Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:01:05 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:25:07 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message news On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:35:39 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:23:13 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:02:09 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 21:42:13 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:56:22 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:15:20 +0100,
wrote:

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 09:47:19 UTC+1, GB wrote:
Many countries require swimming pools to be fenced.
And here's a coroner calling for it to be mandatory in this
country:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti.../Coroner-calls
-new-law-fence-garden-swimming-pools-adventurous-boy-drowned-birthday.html

Many states in the USA not only require a fence but also an
emergency telephone.

The USA is over the top in everything. Everything is always
someone
else's fault.

I do not have kids, I hate the little monsters. I do not have a
pool,
but if I did then I can fully appreciate that I have a duty of care.

No you don't. They're not your kids. If they were, you would teach
them to swim.

I would guess that many of you would take a different view if one of
your kids fell into her pool.

If my kids fell into her pool, it would be my fault or my kids'
fault,
not hers. Take responsibility for your own actions!

When I were a lad, we didn't have child molesters spreading fear and
horror amongst tabloid readers, so we wandered around freely,
fences
and water in particular was fair game for all kinds of adventures.

There are no more molesters now than there were then, we just make
more
fuss about it, and morons like you believe the tabloids.

I still remember a friend suspended over a gaping hole in a derelict
factory roof when the center asbestos panel plummeted to the floor
many meters below.

Children dont play by the same rules as adults, they need
protection.

Do they ****. They need to look after themselves, or be taught to do
so. Survival of the fittest and/or most intelligent. Stop
protecting
the morons, or the next generation will have more of them.

I sincerely hope that no one's negligence regarding security leads
a death or injury, but if it did, I would certainly hope that the
courts provide a suitable deterrant for further episodes.

I am referring only to accidental injuries and drownings
incidentally.

The nasty little morons that scream, shout and run around
supermarkets
and the like could be thrown into the nearest pool. A few pirhana
would help make the episode a little more satisfying.

Go live in America, we don't want childish little ****wits like you
here any more. The only person to blame for dying is that person
themselves. Fall over something, you should have looked where you're
going, don't blame the person who made the path. ****'s sake crawl
back into your little lawyer hole.

I can sympathise with your approach.

I am of the opinion that H&S regulations mean that people who should
not soil the planet with their genes are being artificially propogated
by the actions of the HSE.

Like it or not, we do have a duty of care however. You can shout about
it and stamp your feet as much as you wish, but you also share that
duty of care to ensure that your actions are carried out in a manner
that provides reasonable care for those you or your activities impinge
upon.

Only in your warped opinion. If you fall down a hole, you should have
looked where you were putting your own two feet. Stop expecting
everyone
else to do everything for you. You're a pathetic waste of space.

I would hazard a guess that being thick wouldn't go too far legally,
so if I were you, I'd play it safe and buy the fencing.

If someone else's kid falls into my pond or pool, he shouldn't have been
in my garden, so it's his fault.

If my own kid falls in, he'd have been taught how to swim in the first
place.

I have little doubt that "swimming" would be entirely natural.

It isnt for all of them, some just sink to the bottom.

We were discussing one individual who's genetic makeup didn't
facillitate progress to much more than s out of the
primordial soup.

We were discussing ponds and pools and young kids.

Maybe he'd need a bit of help crawling out though.

Duty of care begins with YOURSELF, and ends there.

The law of the land would have a differing opinion methinks.

Not with common stuff like garden pools.

I'm afraid it depends on the circumstances.

Nope.

"common stuff" wouldn't stand up in court at all.

Bull**** it wouldn't with ponds.

Basically the questions are, was it a danger and
was every reasonable care taken to prevent injury.

Bull**** with ponds.

The injured party could be a child an adult, even
a thief with no right to be on the premises anyway.

More pig ignorant drivel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...claim-damages-
for-injuries-1581241.html

Just because some fool journo claims something...

Suit yourself.

If you care to apply logic though, a pond is nothing more than an
extremely soggy hole.

If you look at the lengths the utility companies go to to ensure that
public and holes are separated, you then have to wonder how the
addition of water makes them so much more safe if a pond is so immune
from any responsibility on the part of the owner.

I remember dealing with a couple of people like yourself when
designing a guard for a pump once. When it came to the installation
the fitter wanted to take short cuts, his words were "no one would be
daft enough to put their hand there".

Basically that's why my pay grade considerably exceeds that of the
fitter.

AB

Perhaps we should ban people with ponds from having children.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 22:10:59 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 22:01:57 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 21/07/2017 21:12, ARW wrote:
It's still there covering their pond 12 years later. And last year we
caught the youngest one doing a "David Blaine I can walk across water
trick" on top of it.

When I was little I got stuck under the safety cover on my
grandparent's pond. Luckily not under the water.

But there's been a pond in my garden since time immemorial (at least
300 years). Next they'll want to fence all the streams, rivers and the
coast...

https://d3ltpfxjzvda6e.cloudfront.ne...n_a_Bubble.jpg

It's dangerous outside. You must never go outside. You could get wet,
cold, fall over, all sorts of nasty things could happen. Best you stay
inside and protected from mother nature. Humans can't handle nature.

There might be an earthquake and the house collapses on top of you

I was surprised to find the number of houses with only one door to exit. All this fuss about other safety, and the most important thing - escaping - is overlooked. Not that I'm pro safety whatsoever, I'm just saying it's in the wrong order. I'd always though houses all had a front and a back door.

--
Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 23:12:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 23:02:48 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On 20/07/17 02:02, Fredxxx wrote:
I just got asked to sign a petition requiring everybody to install a
lockable fence around their garden pond incase their child (or someone
else's) falls into it.

Many thanks, sounds a good cause. It's got my vote.
Co9mplte;ly ****inmgh clueless.

My old house is 300 yards away from any other house, and has no childern
wandering in it.

WTF should I have to install a fence

Tyopical 'it works for me so I will force it on every one else'
Lefty/Remoaner attitide.

It'd pretty well ruin the aesthetics of having a pond at all too.

An electric fence would be less visible, and funnier to watch the kids touching it.

yes especailly if waters nearby hours worth of yuotube videos to be made.

--
The Official MBA Handbook on business cards: Avoid overly pretentious job titles such as "Lord of the Realm, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India" or "Director of Corporate Planning."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cats are funny: https://youtu.be/Z8DqqPto9lw

--
A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 15:04:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Not as funny as some students

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY2ZMvuSEv4

And here's a warning for you. ;-)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-head-10218045

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:32:09 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

He appeared to be doing that on purpose, it's niot like there was something else to jump over.

And here's a warning for you. ;-)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-head-10218045

His name is Chris Evans, enough said.

Sounds like he FELL (down some stairs maybe?), not just bumped into it. So why isn't that nurse in jail for manslaughter?

--
Pub sign: Liquor in the front, poker in the rear.