Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity costs.

My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

Someone has to pay all the FITs payments.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/2017 19:57, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:15:45 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

Bearing in mind you're selling your electricity back to the grid, how
much more do you want. I'd have thought 20% more is a pretty good
deal!

That's why he is upset, he doesn't get paid 20% more, its linked to RPI.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

Try Bristol Energy.

https://bristol-energy.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I suggested to EDF that it was the monumental smart meter cock up and the
new nuclear power station we all need to subsidise. I did also suggest that
if they blamed it on brexit I'd smell a rat similar to the decimalisation
and eu joining one that I remember very well. Sadly I have little choice as
the cheaper companies don't like us blindies or indeed those with no gas.
I'm hoping that their next quote based on an actual reading will be less of
a guess.
I can see myself going nocternal on economy 7 for everything soon.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

Someone has to pay all the FITs payments.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

Try Bristol Energy.

https://bristol-energy.co.uk

---
http://www.avg.com

So I just emailed Bristol Energy to ask which region I fall into (on the
London borders), their auto reply is that they hope to get back to me
within 15 working days. Doesn't instil confidence does it!

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 May 2017 10:27:55 +0100, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

See my earlier thread on "Building my own power station"

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

That's all I want to be able to find, unit price + daily rate. To get
that it seems as if I have sell my soul by entering who I'm with,
where I live (not just postcode but full address), contact details etc
etc. Just tell me the rates!!

--
AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2017 10:27, Michael Chare wrote:
On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

Whose daft idea was the TCR (Tariff Comparison Rate)?

Oh yes, Ofgem. Another of their ideas was to 'simplify' by reducing the
numbers of tariffs. SSE Southern Electric immediately eliminated their
prompt payment discount, costing me 3%. Apparently some suppliers just
eliminated their cheaper tariffs.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

See my earlier thread on "Building my own power station"

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

That's all I want to be able to find, unit price + daily rate. To get
that it seems as if I have sell my soul by entering who I'm with,
where I live (not just postcode but full address), contact details etc
etc. Just tell me the rates!!

I expect life to get worse as the government (T May) clearly has it in
for those who have been doing as they have been told and regularly
switching to the best deal.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 May 2017 17:28:05 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort
to find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

That's all I want to be able to find, unit price + daily rate. To get
that it seems as if I have sell my soul by entering who I'm with, where
I live (not just postcode but full address), contact details etc etc.
Just tell me the rates!!

I expect life to get worse as the government (T May) clearly has it in
for those who have been doing as they have been told and regularly
switching to the best deal.

Of course. She is the only one who is allowed to get the 'best deal
possible' (har har).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian posted
On 18/05/2017 10:27, Michael Chare wrote:
On 17/05/2017 19:15, harry wrote:
My electricity plan is finishing this month.
(Scottish Power two year plan).
No gas.

Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!!
Is this what everybody else has found?

It is what I have found. The increase applies to the unit price rather
than the daily charge. It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

Whose daft idea was the TCR (Tariff Comparison Rate)?

Oh yes, Ofgem. Another of their ideas was to 'simplify' by reducing the
numbers of tariffs. SSE Southern Electric immediately eliminated their
prompt payment discount, costing me 3%. Apparently some suppliers just
eliminated their cheaper tariffs.

Recently my introductory fixed tariff (with Avro) expired and they put
me on standard variable. So I looked at their site to see what the
options were. There were about a dozen different tariffs. I calculated
which was the best for me, and contacted Avro to switch to it. Turned
out that only *one* of them was available, and it was much more
expensive than either the one that had just expired or the one I had
asked to switch to.

What's the point of that?

--
Jack
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2017 10:27, Michael Chare wrote:

It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to
find the unit price. They (the government) want to confuse me by
displaying a TCR.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub makes finding the best
deal easier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/05/2017 17:49, F wrote:
On 18/05/2017 10:27, Michael Chare wrote:

It annoys me that it often takes extra effort to find the unit price.
They (the government) want to confuse me by displaying a TCR.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub makes finding the best
deal easier.

They have just had an offer with a limit of 50,000 switchers. The offer
expired a week or two ago.
gas : daily standing charge = 18.38p, unit charge = 2.851p/kWh
elec: daily standing charge = 22.49p, unit charge = 12,788p/kWh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , alan_m
writes

elec: daily standing charge = 22.49p, unit charge = 12,788p/kWh

I am now with the Co-op, having been transferred from the failed
GBsupply. Current rate is :

daily standing charge 22.62p per day
unit charge 9.4p/kWh

Which seems reasonable.
--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 May 2017 10:09:51 +0100, Graeme wrote:

elec: daily standing charge = 22.49p, unit charge = 12,788p/kWh

I am now with the Co-op, having been transferred from the failed
GBsupply. Current rate is :

daily standing charge 22.62p per day
unit charge 9.4p/kWh

Which seems reasonable.

Not bad and beter than MSE which I also beat with:

nPower 17.26/day 10.92p/kWHr

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Sun, 21 May 2017 10:09:51 +0100, Graeme wrote:

daily standing charge 22.62p per day
unit charge 9.4p/kWh

Not bad and beter than MSE which I also beat with:

nPower 17.26/day 10.92p/kWHr

I'll have to calculate to see which is best for my supply. Last month I
used 537 so paid

537 @ 9.4 = 50.48
30 days @ 22.62 = 6.79
Total 57.27

nPower would have been

537 @ 10.92 = 58.64
30 days @ 17.26 = 5.18
Total 63.82

There must be a break even point somewhere. Our usage seems to
fluctuate fairly wildly, anything from around 400 to 540 a month.

470 @ 10.92 = 51.32
30 days @ 17.26 = 5.18
Total 56.50

nPower slightly cheaper at our average consumption.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 May 2017 18:27:06 +0100, Graeme wrote:

I'll have to calculate to see which is best for my supply. Last month I
used 537 so paid

That is the only way to pick the best deal.

537 @ 9.4 = 50.48
30 days @ 22.62 = 6.79
Total 57.27

nPower would have been

537 @ 10.92 = 58.64
30 days @ 17.26 = 5.18
Total 63.82

For comparison MSE
537 @ 12.788 = 68.67
30 days @ 22.49 = 6.75
Total 75.42

Eh? Thought MSE was supposed to be a good deal.

470 @ 10.92 = 51.32
30 days @ 17.26 = 5.18
Total 56.50

nPower slightly cheaper at our average consumption.

Er, your not comparing like with like.

Co-op:
*470* @ 9.4 = 44.18
30 days @ 22.62 = 6.79
Total 50.27

MSE
470 @ 12.788 = 60.10
30 days @ 22.49 = 6.75
Total 66.85

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2017 20:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

Which tariff is that? I looked and it was..

470 @ 14.47 = 68
30 days @ 20.55 = 6.78
total 74.78

MSE
470 @ 12.788 = 60.10
30 days @ 22.49 = 6.75
Total 66.85

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes

Er, your not comparing like with like.

Bugger :-)

Co-op:
*470* @ 9.4 = 44.18
30 days @ 22.62 = 6.79
Total 50.27

--
Graeme

No longer worth it to plug in Electric Cars or Plug-In Hybrids inAreas wit High Electricity Costs and Low Gasoline Costs SMS Home Repair 67 November 10th 14 02:59 AM
Electricity costs. sweetheart[_2_] UK diy 121 August 20th 10 04:39 PM
boiler costs - rough costs / options dirt dibbler UK diy 1 July 5th 07 11:39 AM
Electricity costs Staffbull UK diy 44 February 6th 07 12:31 PM
Typical electricity costs per month Staffbull UK diy 18 November 19th 06 03:14 AM