Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lidl bio washing powder.liquid and moss/weeds

Having read others advice to use thse products for moos/weedkilling, I
have tried them out. As far as I can tell so far, all my roof moss dosed
with bio powder has died off and the drive weeds are following suit. I
find using the powder outside on paving is very convenient, as the wind
distributes it well! The liquid I dilute 1:5 with water before applying
it with a squeezy bottle to specific weeds. Has anybody else been
successful? I just need to find an easy method of applying it to the
roofs without walking on them. She has currently banned me from roof
walking!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes a small shot of bleach in it is also advantageous. My gardener swears by
it, no not at it.
Anyone know what the ingredient is is the main active element, I only ask
as back in days of yore, brown water from washing machines left on the lawn
used to make it actually grow better!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Having read others advice to use thse products for moos/weedkilling, I
have tried them out. As far as I can tell so far, all my roof moss dosed
with bio powder has died off and the drive weeds are following suit. I
find using the powder outside on paving is very convenient, as the wind
distributes it well! The liquid I dilute 1:5 with water before applying it
with a squeezy bottle to specific weeds. Has anybody else been successful?
I just need to find an easy method of applying it to the roofs without
walking on them. She has currently banned me from roof walking!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 07:56:20 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Anyone know what the ingredient is is the main active element, I only ask
as back in days of yore, brown water from washing machines left on the lawn
used to make it actually grow better!

Did the brown water came from washing babies nappies or incontinent
granddads underwear in the days before disposable materials took over
?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol formulated on Wednesday :
Having read others advice to use thse products for moos/weedkilling, I have
tried them out. As far as I can tell so far, all my roof moss dosed with bio
powder has died off and the drive weeds are following suit. I find using the
powder outside on paving is very convenient, as the wind distributes it well!
The liquid I dilute 1:5 with water before applying it with a squeezy bottle
to specific weeds. Has anybody else been successful? I just need to find an
easy method of applying it to the roofs without walking on them. She has
currently banned me from roof walking!

Interesting! Is this the Formil bio powder and liquid sold by Lidl?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Capitol wrote :
Yes

Thanks, I have now bought some to try..