DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Parkside Router from Lidle (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/586431-parkside-router-lidle.html)

briggal1 February 22nd 17 04:14 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two
collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts.

Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use bits with 1/4" shafts.

Thanks for your help.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1192270-.htm

John Rumm February 22nd 17 04:43 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

On 22/02/2017 16:14, briggal1 wrote:
I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two
collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts.

Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use bits with 1/4"
shafts.

Might be worth looking to see if the Trend one fits, since they normally
ship their 1/4" machines with alternate 6mm and 8mm collets as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Plowman (News) February 22nd 17 05:02 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

In article ,
briggal1 m wrote:
I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two
collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts.

Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use bits with 1/4"
shafts.

Thanks for your help.

You could Google for Parkside spares/repair. But not everything will be
found that way.

For consumables like blades and so on, it's usually a question of finding
what major make the router was based on. Which can be tricky. Generally, a
German standard. Although not always - I have a Lidl circle cutter which
uses US bits. Quite difficult to find in the UK.

You could measure the bits those collets fit into and see if that helps
anyone here identify them.

--
*OK, so what's the speed of dark? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Tricky Dicky[_4_] February 22nd 17 05:22 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

I am surprised they did not provide you with a 1/4" collet, Aldi did with their router as well as 6&8mm. Contact the manufacturer they are usually identified in the user manual or did you do the usual bloke thing and lob it in the bin?

Failing that Trend do a selection of 8mm cutters perhaps not as extensive as 1/2" and 1/4" I cannot recall if they did 6mm, try their website.

Richard

Alan Dawes February 23rd 17 01:30 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

In article ,
briggal1 m wrote:
I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two
collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts.

Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use bits with 1/4"
shafts.

Thanks for your help.

Einhell make and carry spares for a lot of Lidl tools:

http://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=69

and sell 1/4" collets see:

http://www.einhelltools.co.uk/search...p=1487 856426

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6

tstl January 9th 21 05:45 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

Might want to buy a silverline router. It has 4 or 5 collets included so you can buy any chinesium bit you see.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1192270-.htm

Fredxx[_4_] January 9th 21 05:47 PM

Parkside Router from Lidle

On 09/01/2021 17:45, tstl wrote:
Might want to buy a silverline router. It has 4 or 5 collets included so
you can buy any chinesium bit you see.

You are welcome to post here, but please read the following before
replying to a 3 year old post:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub