Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cats

"T i m" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 23 May 2017 19:00:18 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 23/05/2017 01:27, T i m wrote:

I was considering doping the water with some form of vivid die or
strong smell that they can traipse back over their 'owners' homes but
a friendly neighbour must have got there first with some nice black
grease or some such on the top of his fence ... ;-)

As it is impossible to reason with a cat owner

I think there must be a hidden back room at the vets where new cat
owners have some sort of 'treatment' to remove any civil rationality
when it comes to cats ... ? ;-(

re-cycling old engine oil
gets their attention.

I'm surprised it does. Even when 'Mr Tiddles' knocks a can of Cola
into their expensive laptop, or expensive vase off the mantle piece
they just seem to think it's 'cute'. ;-(

Maybe we (non cat owners) don't find it's so cute because all our
insurance premiums go up. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Seems like you cat haters spend a great deal of time focussing on cats.
Obviously cats fill a need in your sad little lives, but seriously, don't
you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

What is a garden bird?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

What is a garden bird?

A bird in your ****ing garden, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 19:44, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 19:38, ARW wrote:
On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

We have lots of birds.
I agree the hedgehogs disappeared when sever of the neighbours put
concrete gravel boards around all the gardens.

We tried leaving tunnels but there is nowhere for them to go.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/17 19:22, Richard wrote:
don't you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

The mind boggles, sitting at the table outpouring a glass for a familiar
feline.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 20:05, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/05/2017 19:38, ARW wrote:
On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

We have lots of birds.
I agree the hedgehogs disappeared when sever of the neighbours put
concrete gravel boards around all the gardens.

We tried leaving tunnels but there is nowhere for them to go.

We have concrete gravel boards and no tunnels, but used to have an open
passage along the side of the house which gave access to numerous
gardens. That is now blocked with wooden gates since we inherited a
tortoise that roams freely around the garden during the warm months. I'm
not sure how much longer it can last though, when my m-i-l and f-i-l
were given it the vet estimated that it was 60 to 70 years old ... and
that was forty-odd years ago!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/17 13:05, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 04:55:20 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 12:23:04 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 03:11:43 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 22 May 2017 17:47:33 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 08:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

This is why using Lion Dung is supposed to work to deter them of
course.

A shotgun works better.

Really, you sit around for 24/7 waiting to shoot a cat.

I shoot them with a water pistol.

but you still wait around 24/7. Seems more than a full time job to be
haven't you anything better to do with yuor time ?
Most cats prefer hunting at night too.

I don't wait around 24/7. If I see a cat about to **** in my garden I
will shoot it with the water pistol. Maybe it will think twice before
using my garden again.

Why is even a single cat belonging to someone
else ****ting in your garden acceptable?

that's what they do it's like birds also ****ting in your garden.

No. Birds are wild, Cats are pets.

Cats adopt humans as staff and it;s difficult to train a cat, dogs
need friends
and will do what they can to please you whereas cats have a mind of
their own and do what they want.

But, IMHO, if people have pets they should take responsibility for
them. If cats cannot be controlled, then people should not have them
for pets.

If only that principle applied to children

Applause

Q Are they still children at 18?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/05/17 19:22, Richard wrote:
don't you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

The mind boggles, sitting at the table outpouring a glass for a
familiar feline.

The cat could be also "focussing" on the wine instead of the antifreeze.
What a pillock this "Richard" really is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 19:38, ARW wrote:
On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

We have lots of birds.
I agree the hedgehogs disappeared when sever of the neighbours put
concrete gravel boards around all the gardens.

We tried leaving tunnels but there is nowhere for them to go.

It's all turning into fences with gravel boards around here as well.

And all the new builds I work on are exactly the same. Clinically clean
and they have no prospect for any wildlife at all - they cannot even
attract a butterfly.

Although I have an excuse NOT to trim my back garden hedge ATM. Looks
like there is a bird nesting there. That's my excuse for not trimming it
last weekend and my excuse for not trimming it this forthcoming Bank
Holiday and I sticking to it-

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark
writes
wrote:

On Monday, 22 May 2017 17:47:33 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 08:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

This is why using Lion Dung is supposed to work to deter them of course.

A shotgun works better.

Really, you sit around for 24/7 waiting to shoot a cat.

I shoot them with a water pistol.

Why is even a single cat belonging to someone
else ****ting in your garden acceptable?

that's what they do it's like birds also ****ting in your garden.

No. Birds are wild, Cats are pets.

But classified a non-controllable animals, so next to wild.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark
writes

wrote:

[...]

They're animals who have adopted their owners for their own selfish
purposes.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
writes
On 23/05/2017 11:11, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 22 May 2017 17:47:33 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 08:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

This is why using Lion Dung is supposed to work to deter them of course.

A shotgun works better.

Really, you sit around for 24/7 waiting to shoot a cat.

You trap them first! No need to wait around as the traps can be
inspected weekly.

Why is even a single cat belonging to someone
else ****ting in your garden acceptable?

that's what they do it's like birds also ****ting in your garden.

No, one is the action of wildlife the other is the result of an
anti-social pet owner.

A pet owner ****ting in your garden is certainly anti-social
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
harry wrote:
On Sunday, 21 May 2017 21:19:37 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The 30 year old, 20 stone, 7 foot tall, unemployable imbecile, still
living with his parents next door has got a new cat. The other cats
have all died :-)
He was telling me that he is very upset that his stinking cat will
only **** in the litter tray in his house and that it should ****
elsewhere. I asked him where. He said that he did not care.
I told him that my dog does not nip out and **** in his garden and
that if his stinking cat ****s in my garden I WILL kill it.
His mouth opened and closed several times, then he walked away.
Typical cowardly cat owner. He is also a poverty cyclist.

Cats are useful in the garden.
They catch mice and moles.

I have yet to see a mouse, its droppings or a mole in my garden.

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017 09:41:25 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 21:19:37 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The 30 year old, 20 stone, 7 foot tall, unemployable imbecile,
still living with his parents next door has got a new cat. The
other cats have all died :-)
He was telling me that he is very upset that his stinking cat will
only **** in the litter tray in his house and that it should ****
elsewhere. I asked him where. He said that he did not care.
I told him that my dog does not nip out and **** in his garden and
that if his stinking cat ****s in my garden I WILL kill it.
His mouth opened and closed several times, then he walked away.
Typical cowardly cat owner. He is also a poverty cyclist.

Cats are useful in the garden.
They catch mice and moles.

Cats are far more of a pest than mice.

HA!
About 3 years ago whilst weeding my garden I ended up with my kneeling mat
full of cat **** and my jeans full of cat ****.
The mat went into the bin.
The cat **** parts of my jeans were cut out and chucked into the cat owners
garden. He saw me do it and never said a word.

Probably thinking what a dick.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Nope, he was scared of confrontation. I was up for it.
He is a yellow spineless **** all. Typical cat owner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 May 2017 20:44:45 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/05/17 19:22, Richard wrote:
don't you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

The mind boggles, sitting at the table outpouring a glass for a
familiar feline.

The cat could be also "focussing" on the wine instead of the antifreeze.
What a pillock this "Richard" really is.

I think he's another Linux geek so already about as 'sad' as you can
get. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 01:27, T i m wrote:

I was considering doping the water with some form of vivid die or
strong smell that they can traipse back over their 'owners' homes but
a friendly neighbour must have got there first with some nice black
grease or some such on the top of his fence ... ;-)

As it is impossible to reason with a cat owner

I think there must be a hidden back room at the vets where new cat
owners have some sort of 'treatment' to remove any civil rationality
when it comes to cats ... ? ;-(

re-cycling old engine oil
gets their attention.

I'm surprised it does. Even when 'Mr Tiddles' knocks a can of Cola
into their expensive laptop, or expensive vase off the mantle piece
they just seem to think it's 'cute'. ;-(

Maybe we (non cat owners) don't find it's so cute because all our
insurance premiums go up. ;-(

Top tip for cat owners. Don't leave a full can of cola next to an
expensive laptop. It's not hard to do.

And why the **** would anyone want an expensive vase?

If you want stuff destroying then get labradoodles.

--

Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message news

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/05/17 19:22, Richard wrote:
don't you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

The mind boggles, sitting at the table outpouring a glass for a
familiar feline.

The cat could be also "focussing" on the wine instead of the antifreeze.
What a pillock this "Richard" really is.

How much do you poofreaders charge?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/05/17 19:22, Richard wrote:
don't you have anything better to do than wine like little pussies?

The mind boggles, sitting at the table outpouring a glass for a
familiar feline.

The cat could be also "focussing" on the wine instead of the antifreeze.
What a pillock this "Richard" really is.

I think he's another Linux geek so already about as 'sad' as you can
get.

Learn how to read headers instead of giving head.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

'cos all your secrets would be out there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yeah. Arse lubed up and in the air.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 23:08, alan_m wrote:
On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

We had moles all over one of our lawns for about two years, we did
nothing and then they disappeared and haven't seen any mole hills since.
Moles are constantly on the move.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Are they called hedgehogs because they like hedges? I never actually noticed the first 5 letters were the same. Never seen one in a hedge, just sat in the middle of my lawn.

Hang on, you have fences.

--
Capitalism: Man exploiting man.
Socialism: The reverse.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

We had moles all over one of our lawns for about two years, we did
nothing and then they disappeared and haven't seen any mole hills since.
Moles are constantly on the move.

Sometimes they dig all the way through the earth's crust. How do you think volcanoes start?

--
I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. -- Arthur C. Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Are they called hedgehogs because they like hedges?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog

The name hedgehog came into use around the year 1450, derived from the
Middle English heyghoge, from heyg, hegge ("hedge"), because it
frequents
hedgerows, and hoge, hogge ("hog"), from its piglike snout.[4]

4 Oxford English Dictionary, Online edition. Retrieved 13 July 2007.

I never actually noticed the first 5 letters were the same.

No surprises there.

Never seen one in a hedge,

That's because you have wanked yourself completely blind.

You were warned...

just sat in the middle of my lawn.

Making an obscene gesture in your general
direction, just like everyone else does.

Hang on,

To what ?

you have fences.

And hedgehogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

We had moles all over one of our lawns for about two years, we did
nothing and then they disappeared and haven't seen any mole hills since.
Moles are constantly on the move.

Sometimes they dig all the way through the earth's crust.

A likely story...

How do you think volcanoes start?

That's the devil farting, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 May 2017 03:31:11 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Why isnt that true of children and senile relos ?

Do children **** in your garden?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If yuo trap then they will sit and **** for much longer, also I think it's illegal to trap a pet in such a way.

Why is even a single cat belonging to someone
else ****ting in your garden acceptable?

that's what they do it's like birds also ****ting in your garden.

No, one is the action of wildlife the other is the result of an
anti-social pet owner.

No pet owners don't need to **** in someone elses garden.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 19:28:34 UTC+1, Richard wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

What is a garden bird?

A bird that is likely to frequent yuor garden I'd assume.
you must have seen them in yuor garden, Dodos, pengiuns, albatrosses, emus, ostriches, the sort of birds yuo'd expect in yuor garden.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 21:34:52 UTC+1, bert wrote:
In article , Mark
writes

wrote:

[...]

So did dogs a few 100,000 years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 21:35, bert wrote:

Very clever, mice and moles. Almost invisible.

You would know if you had moles!

We had moles all over one of our lawns for about two years, we did
nothing and then they disappeared and haven't seen any mole hills since.
Moles are constantly on the move.

Sometimes they dig all the way through the earth's crust.

A likely story...

Prove they don't. Cats can be in one place one moment, then somewhere else the next, they're like sand flies, they're magic.

How do you think volcanoes start?

That's the devil farting, stupid.

And lava flow is anal seepage?

--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Are they called hedgehogs because they like hedges? I never actually
noticed the first 5 letters were the same. Never seen one in a hedge,
just sat in the middle of my lawn.

Hang on, you have fences.

They hang out under the shrubbery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Are they called hedgehogs because they like hedges? I never actually
noticed the first 5 letters were the same. Never seen one in a hedge,
just sat in the middle of my lawn.

Hang on, you have fences.

They hang out under the shrubbery.

Has it got a nice two level effect?

--
My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She was not happy with what she saw and said to me, "I feel horrible. I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment."
I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

What is a garden bird?

A bird that is likely to frequent yuor garden I'd assume.
you must have seen them in yuor garden, Dodos, pengiuns, albatrosses, emus, ostriches, the sort of birds yuo'd expect in yuor garden.

Indeed, we find that the pteradactyls eat all our flowers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/05/2017 19:01, alan_m wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

and most of the garden bird population.

Most of the garden bird population disappeared when people
decided to
replace their hedges with fences. Along with the hedgehogs.

And you cannot blame cats for killing the hedgehog population.

No, but we can blame the bodgers though.

I've got hedgehogs. I left them some where to live.

We also have them, as does another neighbour across the road.

Are they called hedgehogs because they like hedges? I never actually
noticed the first 5 letters were the same. Never seen one in a hedge,
just sat in the middle of my lawn.

Hang on, you have fences.

They hang out under the shrubbery.

Has it got a nice two level effect?

Yes and with an escalator.

Why is a cats head call a cats head? TheAndroid Metalworking 11 January 17th 06 09:42 AM
Alarm advice with cats in mind. Mortimer UK diy 73 January 19th 04 08:39 AM
OT-Cats Gunner Metalworking 29 December 29th 03 06:04 PM
Yet another use for cats---other than pushsicks Jim Mc Namara Woodworking 1 July 31st 03 10:25 PM
OT? Help with detering cats Adam UK diy 24 July 28th 03 02:16 PM