Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basic floorplan software needed

I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 30/11/2016 18:33, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.

I few years back I downloaded on a month free trial on one although cant
remember the name now (try google) More recently I have done some using
photoshop again I think there are free equivelents which would be just
as good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MrCheerful wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

I need to draw a floorplan.

google sketch up

yes, would be pretty straight-forward with that, if you've got measurements.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 18:54:48 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

I need to draw a floorplan.

google sketch up

yes, would be pretty straight-forward with that, if you've got measurements.

I though sketchup was designed to do 3D stuff and I only want 2D?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:

I though sketchup was designed to do 3D stuff and I only want 2D?

If you draw reactangles and lines in sketchup they stay flat, the
offsetting tool is usually handy for doing thick walls, but you might
not need that. anyway you don't have to extrude them into 3D.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Murmansk Wrote in message:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.

M$ Word?
Draw menu/toolbar has/d straight lines & annotation via text
boxes (probly changed the whizzo feature names a few times since
I last bothered (xp):-) )

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2016 19:13, Andy Burns wrote:
Murmansk wrote:

I though sketchup was designed to do 3D stuff and I only want 2D?

If you draw reactangles and lines in sketchup they stay flat, the
offsetting tool is usually handy for doing thick walls, but you might
not need that. anyway you don't have to extrude them into 3D.

It even had a mode for projecting 3D stuff into a 2D plan as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2016 18:33, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.

yesterday on 'Giveaway of the Day' was floor plan software ver 3.3
https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/flo...software-3-30/
Might still be available somewhere

If not you can get Lucid Draw for free .... no download all online (
bit like cut down Visio)

If you want 3D then SketchUp is free.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 18:33:57 UTC, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to
draw a floorplan.

The basic version of roomsketcher is free
http://www.roomsketcher.com/homedesigner/

If you don't mind paying a bit, Metropix which is used by estate agents is £8 for one plan, extra £4 for 3D and £3.20 for a map, all plus VAT.
https://www.metropix.com/pricing

Or your local charity shop probably has a version of Home Designer or similar software for Windows 95 at 99p

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/16 18:33, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.

draw.io is a chrome plugin that works with Google drive - but it is not
"floorplan" software.

Estate agents use software customised for the job (super easy to use).

Another option is: http://houseviz.com/services/sketch-and-draw-service
(no connection etc - just found on a google search).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/16 21:00, wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 18:33:57 UTC, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to
draw a floorplan.

The basic version of roomsketcher is free
http://www.roomsketcher.com/homedesigner/

If you don't mind paying a bit, Metropix which is used by estate agents is £8 for one plan, extra £4 for 3D and £3.20 for a map, all plus VAT.
https://www.metropix.com/pricing

To be honest, paying a few quid to use similar software to the agent
will yield an easier and neater job.

I've used agent type software in demo mode and it is terrible simple,
because it does not try to be CAD. It just lets you stretch walls around
to exact measurements and shove door and window symbols in.

It's simple because Estate Agents are generally fairly thick when it
comes to tech.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2016 21:27, Tim Watts wrote:
On 30/11/16 21:00, wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 18:33:57 UTC, Murmansk wrote:
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to
draw a floorplan.

The basic version of roomsketcher is free
http://www.roomsketcher.com/homedesigner/

If you don't mind paying a bit, Metropix which is used by estate
agents is £8 for one plan, extra £4 for 3D and £3.20 for a map, all
plus VAT.
https://www.metropix.com/pricing

To be honest, paying a few quid to use similar software to the agent
will yield an easier and neater job.

I've used agent type software in demo mode and it is terrible simple,
because it does not try to be CAD. It just lets you stretch walls around
to exact measurements and shove door and window symbols in.

It's simple because Estate Agents are generally fairly thick when it
comes to tech.

last 5 words were unnecessary.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 21:59:52 UTC, JoeJoe wrote:
It's simple because Estate Agents

I used to be one :-)

are generally fairly thick when it comes to tech.

last 5 words were unnecessary.

Does the software come with an Even Simpler Mode for energy assessors?

I used to be one of those as well. Now some of those are thick. One of them couldn't programme a Horstmann Diadem.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all those suggestions - in the end I happened to find Metropix, used it to good effect and was happy enough to pay the tenner it cost for one plan