Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar power - no **** Sherlock

"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40058074

Not my grammatical error as I copied and pasted.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"ARW" wrote in message
news
"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40058074

Not my grammatical error as I copied and pasted.

Yes, the author evidently half-changed "due to" to "because of" (or
vice-versa).

I think it was one of the Inspector Morse books where Sergeant Lewis
couldn't decide which was correct, "owing to" or "due to", and Morse advised
him "just use 'because of', then you'll always be correct". I can never
remember the rule, either, so I follow Morse's advice :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/26/2017 7:19 PM, NY wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
news
"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40058074

Not my grammatical error as I copied and pasted.

Yes, the author evidently half-changed "due to" to "because of" (or
vice-versa).

I think it was one of the Inspector Morse books where Sergeant Lewis
couldn't decide which was correct, "owing to" or "due to", and Morse
advised him "just use 'because of', then you'll always be correct". I
can never remember the rule, either, so I follow Morse's advice :-)

That particular usage would be incorrect. There are three correct ways
to use it:

The cancellation, due to rain, of the Lords test match

Wages are due to you at the end of the month

(and another one which I can't remember)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2017 18:47, ARW wrote:
"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40058074

Not my grammatical error as I copied and pasted.

wonder if the highest output of wind turbines happened on a windy day ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 26 May 2017 18:47:29 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

Oh good.

It can power all the fans I've got going on full blast in the hope of cooling the house down enough so I can get to sleep before I get woken up at 6 am.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/17 22:57, rick wrote:
On 26/05/2017 18:47, ARW wrote:
"A National Grid spokeswoman said the record level of solar power was
achieved largely because of to the clear and sunny weather on Friday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40058074

Not my grammatical error as I copied and pasted.

wonder if the highest output of wind turbines happened on a windy day ?

Oddly, on a not quite windy day.

Too windy and thee ****ers shut down