DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moving a ceiling light (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/582256-moving-ceiling-light.html)

ss November 30th 16 07:04 PM

Moving a ceiling light

I want to move the ceiling fitting from the red cross to the blue cross
in the first floor, all wiring in the attic space, however where the
junction box will be gives only approx 50 cms head room which I have a
problem working in. So looking to do as much as I can from the bedroom
ceiling
Firstly can I pull down the wiring and join wiring using a juction box
of some kind.
Secondly if this is compliant my thoughts are to feed the extended
wiring plus the junction box back into the attic from the bedroom take
along the rafters and then feed down to the new location.

John Rumm November 30th 16 08:37 PM

Moving a ceiling light

On 30/11/2016 19:04, ss wrote:
I want to move the ceiling fitting from the red cross to the blue cross
in the first floor, all wiring in the attic space, however where the
junction box will be gives only approx 50 cms head room which I have a
problem working in. So looking to do as much as I can from the bedroom
ceiling
Firstly can I pull down the wiring and join wiring using a juction box
of some kind.
Secondly if this is compliant my thoughts are to feed the extended
wiring plus the junction box back into the attic from the bedroom take
along the rafters and then feed down to the new location.

Yup that sounds fine...

--
Cheers,

John.

Brian Gaff December 1st 16 08:47 AM

Moving a ceiling light

As long as its an enclosed junction box I'd see no issues as obviously it
needs to be safe for the next occupant of that house.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

http://www.internode.co.uk |

ss December 1st 16 11:14 AM

Moving a ceiling light

On 01/12/2016 08:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yup that sounds fine...

Thanks guys for replies I do like to play safe with electrics.