradise. No wonder so
little works.

Money does not enter into it at all.

The racist bigot only sees things in terms of them and us.

As far as his ilk are concerned, I'm proud to be one of "them".

Come Brexit, I'm going to say stuff the UK.

And we will be deafened by the cheering.

I paid taxes into the system all my life and it certainly wasn't
in order to support a select few inward looking racists.

You're free to leave...

People that live and work in a place are entitled
to the same benefits as the rest of the population.

Depends on whether they are there legally or not.

Although after Brexit the true reasons for
the Conservative push will become clear.

Yeah, yeah, its those damned jews conspiring
in smoke filled rooms to shaft us all, again...

You Brexit bigots never miss a trick, do you?

I don't care if Britain leaves the EU or not.

You seem to based on many previous posts.

What matters is that the majority who bothered
to vote decided that they want Britain to leave.

A very small one, and many were mislead by lies from the Brexit
campaigns.

Zero hour contracts and no employment protection.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

No.

Yep.

The EU has very few countries with that type of contract.

Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim that the Torys
are deliberately attempting to engineer those by leaving
the EU. The Torys didn't even want Britain to leave the EU.

They seem to now.

Because that is what the majority of those who bothered to
vote said they wanted to happen and the Torys always said
that they would do what the majority who bothered to vote
said they wanted to happen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Ireland are planning a new second city as Dublin absorbs the financial
institutions that wish to maintain an EU presence.

Dream on. The Irish can plan whatever they like but they're still on
the
bones of their arse and will have to raise taxes pretty damn soon;
economists know this well and so do the banks! If there is an exodus of
banks from the City (yay good riddance!) Ireland is about the last
place
they'll re-settle.

actually not

it's higher up the list than Paris (too many restrictive employment
laws, taxes too high) and Frankfurt (a cultural desert)

That the French and German banks might be moving back to France and
Germany

They're not.

France is working very strongly attract the banks.

But will end up with **** all of them, you watch.

There are quite a few big international
banks out of the EU, not one from france.

There might just be a reason for that.

Same with germany.

doesn't not prove that the American banks will

Nobody will "move" anywhere. The most that might happen
is that some banks will set up subsidiary offices in an EU
member state that they might not have done before.

That's quite naive. If they think they are
going to get a good deal they'll relocate.

But they wont get a good deal from france or germany, you watch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Archibald Tarquin
Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

On it, actually. And its fine in the water we drink anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 21:29:14 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:39:46 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:13:46 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Hardly clean then is it?

AB

Got it yet??

AB

Do wish you ******s would get a news reader which follow the regulations
you are so keen on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:13:46 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...rom-remainers-
over-chlorinated-chicken

That article is misleading. It ignores a basic, fundamental fact.
Properly produced, fresh meat does not need chlorine.

Nice shimmy, Mr Biscuit-Barrel: you have no argument so you shift the
goal posts.

I think you miss the point.

We'll see...

Chlorine kills bacteria

Yes.

and removes smells.

Nope, it stinks very badly.

Like wearing hard hats or dust masks,

Nothing like in fact.

it is far better to remove the problem at
source instead of taking precautions.

Not even possible with chickens.

If chicken is produced in a clean hygenic environment,

Not even possible. You do realise they ****
like almost every other animal does don't you ?

chlorine is an irrellevence

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

and can only reduce the flavour

It actually improves the flavour of the
meat because it doesn't rot as much
and so have the flavour of rotten meat.

and quality of the finished product.

Ditto.

In other words it's either old stock or
produced in a filthy slaughterhouse.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 06:49:12 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 23/07/17 23:46, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Come Brexit, I'm going to say stuff the UK.

Why wait?

To maximise my cash in the UK

I am also modifying the property I live in to make it more marketable
to tenants.

And when the pound has plummeted, yet before the regulatory system
changes to allow the Americans and every other cheapskate country to
offload their toxic carcinigenic crud on the UK, I'll be gone.

Er, why would the regulatory system change to do that? And which "toxic
carcinogenic crud" did you have in mind?

The whole lot will change. The fishermen are getting geared up for
sales of the "accidental" By catch.

Maybe it didn't make the BBC, but Fox is drumming up business in the
US.

Hmm, I see you're suffering from verbal diarrhoea. Have you been to the
doctor about it?

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

As has been pointed out, you get many times more chlorine from drinking
water than you'll ever get from eating imported US chickens.

Water shouldn't contain organic material.

But does anyway if it come from a ****ing river.

If it did, no water utility would dose chlorine into it.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

The organics are ALL removed prior to dosing.

Not even possible if it comes from a river.

Food apart, I couldn't even chlorinate final effluent due to the
contamination of the organic matter.

Final effluent isn't a foodstuff. Rancid American chicken portions
are.

It isn't rancid. D'ye need a dictionary?

Of course deregulation is a wonderful tool for business, it brought us
mad cow, salmonella, antibiotic resistance, E coli.

Anyone got one of those white jackets with the long sleeves?

The Conservatives are great at deregulation, they will play a blinder
for the US business, they have a tremendous track record.

Many years back, Maggie was warned what happens when you feed dead
herbivores to live ones. As usual it was just red tape holding
business back. The only good that ever came of it was the episode
where Gummer was shown up by his daughter to be the inane useless
pillock that he was.

You think that a herbivore never ingested animal matter before then?

Not on a commercial scale, no.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 20:29:16 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:41:48 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

On 23/07/17 23:46, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Come Brexit, I'm going to say stuff the UK.

Why wait?

To maximise my cash in the UK

I am also modifying the property I live in to make it more marketable
to tenants.

And when the pound has plummeted, yet before the regulatory system
changes to allow the Americans and every other cheapskate country to
offload their toxic carcinigenic crud on the UK, I'll be gone.

No you won't, unfortunately. If you were that honest about all the
********
you talk, you'd have been long gone. Sadly, the UK will have to put up
with
you whilst you wither and decay all the while becoming an increasing
burden
on the honest citizens until you finally pop yer clogs.
A very reasoned argument. You work in the food industry? You work in
water treatment?

There were no end of thick simpletons who ignored the warnings
regarding BSE also. Mr Gummer being a notable example.

The risks from Chlorine contamination of organics are well documented.

Again simple logic when applied provides a few clues.

Many industries have gone away from chlorine to ozone for EFFLUENT
treatment.

Now why would they stop treating effluent with something nice and
cheap like a hypo solution?

Why would something deemed unfit for effluent treatment be acceptable
for the food industry?

I do love that instant response, going full blast with your stupid
inorant "righteous" indignation. You are just another flag waving
tosspot who thinks patriotism excuses the need for common sense.
What's more, your ilk will dump everything of value this country has
in order to do buy cheap substandard crud from the US.

I sincerely hope you feel good, "making America Great Again"

Am I close to being warm guessing that you don't celebrate the 4th July,
Thanksgiving and don't watch American football?

I use Allen Bradley PLC's and Mettler Toledo pH instruments.

The food industry isn't a speciality, but the snippets I have heard
about the American business approach are scary, and when it
comes to food, I don't think one country should be allowed to
produce and police new genetic strains without a balanced oversight.

How odd that Europe has been doing that for millennia now and still does.

The Irish potato famine was a prime example of what
happens when people are overly dependent on a crop
or a common feature of a range of crops.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

Its actually what happens with a mono culture or close and
the **** hits the fan with it and it's the primary source of food.

What happens when Monsanto trigger the
the botanic equivalent of the WGA program?

Not even possible.

Unfortunately in the short term, the biggest US export will be NHS
managers, they will soon be running out of customers in the states,

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

and like the tobacco companies, they will have to
go further afield to fleece the "fresh meat", because
all of their customer base have died paupers.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...

Andy Burns wrote:

I don't eat meat, so haven't got a cock in this fight, but ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/ignore-the-scare-stories-from-remainers-over-chlorinated-chicken

Chlorine is bad for the individual and bad for the environment.

It's in water, and I gather salmonella isn't so good for you either. If
the chlorine washed meat is as white as is claimed, I'm sure you'll be
able to tell it apart from the yellow corn-fed chicken ... at a price.

Give that man a kewpie doll!

It is in the water, that's correct. Before it goes in the water,
the water is filtered, treated with poly aluminum chloride,
polyelectrolytes and often goes through a dedicated filter press

Because the consumers want what looks and tastes good.

prior to dosing with hypochlorate.

Because it makes not sense to add that
earlier, it will be ****ed by that other stuff.

The catchword is organics.

That's only one of the catchwords.

Clean water isn't a risk,

But isnt that easy to come by, particularly when its
from rivers and ground water has other downsides.

although it may be a good idea to break out the
Colgate if the choppers are a bit on the slimy side.

I was surprised really, but I heard on the news about four years
or so back, that a food processing company in Birmingham was
caught recycling waste chicken. They were washing rancid fillets
with bleach and petting them back in the food chain.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that's saying something.

They were prosecuted!!

Not for washing the meat in chlorine dosed water they weren't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea

I don't eat meat, so haven't got a cock in this fight, but ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/ignore-the-scare-stories-from-remainers-over-chlorinated-chicken

That article is misleading. It ignores a basic, fundamental fact.
Properly produced, fresh meat does not need chlorine.

That is a bare faced lie with chicken.

Chlorine is bad for the individual

And yet its added to drinking water, deliberately.

Swimming pools too.

and bad for the environment.

Because they are fools who don't have a ****ing clue.

The Brexit connection simply means that products
of this nature are going to flood the British market

Great, that will see much less salmonella
which and does kill you.

without due regard for the risks.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

There are no risks, that's why we use it in drinking water and swimming
pools.

Americans are not nice when it comes to business,
it's cash first and worry about the consequences after,

Corse no pom operation ever does anything like that, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

om...

wrote:

[...]

In all honesty I really was getting a little passive regarding your
posts. I was forming the impression that your arguments were becoming
very similar in vein, in fact dare I say it, repetitive!

It is with some relief that I came across the above riveting snippet.

Keep it up! I think we all benefit from a bit of constructive
criticism.

You are saying something Rodders me old chum. You go on, assert
yourself, you deserve to be heard.

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:09:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Do you have any kind of clue what you are talking about?

AB

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

He doesn't but he's an Aussie prick, make allowances.
He built his own dwelling, you know -
http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/9da3d6dfae...ada-d8xh4c.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news:6mccncpdrd4ka062ikijij1b5s0aji3lbj@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yep,, unlike you. It just isnt economically feasible to get rid
of all organic matter from water that comes from the sort of
river that can be used as a source of water in place like Britain.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

LMFAO
It's getting a bit old now, don't you think?
Why don't you **** off and fix your dwelling place?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Idiot!

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If you say so Rodders me old chum.

Once again, many thanks for the input.

Onward and Upward Old bean.

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:11:50 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:04:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

****wit!!

And even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that its even more completely impossible to get rid of any organics
in swimming pools and that once you have drunk the water out of
the ****ing tap, it might just be in contact with lots of organics.
Same with when you take a ****ing shower or bath.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news:rhgcnc19dlvposl63ue8862b52s340j4oh@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Ireland is just what you need.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tim... wrote:
They certainly will if the reason they chose London as a head office
was to give access to the EU.

no, it wasn't - only 15% of business of these banks is with the EU, and
when they came it was far less.

Right - so an increasing share of their business is to be thrown away?

What you would need to know is what percentage of their business comes
from being based in the UK, rather than the EU.

--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
They certainly will if the reason they chose London as a head office
was to give access to the EU.

no, it wasn't - only 15% of business of these banks is with the EU, and
when they came it was far less.

Right - so an increasing share of their business is to be thrown away?

It's not being "thrown away". It's being traded for a different set of
benefits

What you would need to know is what percentage of their business comes
from being based in the UK, rather than the EU.

As the banks chose to base themselves in the UK, all of it

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

On it, actually. And its fine in the water we drink anyway.

It might not kill me

but the taste is most certainly not "fine"

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I bet the pet food skips in the States are going to be seriously
depleted soon.

Like the Spanish ones?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624073

The difference is it's illegal in the EU.

the difference is they were selling "not fit for human consumption" meat

the fact that it was horse was incidental,

Some countries openly sell horse meat, and others in pies hidden in the
small print of the ingredients, as I discovered in The Netherlands

tim

I really like horsemeat.

--
€œit should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted
In article ,
tim... wrote:
They certainly will if the reason they chose London as a head office
was to give access to the EU.

no, it wasn't - only 15% of business of these banks is with the EU, and
when they came it was far less.

Right - so an increasing share of their business is to be thrown away?

No business will be thrown away. UK-based banks will continue to do
business with customers in EU member states.

--
Jack