Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tassimo coffee maker blocked

Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...d-1211493-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/05/2017 13:14, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Buy a new one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Linda wrote:

Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Try a stronger solution of de-scaler, made with hot water, left overnight

Buy a new one?

If not successful, that's about the level of it, a chance to upgrade to
a bean-to-cup machine, I've bought several "refurb" machines (for self
and family) from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bean-to-Cup/232347516604

if you keep an eye out for a week or so, you ought to "win" one for
around £100, depending if you want plastic or chrome finish ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/17 13:14, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Throw the ****ing expensive load of crap in the trash bin where it
belongs and buy one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-Twin-...dp/B00004SPEU/

and one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitchenCraf...dp/B000VDBL5E/

And one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aicok-Stain...dp/B06WW1T5XT/

And some of these

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod.../?id=279793203

and if you hanker for a cappuccino, go to star****s, and get ****ed

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 May 2017 14:04:47 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

GB wrote:

Linda wrote:

Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through.
I've cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Try a stronger solution of de-scaler, made with hot water, left
overnight

Buy a new one?

If not successful, that's about the level of it, a chance to upgrade to
a bean-to-cup machine, I've bought several "refurb" machines (for self
and family) from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bean-to-Cup/232347516604

if you keep an eye out for a week or so, you ought to "win" one for
around £100, depending if you want plastic or chrome finish ...

I have a Bosch bean-to-cup machine. No way was I getting into pods.

Rather more expensive, but it's excellent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Linda used his keyboard to write :
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Angle grinder?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/17 15:00, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Linda used his keyboard to write :
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Angle grinder?

Brick acid?

--
Of what good are dead warriors? Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 26 May 2017 13:14:05 UTC+1, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Acid should dissolve the limescale.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Linda, Bob wrote:
Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is
happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many
Tassimo machines and they are different.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...d-1211493-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 26 May 2017 20:44:06 UTC+1, Bob wrote:
replying to Linda, Bob wrote:
Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is
happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many
Tassimo machines and they are different.

True, but usually the problem & solution are the same on them all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well there surely has to be some kind of filter in there, maybe it just
needs removing and replacing.
There are so many designs for these but it seems to me that if water can go
in and not come out the place its supposed to there is a very big clue!
Of course it could be a valve that is stuck. With modern equipment its been
my experience that much of the time they want them to be unrepairable.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 26/05/2017 13:14, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Buy a new one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Linda, Bob wrote:
Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is
happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many
Tassimo machines and they are different.

True, but usually the problem & solution are the same on them all.

Why do you have to argue all the time and offer such specious objections ?

The principle Bob enunciated is perfectly sound.

In many cases when asking technical questions either on Usenet or Web
forums, questioners simply don't give sufficient details, when they should be
encouraged to do so, at every opportunity.

As a result of their not doing so, people waste their time giving answers
which aren't applicable at all, or try to guess what the questioner is talking
about. And very little if any useful information is forthcoming
at all.

In this particular case, you being the all-knowing fount of wisdom that you
clearly are, are stating for a categorical fact that the OP didn't actually
need to provide any of this information. However its doubtful if the OP will
have known that at the time. Same as anyone else lacking the in depth
knowledge of Tassimo coffee makers to which you are clearly
privy .

Anyway so as avoid any such misunderstandings in the future, given
your clearly extensive knowledge in this area. perhaps you could prepare
a list, possibly to be appended to the Wiki of appliances, tools
etc. where potential questioners won't need to give the model
number, how old it is, and exactly what is happening when asking
their question ? As it would obviously save everyone so much trouble
as compared with the questioner having to include all this information
in their original question.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/05/2017 08:35, michael adams wrote:

Anyway so as avoid any such misunderstandings in the future, given
your clearly extensive knowledge in this area. perhaps you could prepare
a list, possibly to be appended to the Wiki of appliances, tools
etc. where potential questioners won't need to give the model
number, how old it is, and exactly what is happening when asking
their question ? As it would obviously save everyone so much trouble
as compared with the questioner having to include all this information
in their original question.

michael adams

I think you are a nice guy looking to provide an optimal solution to the
OP's question, but don't forget that we are just a bunch of old farts
having a natter on the internet. We have no particular obligation to
help the OP. Especially, if the OP put very little thought into the
question posed.

Indeed, as she didn't have the nous to give basic details about the
machine or what cleaning she had done, it is highly likely that she is
unhelpable. (Hence, my suggestion to buy a new one, which is probably
the optimal solution for her.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message news
On 27/05/2017 08:35, michael adams wrote:

Anyway so as avoid any such misunderstandings in the future, given
your clearly extensive knowledge in this area. perhaps you could prepare
a list, possibly to be appended to the Wiki of appliances, tools
etc. where potential questioners won't need to give the model
number, how old it is, and exactly what is happening when asking
their question ? As it would obviously save everyone so much trouble
as compared with the questioner having to include all this information
in their original question.

michael adams

I think you are a nice guy looking to provide an optimal solution to the OP's question,

You misunderstand.

I'm not looking to provide an optimal solution to the OP's question
in any way. The question was posted via a web portal" Homeowners
Hub"., a commercial operation who leech off of this group

but don't forget that we are just a bunch of old farts

Indeed. And Bob who may or may not consider himself an old fart
enunciated a general principal -

that questioners in general should be encouraged to provide sufficient
detail so as to enable others to answer their question.

While NT who's a self proclaimed old fart, but possibily not quite as old
as other posters who maybe chose not to wallow in such a persona, which
to be honest for some people at least, gets a bit wearing after a time,
sought to question the general principle Bob was espousing.

Solely by reference to a single exception, or at least so he
claims, Tassimo Coffee makers. Now whether NT is correct in his
assertion that all Tassimo coffee makers are identical in this
regard, is totally irellevant to the validity of the general principle
Bob was espousing.

In other words, not to put to fine a point on it as is often the case
with NT, he was spouting total nonsense.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
Well there surely has to be some kind of filter in there, maybe it just
needs removing and replacing. There are so many designs for these but it
seems to me that if water can go in and not come out the place its
supposed to there is a very big clue! Of course it could be a valve that
is stuck. With modern equipment its been my experience that much of the
time they want them to be unrepairable. Brian

another answe is that there is an electrical problem so that the water is
not boiling and then being forced through the capsule.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/17 13:14, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Throw the ****ing expensive load of crap in the trash bin where it
belongs and buy one of these

And one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aicok-Stain...dp/B06WW1T5XT/

Surprised to see you recommending an "EU" kettle. I mean, only 2200
watts! That will take almost 50% longer to boil water as a decent 3000
watt one. Could be a life-saver when you are bursting for a cuppa...

Worse, it's got a button operated pop-up lid. In other words, it's crap
with built-in design failure. I've had lots of makes of kettles with
those spring-loaded lids which have all failed after a few years. And
they've all proved irrepairable.

You need something like this:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5984901

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Linda, Bob wrote:

Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is
happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many
Tassimo machines and they are different.

True, but usually the problem & solution are the same on them all.

Why do you have to argue all the time

do you think all advice here is good?

and offer such specious objections ?

The principle Bob enunciated is perfectly sound.

yes and no. It's one of those repair jobs where almost 100% of the time the blockage is limescale, and acid is what fixes it. So you can get into the details but practically it's pointless, the best thing is to descale it, and only if that fails to look more closely at what's going on - or bin it.

In many cases when asking technical questions either on Usenet or Web
forums, questioners simply don't give sufficient details,

very true

when they should be
encouraged to do so, at every opportunity.

every? You can waste their time if you want.

As a result of their not doing so, people waste their time giving answers
which aren't applicable at all, or try to guess what the questioner is talking
about. And very little if any useful information is forthcoming
at all.

In this particular case, you being the all-knowing fount of wisdom that you
clearly are,

now you're being silly

are stating for a categorical fact that the OP didn't actually
need to provide any of this information.

at this point they don't, as I've explained why.

However its doubtful if the OP will
have known that at the time. Same as anyone else lacking the in depth
knowledge of Tassimo coffee makers to which you are clearly
privy .

Knowing that around 99% of coffee maker blockages are limescale is just repair basics knowledge.

Anyway so as avoid any such misunderstandings in the future, given
your clearly extensive knowledge in this area. perhaps you could prepare
a list, possibly to be appended to the Wiki of appliances, tools
etc. where potential questioners won't need to give the model
number, how old it is, and exactly what is happening when asking
their question ?

feel free to waste your time on that

As it would obviously save everyone so much trouble
as compared with the questioner having to include all this information
in their original question.

you can debate what is 99% likely to be irrelevant with the OP if you want.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 27 May 2017 09:14:05 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"GB" wrote in message news
[...]

once again you fail to get the facts or conclusions right and end up wasting people's time. You like doing that don't you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/17 08:31, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well there surely has to be some kind of filter in there, maybe it just
needs removing and replacing.
There are so many designs for these but it seems to me that if water can go
in and not come out the place its supposed to there is a very big clue!
Of course it could be a valve that is stuck. With modern equipment its been
my experience that much of the time they want them to be unrepairable.
Brian

Brian, my soon to be exes in-laws bought half a dozen coffee machines
they threw at me because they blocked.

All different makes. All I tried to descale. I am not bad at fixing
stuff. Not one ever worked again.

Lie the Nutribullet my wife burned the bearings out of on day one, they
are fashionable **** that is not designed to work beyond the duration of
the national advertising campaign.

Unless you are prepared to spend thousands on a pro machine, they are
simply not worth buying.

--
But what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!

Mary Wollstonecraft

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/17 09:13, michael adams wrote:
The question was posted via a web portal" Homeowners
Hub"., a commercial operation who leech off of this group

Which is why one should be as obscene and dismissive as possible so the
****s **** off and so does their user base

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 27 May 2017 12:48:06 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 27/05/17 09:13, michael adams wrote:
The question was posted via a web portal" Homeowners
Hub"., a commercial operation who leech off of this group

Which is why one should be as obscene and dismissive as possible so the
****s **** off and so does their user base

or you could tell them how to get here sensibly. It's not the user's fault that they stumbled on a portal that they don't yet know is dodgy.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Brian, my soon to be exes in-laws bought half a dozen coffee machines
they threw at me because they blocked.

All different makes. All I tried to descale. I am not bad at fixing
stuff. Not one ever worked again.

Very little of the acid gets right into the end of the tube where the
blockage is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/05/2017 09:55, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 26/05/17 13:14, Linda wrote:
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Throw the ****ing expensive load of crap in the trash bin where it
belongs and buy one of these

And one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aicok-Stain...dp/B06WW1T5XT/

Surprised to see you recommending an "EU" kettle. I mean, only 2200
watts! That will take almost 50% longer to boil water as a decent 3000
watt one. Could be a life-saver when you are bursting for a cuppa...

Worse, it's got a button operated pop-up lid. In other words, it's crap
with built-in design failure. I've had lots of makes of kettles with
those spring-loaded lids which have all failed after a few years. And
they've all proved irrepairable.

You need something like this:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5984901

Agree that the simpler the lid, the better.

We have one of these - very cheap and simple.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9098415

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/26/2017 2:04 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

Linda wrote:

Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Try a stronger solution of de-scaler, made with hot water, left overnight

Buy a new one?

If not successful, that's about the level of it, a chance to upgrade to
a bean-to-cup machine, I've bought several "refurb" machines (for self
and family) from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bean-to-Cup/232347516604

if you keep an eye out for a week or so, you ought to "win" one for
around £100, depending if you want plastic or chrome finish ...

I have one of these (but bought from new), highly recommended!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/26/2017 3:21 PM, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2017 15:03:58 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 26/05/17 15:00, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Linda used his keyboard to write :
Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've
cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Angle grinder?

Brick acid?

:-)

Caustic soda might actually be more effective, or just a prolonged
soak in strong bicarb, on the basis that the blockage probably
consists of coffee grounds bound together with tannins, aka tannic
acid, soluble in alkali.

Probably not coffee grounds in a Tassimo, though. May contain aluminium
alloy castings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/05/2017 21:54, Chris Hogg wrote:

Perhaps the OP should just get a French press. Not much to go wrong
there.

Aeropress is good.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Linda, Bob wrote:

Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is
happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many
Tassimo machines and they are different.

True, but usually the problem & solution are the same on them all.

Why do you have to argue all the time

do you think all advice here is good?

Coming from you, you mean ?

You really need to ask ?

and offer such specious objections ?

The principle Bob enunciated is perfectly sound.

yes and no.

Either it is or it isn't.

If you're saying it isn't then according to you questioners needn't bother giving any
details
at all.

But only about things you happen to know about - at least so you claim.

Maybe in this case they shouldn't even have bothered mentioning its a coffee maker ?

Maybe they could have just said "it isn't working ", while you and your fellow
fogeys could have spent the next three or four days trying to guess
what the OP was referring to, with, as is often the case on Usenet,
no further input from the OP at all.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Linda, Bob wrote:

[...]

welcome to the idiot filter again. plonk.