DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plaster drying time (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/587507-plaster-drying-time.html)

Pete Zahut[_5_] March 15th 17 01:23 PM

Plaster drying time

Just had some plastering done in the corner of a room. Is it necessary
to allow the plaster to dry naturally or is it alright to put a
dehumidifier in there to accelerate the drying process?

Tim Watts[_3_] March 15th 17 02:14 PM

Plaster drying time

On 15/03/17 13:23, Pete Zahut wrote:
Just had some plastering done in the corner of a room. Is it necessary
to allow the plaster to dry naturally or is it alright to put a
dehumidifier in there to accelerate the drying process?

Give it a day to dry naturally before forcing it then I think it will
not do any harm to put a dehumidifier in place after that.

Jim GM4DHJ ... March 15th 17 05:32 PM

Plaster drying time

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message ...
Just had some plastering done in the corner of a room. Is it necessary to
allow the plaster to dry naturally or is it alright to put a dehumidifier
in there to accelerate the drying process?

just don't paint over it too soon.....

Brian Gaff March 16th 17 08:55 AM

Plaster drying time

Just don't use a warm air blower on it. after all humidity does vary
naturally so it should not hurt to use a dehumidifier.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...