Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the SociopathicAttention Whore

The Peeler wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2017 15:54:22 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

In aeromodelling, superglue is used on all sorts of materials and
there are many different types available: thick, thin, medium, low
vapour, for foam. There are also accellerators and these can be very
useful when the material has little or no moisture in it or when you
are holding the parts together wating for the glue to grab.

Can't you just moisten the workpiece? Or does the moisture have to be
actually inside it?

Trolling again as troll can, eh, Birdbrain? BG

if you were not such a brainless waste of space you would realise that
the question is perfectly valid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2017 17:32:42 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Trolling again as troll can, eh, Birdbrain? BG

if you were not such a brainless waste of space you would realise that
the question is perfectly valid.

I you weren't such a demented fool, you'd have realised by now that none,
but NONE, of the idiot's "questions" are valid!

You are keeping up to your reputation. Why do we not see you in this
guise of peeler in ULM? wonder what the reason is?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is cyanoacrylate accelerator for?

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2017 04:18:59 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 09 May 2017 00:16:13 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 08 May 2017 21:35:11 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 17:53 8 May 2017, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Mon, 08 May 2017 17:43:27 +0100, pamela
wrote:

On 17:20 8 May 2017, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"James Wilkinson Sword" writes:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Grocery/B...ylate-Accelera
to r-Superglue-activator/B005H0X8OS

In my experience, superglue sets instantly, usually before
you've got the workpieces together straight, why on earth
would you need to accelerate it?

There are two types. One sets on exposure to air (moisture
actually), and the other requires an activator to set.

There's also the rubbishy superglue I have had from the pound
shop which doesn't set even if left for hours.

(Not to be confused with the watery variant they sell which
squirts everywhere when opened and sets immediately.)

I thought cyanoacrylate was a chemical which would be the same
in every bottle? Is it watered down with something else?

You can get slow setting superglue.

I thought the whole idea of superglue was it's speed.

That's just one of the idea of superglue.

Otherwise you use contact adhesive or araldite.

Doesn't work when gluing wounds.

Wounds are stuck together with superglue?

Yep.

WTF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate#Medical

Oh. I thought it was bad for you to get it on your skin. So "bad for
you" just means you might stick your fingers together.

Medical superglue is a bit different (could have different solvents) but
people have used ordinary superglue on small wounds(may have minor side
effects)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 May 2017 01:15:50 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 09 May 2017 23:41:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 09 May 2017 23:09:50 +0100, The Other John
wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 19:21:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

As I said, the split starts deep down, and progresses to the surface.

JOOI are you on beta blockers? They did this to me. As soon as I came
off them it stopped happening.

I've used those, they did precisely nothing, much like most medications.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's a fact,

Like hell it is with beta blockers, statins etc etc etc.

I had beta blockers and three other things that claimed to reduce blood pressure. Four of them all at full dosage. They did sweet **** all.

--
"Dear Santa, this year please send clothes for all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer, Amen."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 19:21:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

As I said, the split starts deep down, and progresses to the
surface.

JOOI are you on beta blockers? They did this to me. As soon as I
came
off them it stopped happening.

I've used those, they did precisely nothing, much like most
medications.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's a fact,

Like hell it is with beta blockers, statins etc etc etc.

I had beta blockers and three other things that claimed to reduce blood
pressure. Four of them all at full dosage. They did sweet **** all.

Works fine for me.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen work fine for my headaches, but some people say they don't do anything. I guess not all body chemistry is the same. Medicine is not advanced enough to know the causes of problems people have. They just guess.

--
Flanders and Swann on MOT tests:
Our car is getting a bit old, it'll have to be tested soon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 19:21:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

As I said, the split starts deep down, and progresses to the
surface.

JOOI are you on beta blockers? They did this to me. As soon as I
came
off them it stopped happening.

I've used those, they did precisely nothing, much like most
medications.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's a fact,

Like hell it is with beta blockers, statins etc etc etc.

I had beta blockers and three other things that claimed to reduce blood
pressure. Four of them all at full dosage. They did sweet **** all.

Works fine for me.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen work fine for my headaches, but some people say
they don't do anything.

Yep, don't do much for me. Aspirin works fine.

I guess not all body chemistry is the same.

So your original 'they did precisely nothing, much
like most medications' was always just plain silly.

Medicine is not advanced enough to know the causes of problems people
have.

Mindlessly silly with infectious disease, broken
bones, many genetic diseases etc etc etc.

They just guess.

Even sillier than you usually manage.